I Think I Found My New Bike Shop (Santa Rosa)- Mtbr.com
    Life's a Garden, dig it!

I Think I Found My New Bike Shop (Santa Rosa)

I drove by Everything Cycles on Hwy 12 at Middle Rincon Rd. last week and noticed it for the very first time.

On Saturday, I stopped in to see what they were about and was very impressed. It's a small shop without much new inventory and they specialize in service, repairs and parts.

The first thing I noticed was a Phil Wood Spoke Cutter/Threader, so I had an idea they could build wheels. When I asked a few questions, the owner said all the right things, so I decided to bring in my project to discuss with him. As soon as I started pulling it out of the bubblewrap, he recognized what it was (2001 Schwinn Homegrown Factory NOS frame). I could see the appreciation for it in his eyes. He kind of questioned whether or not I really wanted to build it, because it is brand new. When I told him my plans to build an ultra light SS, he got on board in a hurry.

Suddenly, he excused himself and went over to a shelf near the door and started digging for something while he told me he had something for me. He came up with a Homegrown water bottle that he had been keeping in his shop. He said he just knew that one of these days, someone would walk into his shop who would be the perfect match for the water bottle. I tried to pay for it, but he wouldn't let me.

Anyway, I'm going to have him build my wheels for me and if all works as I think it will, I'll do as much business with him as I can. It's the kind of mom and pop shop that deserves my support.

If you're in the area riding Annadel, stop by and say hello. They really seem like nice folks.

Chuck

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've seen this place, but every time I've been by, they've been closed. I need the shifters replaced on my Epic Comp (due to big crash in May), so maybe I'll give these folks a shot.

mtbr member
    And there's a really good sandwich shop next door.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    did you really just call phyllis' giant burgers a sandwich shop

good riddance to that horrible Rincon Cyclery that was across 12

mtbr member
    nice. I was in the area a little north and wandered into Windsor Cycles and was also impressed. Guys new road/mtn, sounds like they race a bit, and had some 411 on local roads. Good selection too.

now lets see some pix of the homegrown! Have you owned it forever or did you just buy it? It's funny how many you see popping up now!

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    nice. I was in the area a little north and wandered into Windsor Cycles and was also impressed. Guys new road/mtn, sounds like they race a bit, and had some 411 on local roads. Good selection too.

now lets see some pix of the homegrown! Have you owned it forever or did you just buy it? It's funny how many you see popping up now!
    Agreed on Windsor Cyclery! Just too far to be viable for me on a regular basis.

As for the Homegrown, I just bought it last week. I've been looking for one for awhile. It had to be an '01 for the IS disk brake tabs. I sort of stopped looking on Fleabay but about ten days ago, I decided to take a look. Lo and behold, there was an '01, Large Factory Edition (ano black) that had never been built. It is truly NOS. I picked it up for a little over $500 and am building into a single speed.

Here she is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Think I Found My New Bike Shop (Santa Rosa)-homegrown_2.jpg  

I Think I Found My New Bike Shop (Santa Rosa)-homegrown_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Good to know. They are really close to me and I need a bike tune bad.