Images from a road trip - Oregon and NorCal (xpost)- Mtbr.com
    pewpewpew Moderator

Images from a road trip - Oregon and NorCal (xpost)

Road trip time. I didn't have the camera out nearly enough, but I did manage a few shots. Somehow the trip all came together even though my planning skills were all last minute. Aosty was stuck at work and I had images of being in all these great places with noone to ride with. Life works out sometimes...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last year I went to oregon and really loved it. So when the call for volunteers for this year's cream puff came up I was definitely interested.

The cream puff was quite an event. Shiggy did a great job. I had a lot of fun and met a lot of very cool people as well as running into a lot of old freinds.

Here I am with Uncle MTB and redhaze, tallying the riders ascneding one of the climbs.

Here comes Mrs Padre, smiling like she's on a spin in the park, and not on a 100 mile endurance race on a single speed.

For more pictures, click here.

I drove up to Portland next and picked up my freind Josh. We then went to Post canyon near the Hood river to escape the rain and to ride around. I forgot my camera this day but here's a picture from my cell phone.

Here's a recently psted video of this very fun area.

That's red haze standing next to the brdige. I did ride this, along with a few other easy stunts. There are all kinds of fun things here, and watching red haze ride them was a blast! We also got some good climbing in and did a little trail exploration.

Next day was south to the mackenzie river trail. Due to time and vehicular constraints we did an out and back from the bottom.

We hopped in the car and headed to Redding California where an old friend showed us his new local trails. Todd the former Trog livers near Whiskeytown.

THere are some neat old trails that used to be irrigation ditches before the Lake was dammed. Miles and miles of trails and dirt Road to explore.

We rode to the lake and took a swim as well.

Sundial Bridge in downtown Redding.

Next stop was Northern California where Aosty drove up to meet us, having extricated himself from work. We headed up to Santa Rosa to do a slacker ride with EBrider, Tim, and Mark..
    Pictures here

Josh took off the next day back to SoCal but Aosty and I decided to stay a few extra days and mountain bike and wine taste and eat really good food. It was hard, but we survived.

We ran into Seasick on the last day. Evidently other MTBR's were in the park as well. We had no idea as we were offline and my phone was dead.

Anyway, thanks for looking. I'm off to work today the 4th. Have great barbeques and rides everyone!

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    Thanks Impy. That reminds me, I have friends in Oregon. I need to visit them.
    Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

Members who have read this thread: 0