House of pleasure or house of pain this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

House of pleasure or house of pain this weekend?

Pick your poison and enjoy the weekend. House of pain for me !
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

ask
    user
    A bit of both for me:

Skeggs yesterday afternoon in the heat. Hit all my favorite trails 1 longish loop with ~3k feet of climbing... felt more like 5k of climbing.

Heading to Demo in a bit. Still a bit sore from yesterday and it is shaping up to be HOT. Planning to hit all the main trails if my legs hold out.

I suspect you have way more pain than me though... I'm using my geared squish instead of the SS for these rides.

Have a good weekend AR.
    Last edited by ask; 07-21-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: meh

mtbr member
    House of Pleasure and pain....Demo was super nice this AM but got pretty warm by climb out. Used up all my energy building a new jump...crawled back to car.
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member

Same here

Just a run up Kennedy to the U.Sisters hills. Or the It's ... baby and mother. Rode with Owen ... a tri-guy who knows francois. A warmup ride for tomorrows Priest or Overgrown to power pole ride tamale. The pain part is tomorrow. Hope this pic doesn't make my cog look big ! Just for self defense I added a few teeth cause that LP guy has been hanging around on our block lately squashyo. House of pleasure or house of pain this weekend?-0721121215.jpg LG man and myself will welcome others to join us on Alma bridge road for some senseless s.c.... say 9:30-10 ish for 3k ish of ups. Don't miss out on the fun!
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 07-21-2012 at 04:18 PM.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    LOL! “Big cog envy syndrome”!

Would have loved to join you guys today in attempt to secure the quota for the lame Strava Rapha TDF Footie Challenge today, but I need to save some beans for the Howell Mountain Challenge Race tomorrow… although these semi-social-paced-boring-ass-fireroad-climb rides are always more fun.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It was all about the neighborhood park and singlespeedin' for me. About 800 foots over 7 miles. So, probably bordering on pleasure, though that ride up passed the Archery Range/Disc Golf Course is a bear on the SS.

mtbr member
    Pain today with doing a monster amount of yardwork and landscaping... Pleasure tomorrow in the dirt.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member

Today's fig. 8 pleasure

Started early enough to avoid the heat a bit after 9am. Easy peasy ride up Limekiln to the intersection of woods/kennedy then across the ridge down priest rock/dogmeat back to the car. LG man picked up his "prize beer" and will post it up soon. We do that damn trail so much that ... yup it's gettn kinda easy/pleasurable. My bike is finally completely dialed in for S. Azul.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Pain:
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

Members who have read this thread: 0