Has anyone ever ridden Sled Ridge Trail - Mendocino NF- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone ridden Sled Ridge Trail in Mendo NF - 2300' Downhill w/ Shuttle

Has anyone ridden Sled Ridge on a bike or ohv? I know the place is crawling with dirt bikes, but some of the pix and videos I've come across give me the impression this is a rather promising downhill spot with the ability to shuttle. I'm thinking of maybe trying to hit sled ridge right after sunrise on a weekend or maybe on a Monday to avoid heavy traffic on the trail.

Roughly 2300' of vertical over 3 miles. If I remember correctly, the drive time from the top to the bottom of the trail is around 25 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone ever ridden Sled Ridge Trail - Mendocino NF-sled-ridge.jpg  

Last edited by Haus Boss; 09-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Yes! I ride up there at least once a year @ Penny Pines. Don't take your bike up there, you will get mowed down going up against any dirtbike up there. We ride it fast. It's probably one of my top 10 singletrack's on dirtbike. You could try, but I'd be very careful.

mtbr member
    I got in contact with one of the people who posted a video of them mountain biking the place. They said they didn't have any problems with OHVs. But like I said, I realize the place is crawling with dirt bikes, I'd probably try and ride there between Mon - Thur. All those berms and lips are just too much to pass up!

mtbr member
    Cool... that is probably one of the best hidden gems' left in NorCal that is not whored out. good luck

Members who have read this thread: 0