July 2 Tahoe ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr dismember

July 2 Tahoe ride

UncleMTB and I will be doing the Tahoe Rim Trail from Mt. Rose-Red House Flume-TRT-Flume to Spooner (about 30 miles), on July 2. Anybody who can stand my slow pace is welcome to jon us. You can always take off if we are too slow. Be sure to reserve a space early on the Mt. Rose shuttle since that will be the start of the big holiday weekend. See: http://www.theflumetrail.com
    We'll be staying at the Motel 6 the night before. Pretty cheap if you book on-line. I'll be out of town with little or no email for several days so PM me if you want to get in touch.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I may be up there and assuming my wife would consent would want to go. When you say slow, what do you mean? I only ask because I fear that I may be even slower. How much climbing (vert feet) for the ride?

Thanks
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr dismember

Nobody is slower than me

Of people who ride regularly, and I see you've been doing it for a long time, nobody is slower than me. Below is a link to an elevation profile for the route. Except for Sunflower Hill, most of which I have to walk, I can do all the climbing. We will be coming down the TRT switchbacks since I have too much trouble going up them. As I recall it takes about 7 hours for this trip. It is spectacular, particularly the Flume. We'll be doing a video and be sure to bring a camera. In the highly unlikely event you want to bail there are several places after the first 9 miles. Note we are doing some looping back and you could just continue on. The shuttle ticket also gives you a free ride back if you want to bail at Tunnel Creek (all downhill after the first 9 miles). How do you do at Annadel? I'm old, have two bad knees and I've averaged less than one ride per week for two years. If I can do it anybody can, so sign up for the shuttle!

https://www.theflumetrail.com/riding...p_high_res.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sounds like a fun ride....i've done the flume trail a couple of years ago, spectacular. wish i could make it up for this ride but have to be at home (just getting back from a biz trip) that day.

do you guys have any plans for annadel over the next few weeks?

richard cohen

pewpewpew Moderator
    Gosh darn it, I'd love to ride on July 2. Can't due to work.

BUT
    for anyone interested, I will be up in Tahoe for a few days the 2nd week of august (like the 8-10 or something like that) and will be doing some rides up there. I'm thinking TRT/Flume, HITG and Toads. If you are interested let me know. I will be camping most likely at DL Bliss. Those dates are mon-wed i believe. Its right after the grouse ridge IMBA wild ride weekend.

Medium?

When...

...are you going up and more importantly, coming back? Who's driving?