mtbr member
    Nov 2016

How far is it from emt to wilder

So yesterday I took a quick ride and ended up at the top of emma where I found a sign pointing to a trail to wilder ranch. I was wondering how far is it to wilder and is it possible to make the ride a loop since I live close to emma.

Trail Gnome
    ^^^Its only a couple miles...

mtbr member
    About 5 miles and 40 minutes from the bottom of Emma to the top of Wilder (twin gates). *Just an educated guess. Yes, you can make a loop easily. Especially if you exit wilder at the cow pasture area and get on empire grade.

Moderator Moderator
    It is 5 miles from the parking lot to EMT, U-con, Chinquapin, to the top of Wilder, about 40 minutes at a leisurely pace and about 1000ft of climbing.

Over it
    Jun 2010
    It's 3.6 miles/680 feet from the top of Emma to Twin Gates/Wilder--according to Strava (there is also a decent starter map). There are...a LOT of ways to make a loop!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.
    The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If only there was a map on the internets...

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I'm well aware of the maps. I just asked a question. Nevermind

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yes. You're new to the area right? Have you ridden up Emma on the weekend to hook-up with some more experienced locals yet? SOOO many different options to explore. Looping over to Wilder being just one of many.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I've ridden to the top of emma a bunch of times. It's right by my apt so I use it for training rides. I've only ridden wilder once. I'm constantly at work and not sure of where to go from here. I'd love some local advise. Getting involved with mbosc too. Just trying to find my groove in Cali

jms
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azflyfishing View Post
    I've ridden to the top of emma a bunch of times. It's right by my apt so I use it for training rides. I've only ridden wilder once. I'm constantly at work and not sure of where to go from here. I'd love some local advise. Getting involved with mbosc too. Just trying to find my groove in Cali
    You can make a fun loop by continuing up from U-Conn to the Twin Gates/Empire Grade intersection , then descending down through Wilder/Grey Whale, and back in to Santa Cruz. Ther's a ton of options off of Long Meadow on the way down. Enjoy the exploration.
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah work, and daylight savings time will reduce our chance to ride this time of year.

As for exploring beyond the top of EMT...again many, many options. You can always connect with someone here or on meetup.com, but on weekends, there are so many groups that congregate at the top of EMT, that you can say hi, introduce yourself, you can just tag along.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Cool! I will do that then. I'm riding there tonight to. Test out a new fork

Totally, and to the max.
    I live in Scotts Valley and work in Santa Cruz. Anytime you want to get out for a ride and learn the area, let me know. Happy to guide.

k-max
    kylecreates@gmail.com