Got my son a new frame- Mtbr.com
    smw
    pedal pusher

Got my son a new frame

Kyle was missing riding. He has been kicking butt at work this month so I decided as a bonus Id get him a frame to build. I went to a swap meet sunday morning and saw nothing worth spending money on. So I walked into Trail Head to say hi, and what I saw right in front stunned me, an 04 Enduro S-Works frame with the Fox Brain shock set-up, for a cool $798. Now Kyle is the proud owner of a beautiful new S-works frame. He needs a build kit, so it'll be a bit before he joins us again, but he's looking forward to it.

To be honest, I dont know who is more excited, him or me.

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smw; 04-24-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add picture
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Totally, and to the max.
    Can you be my dad for a day? I've been kicking butt at work, too. I've got the right name. And the Niner is $50 cheaper. It if helps I'll make you a card out of glitter and macaroni.

Thanks!
    Kyle

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    Can you be my dad for a day? I've been kicking butt at work, too. I've got the right name. And the Niner is $50 cheaper. It if helps I'll make you a card out of glitter and macaroni.

Thanks!
    Kyle

hahahaha, he just yells at me, no cards. But when we ride together we always seem to get along. I just ordered some Sram X-9 derailers and shifters, Thomsen stem with free handlebars and Race Face DH cranks complete with bash guard. Down to wheels, fork, and brakes.

Sounds like you are gonna be getting a Niner too. Mine is ordered, but wont be in for another month and a half. The wheels are also on order.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    hahahaha, he just yells at me, no cards. But when we ride together we always seem to get along. I just ordered some Sram X-9 derailers and shifters, Thomsen stem with free handlebars and Race Face DH cranks complete with bash guard. Down to wheels, fork, and brakes.

Sounds like you are gonna be getting a Niner too. Mine is ordered, but wont be in for another month and a half. The wheels are also on order.

Sean
    When I grow up, I want to be like Sean. So, do you plan on making him puke his lungs out?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    When I grow up, I want to be like Sean. So, do you plan on making him puke his lungs out?

Yep, just like last time. The idea is to make him quit smoking. Trust me it takes all of one ride, and he doesnt want too smoke. He hacks so hard you think hes gonna cough a lung up. But really JC its for the entire groups enjoyment.

Sean

bike buster
    Yep, just like last time. The idea is to make him quit smoking. Trust me it takes all of one ride, and he doesnt want too smoke. He hacks so hard you think hes gonna cough a lung up. But really JC its for the entire groups enjoyment.

Sean

You are a cruel, cruel man.
    .... take some pictures. :-D

Justin

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubsl2
    You are a cruel, cruel man.
    .... take some pictures. :-D

Justin

You suffered too, albeit for only one ride, but you suffered.

Sean

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    What happened to his old frame/ride?

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    What happened to his old frame/ride?

That was mine and I sold it. This is his. He really liked the Enduro, and this one is a better version of it. He likes the black better too.

Sean

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Ah...that's right. For some reason, I thought you sold the Enduro to him. The S-Works is tight!

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... Make him do what I did!!

Have a full bottle of that muscle recovery drink, wear the full face and follow you through 47.

He'll quit smoking soon enough.

Nice to know somebody I know got it(that frame). It isn't my size but I kept waiting to see if they'd build it up.
    Have the guys, or Charles build up a wheelset for you, that or a Dee Max/Trax setup.

I was in there checking on an order and saw someone finally got it!! (Is the Yeti still up there?)

Let's ride
    How sweet is that?!

My dad took an empty Lu cookies tectangular tin can and tied a string through a hole in it. I towed it behind me wherever i went, cling clanging all about.
    This S-works frame comes close to being just as cool.

You're a cool dad Sean.

bike buster
    You suffered too, albeit for only one ride, but you suffered.

Sean

No joke. No regrets, either. :-)

aka dan51
    Kyle was missing riding. He has been kicking butt at work this month so I decided as a bonus Id get him a frame to build. I went to a swap meet sunday morning and saw nothing worth spending money on. So I walked into Trail Head to say hi, and what I saw right in front stunned me, an 04 Enduro S-Works frame with the Fox Brain shock set-up, for a cool $798. Now Kyle is the proud owner of a beautiful new S-works frame. He needs a build kit, so it'll be a bit before he joins us again, but he's looking forward to it.

To be honest, I dont know who is more excited, him or me.

Sean
    Great price on that frame! Had I known, I could have sold you mine! Instead I took the fork you would have used for the build..... which, BTW, is super plush. I may be sold on the whole coil spring thing. Now I just have to get a ride in on it.
    Make him build it. He'll probably have more respect for it and want to ride more too.

-Dan

Silence! I kill you!
    So, did ya pick that up from the Trailhead swap meet? I was over there on saturday and I saw and lusted after that frame. But if I had gotten it, I never would have gotten the chance to enjoy it cause my wife would have killed me! But since my parents just moved out of CA, I'm in need of a surrogate Dad to buy me stuff
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Great price on that frame! Had I known, I could have sold you mine! Instead I took the fork you would have used for the build..... which, BTW, is super plush. I may be sold on the whole coil spring thing. Now I just have to get a ride in on it.
    Make him build it. He'll probably have more respect for it and want to ride more too.

-Dan

He said something about me building it for him, and I said its your bike so I will assist him, he wants to learn how to do it anyway. Im still up in the air on the fork, Im thinking going Vanilla. He liked the Float, but its the only fork he had ever rode. I agree about the Vanilla, I hope the Talas gets better on the Yeti, Ive grown fond of the coil myself. I do like the travel adjust though.

Sean

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Have a full bottle of that muscle recovery drink, wear the full face and follow you through 47.

He'll quit smoking soon enough.

Nice to know somebody I know got it(that frame). It isn't my size but I kept waiting to see if they'd build it up.
    Have the guys, or Charles build up a wheelset for you, that or a Dee Max/Trax setup.

I was in there checking on an order and saw someone finally got it!! (Is the Yeti still up there?)

All it takes is a trip to St Josephs. Since we are doing this Hill Climb every wed. at Kennedy, looks like thats where he will be suffering soon enough.

Sean

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Awesome frame smw!! He's gonna LOVE IT!!
    Click Here for Forum Rules

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    Awesome frame smw!! He's gonna LOVE IT!!

Looks kinda like yours huh?

Sean

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Yup...but his is all shiny and new..mine's all dirty and dinged

Really, it's an awesome ride - the brain works GREAT on the climbs

Looks kinda like yours huh?

Sean
    Click Here for Forum Rules

aka dan51
    He said something about me building it for him, and I said its your bike so I will assist him, he wants to learn how to do it anyway. Im still up in the air on the fork, Im thinking going Vanilla. He liked the Float, but its the only fork he had ever rode. I agree about the Vanilla, I hope the Talas gets better on the Yeti, Ive grown fond of the coil myself. I do like the travel adjust though.

Sean
    Let me know if you want the fork back. I haven't actually used it yet, I just got it mounted last night about 9:00pm on my Enduro. In the end I would probably end up getting the RLC model so I can get the lockout.

If he learns how to build it, he'll learn how to fix it on the trail too.

It'll be nice riding with Kyle again. We were just getting to know him when he disappeared.

-Dan

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Let me know if you want the fork back. I haven't actually used it yet, I just got it mounted last night about 9:00pm on my Enduro. In the end I would probably end up getting the RLC model so I can get the lockout.

If he learns how to build it, he'll learn how to fix it on the trail too.

It'll be nice riding with Kyle again. We were just getting to know him when he disappeared.

-Dan

He's going to go with the RLC model. It will be nice to have him riding again. He seems to be a happier person when he's riding. He rode to work today and called to let me know he's hacking a lung already, and that a 12 minute flat ride. He's trying to prepare because he said he does'nt like being last. He's pretty excited about it too, bought his girlfriend a new bike too, thats what he rode to work. Hopefully we can have all the parts in the next couple of weeks and get this thing built so he can join us on the Hill Climb rides on wed. evening rides.

Sean

Paper or plastic?
    He's going to go with the RLC model. It will be nice to have him riding again. He seems to be a happier person when he's riding. He rode to work today and called to let me know he's hacking a lung already, and that a 12 minute flat ride. He's trying to prepare because he said he does'nt like being last. He's pretty excited about it too, bought his girlfriend a new bike too, thats what he rode to work. Hopefully we can have all the parts in the next couple of weeks and get this thing built so he can join us on the Hill Climb rides on wed. evening rides.

Sean
    If he's in a bad mood when not riding, you know that he's been converted to the joys of MTBing. Next you know, he'll stop smoking and start training to beat his dad up the climb. Sounds like a good investment to me.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    If he's in a bad mood when not riding, you know that he's been converted to the joys of MTBing. Next you know, he'll stop smoking and start training to beat his dad up the climb. Sounds like a good investment to me.

If he trains and quits smoking he will progress quickly due to his 22 years young. Problem is I keep getting faster, but Id be proud when he can do it, it will also push me. He's already talking about SS also. So when my Niner shows up, looks like I may have a buyer for the Salsa. SS'ing will get him in shape alot faster, but he's a 230lb clyde, so I still got that on him.

On a side note, my daughter has been riding her bike almost daily. So the SMW family seems to be on its way to the joys of mt biking.

Sean

Groveland Trail Heads

Reading this thread

If he trains and quits smoking he will progress quickly due to his 22 years young. Problem is I keep getting faster, but Id be proud when he can do it, it will also push me. He's already talking about SS also. So when my Niner shows up, looks like I may have a buyer for the Salsa. SS'ing will get him in shape alot faster, but he's a 230lb clyde, so I still got that on him.

On a side note, my daughter has been riding her bike almost daily. So the SMW family seems to be on its way to the joys of mt biking.

Sean
    just puts a smile on my face. You are a good person, Sean
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

Members who have read this thread: 0