Jumps, or bike park in the east bay?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jumps, or bike park in the east bay?

I'm new to the area and thought it would be fun to find some smallish jumps.

Is there anything in the Walnut Creek area?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Pleasanton BMX park. A bit of a drive but not too far and some decent grub in the downtown area nearby.

Resident Curmudgeon
    there is also a little used but nice BMX track in Livermore on Patterson Pass road between Mines and Vasco roads
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    There is a small gap jump track with 3 foot berms above Montclair. Its on the paved Bike path, about 1/4 mile uphill from Peetes/Starbucks. Probably about 6 or 7 gap jump sets, 4 berms. Over the last 20 years, it goes into and out of repair depending on the Groms growing up in the neighborhood. The bike path behind Montclair is easy to find, it is the old train route from Bay Bridge, to Piedmont, to Montclair, and settles into Shepherd Canyon Rd. Jump track is at base of power line tower on small hill (50 ft tall hill). Take a shovel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    There is a small gap jump track with 3 foot berms above Montclair. Its on the paved Bike path, about 1/4 mile uphill from Peetes/Starbucks. Probably about 6 or 7 gap jump sets, 4 berms. Over the last 20 years, it goes into and out of repair depending on the Groms growing up in the neighborhood. The bike path behind Montclair is easy to find, it is the old train route from Bay Bridge, to Piedmont, to Montclair, and settles into Shepherd Canyon Rd. Jump track is at base of power line tower on small hill (50 ft tall hill). Take a shovel.
    Wow, I used to do some underage drinking and .... there. A long time ago. Nice to see it's getting some good use.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    I do some over age drinking there on rainy rides, one beer max though, a few times a year. Cheers!

Uncle
    Dirt World
    Good folks doing it for all the best reasons. User friendly tracks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeph View Post
    Wow, I used to do some underage drinking and .... there. A long time ago. Nice to see it's getting some good use.
    No sh!t, I was just out there riding with the family and didn't notice any jumps. But I do remember that tower hill you are referring to. I'll have to do some recon next time...