Humbug Hurryup- Mtbr.com

Thread: Humbug Hurryup

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing

Humbug Hurryup

Any of you NorCal'ers going up for the race?
    Have you been and can enlighten me re: the course?

I grabbed a magnet advertising the Hurryup when I was in Oakridge last summer. "Wife" is out of town that weekend, thought i'd make a long one of it...
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    been a couple years since i raced up there, but it was always one of the great old-school epic races. the terrain is actually not that exciting by modern standards. mostly fireroads with one or two singletrack bits, but it's a long and difficult race with lots of climbing. i always was cramping and whimpering over the last climb. it's particularly suited to 1-speeds, and in fact the years i raced there it seemed like there was always a 1-speeder in the top 5 overall.
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    Is anyone interested in carpooling to this race? I'm coming from Nevada City and am pretty flexible w/ times this weekend.

Feb 2004
    I am going up on friday but we are already 2 in the truck. See you there

May 2004

Did Anyone Do This Race?

I was going to head-up but I ended up not being able to go. Did anyone do this race? If so how was it?

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    I raced Sport 30-39. There were 15 of us that finished, dunno how many DNF'ers there were. Lemans start. Trail through mine tailings, old flumes, singletrack and gravel road climbing, awesome view of Mt. Shasta, steep gravel descent, long flowing twisty singletrack descent. All in all, a fantastic course, no poison oak, etc. Great support; feed stops, food, everything regarding support was top notch. The prizes were a bit skimpy, but that is the only thing i can complain about. The weather was perfect, the camping free and near a lake in a grass covered park. Well worth the drive. And, if you drive north another 15 miles you can say you went to Oregon!

Members who have read this thread: 0