Help with Mt. Burdell (Novato)- Mtbr.com

May 2006

Help with Mt. Burdell (Novato)

Does anyone know of sick downhill or freeriding at or around novato or mt. burdell. I rode there for the first time recently and thought it has a lot of hidden potential.

My gloves stink
    Burdell is pretty limited. It's not really that big, and you're restricted to the fire roads. It's heavily trafficked by pedestrians and equestrians, so you have do ride sanely.

Big Rock Ridge is much better. If you're in Novato and you look to the south, you'll see a ridge with a couple of radio towers on it. That's Big Rock. Look it up in the trail review database for access directions. If you can handle the climb- which ain't easy- you'll be rewarded with a hella downhill. The fire road has fairly unobstructed viewing so you can go fast and still be "responsible". Not a lot of traffic of any kind up there, mostly due to the nasty climb. And, if you're in the mood for some serious XC, you can ride from Big Rock all the way to the GG Bridge on the Bay Area Ridge Trail- probably about 45 miles and 5000 feet vertical rise.
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

Members who have read this thread: 0