Good weather for 24 Hours of Adrenalin this weekend!- Mtbr.com
    Totally, and to the max.

Good job! Good weather for 24 Hours of Adrenalin this weekend!

Looks like it's going to be a sunny 70 weekend for the festivities. What's better, the full moon is Friday night, so with some luck (read: no fog) we may have a little help on the night laps. Riding by moonlight is quite an experience for those who've never done it. On an open trail, your eyes can adjust to where you don't need a light and it feels like you're riding in a black and white film. Very surreal. Looking forward to it.

Who's all going?

I will be there... Playing DR Strangelove in that black and white film (or filum as the Irish say)
    Full moon too??? I don't need no stinkin' lights.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    I'm in - I'm so damn excited it's hard to sleep
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    I'm in - I'm so damn excited it's hard to sleep
    Yeah, what's up Mr. I've been riding my single speed every day? You guys gonna podium?
    I'm so getting my a$$ handed to me it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    Yeah, what's up Mr. I've been riding my single speed every day? You guys gonna podium?
    I'm so getting my a$$ handed to me it's not even funny.
    Podium!?!?! Funny Dude...you remember me at NVDC..DFL my man I've been riding my SS....except at Coe...I'm not that stoopid)

My a$$ is comin' to me on a platter - or a hat...not sure yet

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    24HOA?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that.

It's not like I've been getting more and more excited each day. It's not like the anticipation has built up to the point where I'm getting dizzy and can think of nothing else. It's not like I lie in bed at night, eyes wide open as I picture how cool this weekend will be. It's not like all I've talked about during the last few days is the race. It's not like I'm in a frenzy, and can't sit still but instead must repeatedly check every last part of my bike to make sure it's in perfect working condition.

No, it's not like that at all.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    24HOA?

It's not like I've been getting more and more excited each day. It's not like the anticipation has built up to the point where I'm getting dizzy and can think of nothing else. It's not like I lie in bed at night, eyes wide open as I picture how cool this weekend will be. It's not like all I've talked about during the last few days is the race. It's not like I'm in a frenzy, and can't sit still but instead must repeatedly check every last part of my bike to make sure it's in perfect working condition.

Better check that small chainring...

I'm planning to head down on sat to watch yous all race, or, er, sit around and drink beer until your lap comes up.

You guys doing double laps at night? what's the plan?

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Better check that small chainring...

I'm planning to head down on sat to watch yous all race, or, er, sit around and drink beer until your lap comes up.

You guys doing double laps at night? what's the plan?
    Woohoo! We have a fan! Right on!

Small chainring: Bolts are tight. The chainring is relatively new, in good shape, and it's a steel Deore ring instead of wimpy XT. Had to do some grinding of the Deore ring to make it fit over the external BB. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works well.

No double laps at night. Just straight taking turns the whole race.

jrm
    mtbr member

More like Major TJ "king" kong

In them you'll find one .45-caliber automatic, two boxes ammunition, four days' concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings ... Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas[*] with all that stuff."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nov 2004
    Me too. I'll be there riding the 8 hour solo event. Couldn't swing the 24 this time. The whole Mom's day conflict was a killer for me (mainly since I dropped the ball so bad on Valentines day...)

I'm bringing the single as a backup bike, but hopefully I'll stay geared.

If you see me out there sufferring, please just pat me on the back and say I look great.

Last year my favorite time was riding the lap during sunrise. Beautiful. Bummed I have to miss that this year.

Oh, and Kyle, even though riding by moonlight is great, I'd keep the lights on during the race.

UB.

jrm
    mtbr member

So true..

24HOA?

Dang....

Paper or plastic?
    Woohoo! We have a fan! Right on!

Small chainring: Bolts are tight. The chainring is relatively new, in good shape, and it's a steel Deore ring instead of wimpy XT. Had to do some grinding of the Deore ring to make it fit over the external BB. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works well.

Well, we got Becky, a massage table, great coffee and a fire pit. You can keep Rensho.
    But if you're really nice, and grovel a little bit (remember, what would power useful for if it weren't to abuse it?), we might share (the fire pit, not Becky).
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Well, we got Becky, a massage table, great coffee and a fire pit. You can keep Rensho.
    But if you're really nice, and grovel a little bit (remember, what would power useful for if it weren't to abuse it?), we might share (the fire pit, not Becky).
    massage table?!?? good coffee!! Fire Pit!!!...but you're not sharing Becky not cool dude

My wife is bringing brownies to share ...and no, not the "special" kind (rats!)

Paper or plastic?
    massage table?!?? good coffee!! Fire Pit!!!...but you're not sharing Becky not cool dude

Should I bring the portable DVD player too? The battery only last one movie, I lost the 12V adapter and the screen is 7", but that could be cool. I got "4 brothers".

mtbr member

note to self: finish reading sentence before getting excited.

Its gonna be a blast this weekend!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Doctor Strangelove.... That was a great movie

Totally, and to the max.
    "I'd keep the lights on during the race."

Yeah, I wouldn't want to get rolled over in the dark by one of the Luna Chix.

Wait, what am I saying? Of course I would!

Medium?
    Remember when I told you guys not to ride up Bear Mountain Road, and you did it anyway?

Double up your laps at night. It's hard to get to sleep and to get up. It's not that hard to do a 2 hour night ride. In fact, it's pretty much of a blast. Not only does every one get to sleep for four or five hours, the volunteers/support/captain don't have to go down to the timing tent as often during the night.

Fast Eddy
    Three 24hrs, team captain twice, 5th and 6th of 20ish resp.
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    "I'd keep the lights on during the race."

Yeah, I wouldn't want to get rolled over in the dark by one of the Luna Chix.

Wait, what am I saying? Of course I would!
    My point exactly!

True that

Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    In them you'll find one .45-caliber automatic, two boxes ammunition, four days' concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings ... Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas[*] with all that stuff."
    I have assembled pretty much the same survival pack... I've also included a bottle of Glennmorangie to keep the pistons firing at night.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Remember when I told you guys not to ride up Bear Mountain Road, and you did it anyway?

Double up your laps at night. It's hard to get to sleep and to get up. It's not that hard to do a 2 hour night ride. In fact, it's pretty much of a blast. Not only does every one get to sleep for four or five hours, the volunteers/support/captain don't have to go down to the timing tent as often during the night.

Fast Eddy
    Three 24hrs, team captain twice, 5th and 6th of 20ish resp.
    Hey, I like going up Bear Mountain! It was Larry who didn't know what he was getting into, and took extra special glee at ignoring your advice.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    I have assembled pretty much the same survival pack... I've also included a bottle of Glennmorangie to keep the pistons firing at night.
    Sweet. Can I borrow some of your sleeping pills, pep pills, tranquilizer pills, morphine, Glennmorangie, and the .45? I think taking those all at once will result in a lap to remember. Someone got a camera?

Let's ride
    That's a great team name: Glennmorangie and a .45

Mar 2006
    Im in. The waiting is killing me. Lets just all pray the fog/drizzle will leave us alone this year. I've pre riden the trail and wrote a report about it if you would like to read. I even did some trail maintenance on Sunday. A few spots where you had to duck to miss a branch or bush is no longer there.

http://briansevall.blogspot.com/2006...adrenalin.html

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Team Captain Fast Eddy
    Double up your laps at night. It's hard to get to sleep and to get up. It's not that hard to do a 2 hour night ride.
    [ nm ]

bicycle rider
    Who's all going?
    My wife's on an all-woman team, most are mom's. It's how she wants to spend Mother's Day. I think it's pretty cool. If she's still conscious Sunday afternoon she says she wants to go to her Mother's house to celebrate. We'll see.

Wish I was going but I'm on kid duty. They'll be helping me do volunteer work at the Berkeley Hills Road Race.

Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    That's a great team name: Glennmorangie and a .45
    See that Zorg??? Is it to late to change our name?

Paper or plastic?
    See that Zorg??? Is it to late to change our name?
    I don't think so, but we can always say that our name is Rag Tag Racing aka Glennmorangie and a .45

The .45 reminds me of some catchy song but I can't remember the damn title.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Gack!!!

Who's all going?
    I'm going but I'm not sure what I'll be riding, one of the swingarms on my Switchblade snapped like twig yesterday. Farging Bastiges. See if I can dig up the short travel kit that I stashed some time ago. Grrrr.

jrm
    mtbr member

Oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    I'm going but I'm not sure what I'll be riding, one of the swingarms on my Switchblade snapped like twig yesterday. Farging Bastiges. See if I can dig up the short travel kit that I stashed some time ago. Grrrr.

iThat sucks. All in all though..you might want the shorter travel set up...i dont know..

Trail Goddess

Trade you for some Trollhouse? I'm making a batch tonight. See you tomorrow.

Fiona
    Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona
    Trade you for some Trollhouse? I'm making a batch tonight. See you tomorrow.

Fiona
    You Betcha!

Snowjnky McDreamy
    We got two teams. A 4 and 5 person. We thought it would be cool to get gold and silver J/K no really just kidding
    I got lucky to be on the one with 5 folks.
    We will be the guys with the matching Voler SleepDeprived ClusterFlies jerseys
    Lets go Sleep Deprived Clusterflies.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Members who have read this thread: 0