Good rides near Daly City?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good rides near Daly City?

hey guys,

starting to get a little tired of riding Montara Mtn and Skeggs. (though I love Skeggs). Is there anything else relatively close to DC? Something else off Skyline Dr, closer than Skeggs? Or off the 1, without having to go to Santa Crux? Or do I have to go to Marin, or East Bay

thanks

mtbr member

Well, there's Purisma Creek...

That's off of Skyline north of Skeggs. It's got a good singletrack trail, Whitmore Gulch Trail. It's kind of crowded with hikers on weekends, though.

http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trai...20Bike%20Trail

South of Skeggs, where highway 9 crosses Skyline, is Saratoga Gap/ Long Ridge. There's some good riding there. You can drop down into Stevens Canyon and climb back up to the Gap.

http://www.singletracks.com/php/trail.php?alpha=hf

Hella Olde
    What trails do you ride on Montara? I ask becuase there may be some you've overlooked..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

strictly xc..

Quote Originally Posted by DH40
    What trails do you ride on Montara? I ask becuase there may be some you've overlooked..
    not any of that FR stuff, like Boyscout and the other one I forget the name.

one thing about Montara that kinda sucks is the lack of singletrack...meaning a lot of it.

unless I am overlooking some XC singletrack? i only know the singletrack that shoots off the main fireroad, and there isnt much of it

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa
    not any of that FR stuff, like Boyscout and the other one I forget the name.

one thing about Montara that kinda sucks is the lack of singletrack...meaning a lot of it.

unless I am overlooking some XC singletrack? i only know the singletrack that shoots off the main fireroad, and there isnt much of it
    OK, can't help you then.

formerly Gobike69

Daly City Rides

OK, can't help you then.
    There's a sweet single track that runs the face of the Devil Slide that a real blast. It starts just past Mile and goes to the trail head at the Devil Slide turn out. You can also ride San Bruno Mountain. The single track on the south side is closed to bikes but no one seems to care and the Park is officially closed Tues, Wed, and Thurs so it's not real high pressure. You also might want to look at North Pacifica. There are a bunch of little single tracks of Los Baiquano and over at Milagro Ridge. Have Fun!

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by gobike69
    There's a sweet single track that runs the face of the Devil Slide that a real blast. It starts just past Mile and goes to the trail head at the Devil Slide turn out. You can also ride San Bruno Mountain. The single track on the south side is closed to bikes but no one seems to care and the Park is officially closed Tues, Wed, and Thurs so it's not real high pressure. You also might want to look at North Pacifica. There are a bunch of little single tracks of Los Baiquano and over at Milagro Ridge. Have Fun!
    That is a cool trail (on Devils Slide) way back before we could find the top of Mile, we rode that everytime...from the road it looks like they fixed up the hike-a-bike section that was washed out (with stairs)...I'll have to scope out San Bruno....where do you access it from?

formerly Gobike69

SB Mtn

That is a cool trail (on Devils Slide) way back before we could find the top of Mile, we rode that everytime...from the road it looks like they fixed up the hike-a-bike section that was washed out (with stairs)...I'll have to scope out San Bruno....where do you access it from?
    Depends on where you're coming from. I work in Brisbane and live in SSF so I ride from my front door. If you're coming from DC you can ride up Guadalupe Parkway to the bottom of Radio Road. You can jump on a trail from there. There's also a map that's on the County website. Have Fun!