Just Rode N* for the first time on Monday... WOW- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! Just Rode N* for the first time on Monday... WOW

I got my *ss kicked. Pretty much used my bikes' full f&r travel. Did Karpiel, Boondocks, Gypsy, and Livewire and didn't bail once!! Had a few dabs down Karpiel, very technical stuff. Boondocks is my fav., scary fun!!! Drops, rocks, wood/boulder features, burms, jumps, and tons of dust! Northstar rules. I'm totally wearing a chest protector next time.

We rolled in right about 10am and rode til the lifts stopped moving @ ~5. My body is sooo sore, but, no pain no gain, right? I even received some complements on my Litespeed Niota (140mm front / 5" rear air shock) from some dudes that had some serious DH tanks (triple clamp fork, etc) when we showed up.

For the ride I ditched my big ring and ran a tensioner & bashguard which allowed me to ride the most serious terrain that bike has been on with absolutely no chain problems. I also ran big fatty wire bead tires (2.5 front, 2.35 rear both Kenda) and despite hearing my rim banging into rocks I never blew a tube or sidewall out.

Here's the dudes I rode with and my bike on the drivers side of the truck. Cant wait to go again.

mtbr member
    I see water spots on the lens in the live camera feed at the summit.
    http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info...ntain-cams.asp

If you thought it was fun dry and dusty, try it when its tacky.
    its even better,.....way better

mtbr member
    ::Huge Grin::

We're thinkin' bout' headin' back up not this weekend but next. Gotta get back up before the snow starts.

Members who have read this thread: 0