Incident free Tahoe ride!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr dismember

Incident free Tahoe ride!

Today I had a great ride at Lake Tahoe with Tahoetic and T Horse. This is my first Tahoe ride in quite a while without any crashes, blood, cracked ribs, bonking, cramps, thunder, lightening, or hail. We climbed up to Armstrong Pass, went down and across Hwy 89, out to Scotts Lake and then up the Tahoe Rim Trail to the top of Toads. We then went back to Armstrong Pass and down to our starting point. Tahoetic and I then went down the Corral Trail and a bit of Powerline back to the bottom of Toads. The Corral Trail is quite a nice downhill, but I took it fairly easy since I had never been on it before. I'm not that fond of downhilling, but we had nearly 3,000 feet at the end of the ride. Although quite cold at the start, it turned out to be a spectacular day, with a hint of Fall in the air. This is the third consecutive week I've ridden much of this route and today the climbs were considerably easier, and our pace was much faster. I've covered this area with many photos lately so I only took a few.

T Horse and Tahoetic

Pretty cool water filtration setup

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice pics looks like a blast! You seem to ride Tahoe quite a bit. I'm thinking about taking a trip up there around the weekend of 10-8. What would you recommend for a rider with limited endurance but skilled at technical riding and a well set up bike (Norco Fluid)? I was thinking the Mt. Rose (I think that's what it is) to Spooner from what I've been reading

mtbr dismember

Mt. Rose to Spooner

Quote Originally Posted by Motocrosser86 View Post
    Nice pics looks like a blast! You seem to ride Tahoe quite a bit. I'm thinking about taking a trip up there around the weekend of 10-8. What would you recommend for a rider with limited endurance but skilled at technical riding and a well set up bike (Norco Fluid)? I was thinking the Mt. Rose (I think that's what it is) to Spooner from what I've been reading
    Mt. Rose to Spooner via the Flume is one of the best introductory rides to Tahoe. It is nearly all flat or downhill, and is probably the most scenic Tahoe ride. Reserve the shuttle to Mt. Rose (even days only) here and have a blast. Pay attention to the weather forecasts and be prepared for some cool weather just in case.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks for the input. If that ride seems to short or not challenging enough, what if I take North Canyon to either Snow Valley Peak or Hobart Road -->TRT-->Tunnel Creek-->back to Flume? Also is it possible to ride down to the shore at all?

mtbr dismember

Limited endurance?

You said "limited endurance" and there is a lot of altitude to contend with. But Mt. Rose to Chimney Beach is great if you can self-shuttle. That takes you down to the Lake. Or take the Spooner Shuttle to Mt. Rose and do most of that ride but go back to Spooner Lake instead of down Chimney Beach if no self-shuttle is available. Also Mt. Rose to Mt. Rose round-trip is great. Locals will have to help you with rides near the Lake.

mtbr member
    Sounds like it was a great ride. Great pics also.

Where did you (or fellow rider) get that filtration gismo?

mtbr dismember

Katadyn Hiker

Quote Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
    Where did you (or fellow rider) get that filtration gismo?
    Katadyn Hiker. I was impressed how small, yet fast it was at filling the bladder. And it just snapped right into it.

mtbr member
    Thank you.