Glory Hole - New Melones- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Glory Hole - New Melones

Rode this today for the first time. Dry, dusty and hot... but I loved it. The Tower Climb up was tough, but well worth it on the way down. Did Angels Creek, Buck Brush, Carson, Gold Rush, Frontier, and Tower. Hit a couple twice. Logged 20 Miles in just over 2 hours. Had a blast... would be a very cool ride in a little better climate... Gold Rush was the only disappointing ride...

mtbr member
    This is a great ride in April when the flowers are out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glory Hole - New Melones-melones2.jpg  

Glory Hole - New Melones-melones4.jpg  

ballbuster

I can't believe I have not hit this yet

Quote Originally Posted by nutballchamp
    Man, I need to hook up with the Trogs and have them show me around.

On my list....

jrm
    mtbr member

Havent been there since

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Man, I need to hook up with the Trogs and have them show me around.

On my list....
    i camped there with the trogs. The camping is sooooo mellow too. I'd go again.

mtbr dismember

Night ride

Quote Originally Posted by nutballchamp
    They sanitized some trails last Spring. Great place to night ride. I am looking forward to my first night ride in about five years in a few months. Here is a real oldie video with imjps.

from Steve Wolf on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Awesome April pictures... speaking of Trogs, how the hell do you register for that forum ? There is no register button on the site ?

Trail Goddess
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewN209
    Awesome April pictures... speaking of Trogs, how the hell do you register for that forum ? There is no register button on the site ?
    Try the LOGIN button. If that doesn't work, PM George da Trog.

Fiona
    Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!!

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Quick question. Do they charge to get into GH? Just wondering so I can stop by ATM on the way. Thanks.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppuh Klyde
    Quick question. Do they charge to get into GH? Just wondering so I can stop by ATM on the way. Thanks.
    There is now a $5-6 fee to enter and park there.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Kool. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    glory hole and Tuttletown Recreation Area great spring and fall. Also the B.O.R. put in 8 to 10 miles of new bike trails in at Tuttletown this year.

trogs has the info on registration at the top of the discussion pages as the first topic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I love GH, underated ride. Has anyone checked out the new trails at Tuttletown?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i have and the B.O.R. learned a lot from GH and hired a pro trail crew with pro designer for a great system .

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    There is also some interesting stuff on the Peoria side of the lake. Not as nice as GH but fun for something different.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Will you guys please knock it off already, I should be posting this stuff but now I'm working and still have to get out to the family house soon.

O/[email protected] realized I have that map to send out to you, doing it right now, white envelope to your office address.

ballbuster

Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    There is now a $5-6 fee to enter and park there.
    ... cost of a bad fast food meal, and this is way better for body and mind. Bargain, if you ask me.

Dang, I just looked it up, tho. 2.5 hour drive for me each way. The biggest expense of riding there is the cost of gas for the car, divided by how many mufuggers I can get to ride with me. Downside is, my car can only haul two bikes, unless I take my wife's Avant and throw the roof racks on there. 2 on the roof, 2 on the hitch rack.... Hmmmm... a plan is forming....

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Wink

... cost of a bad fast food meal, and this is way better for body and mind. Bargain, if you ask me.

Dang, I just looked it up, tho. 2.5 hour drive for me each way. The biggest expense of riding there is the cost of gas for the car, divided by how many mufuggers I can get to ride with me. Downside is, my car can only haul two bikes, unless I take my wife's Avant and throw the roof racks on there. 2 on the roof, 2 on the hitch rack.... Hmmmm... a plan is forming....
    *Too bad they plowed down Froggie's, best burgers around for the longest time!

ballbuster

Off topic....

Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    *Too bad they plowed down Froggie's, best burgers around for the longest time!
    You're making me jones hard for a good burger.

I have to find a kick ass burger joint in Oakland. Sparky's is good, but not great. I want to find something like Phylis' in San Rafael.

If anybody knows anything, please let me know.

Uncle

You have

... divided by how many mufuggers I can get to ride with me.... Hmmmm... a plan is forming....
    ... my contact info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    As you make a right onto whittle road to enter the park, there is a gas station/general market/sporting goods store... GET A BBQ STEAK SANDWICH for lunch. Wow.

Like a boss.
    You're making me jones hard for a good burger.

I have to find a kick ass burger joint in Oakland. Sparky's is good, but not great. I want to find something like Phylis' in San Rafael.

If anybody knows anything, please let me know.
    I'm not sure if it's South Berkeley or North Oakland, but I always enjoyed the Smokehouse on Telegraph a couple of blocks south of Ashby. Haven't been there in years, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt56
    Are you a whiny Marin liberal, or a hand-wringing Berkeley liberal?

jrm
    mtbr member

What better excuse

for camping

ballbuster

oh, screw them

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha426
    I'm not sure if it's South Berkeley or North Oakland, but I always enjoyed the Smokehouse on Telegraph a couple of blocks south of Ashby. Haven't been there in years, though.
    They changed ownership. The new owners charge for condiments. A naked burger is like $5, but if you want lettuce and tomatoes on it, it comes to like $9. Pretty ridiculous. And... its not that good.

*edit*

And I don't mind paying $9 for a burger if its a kick ass burger. IIRC, I typically drop $11 at Phyllis' for a mushroom burger with freshly battered onion rings (usually split an order with a friend) and a soda.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 08-29-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Like a boss.
    They changed ownership. The new owners charge for condiments. A naked burger is like $5, but if you want lettuce and tomatoes on it, it comes to like $9. Pretty ridiculous. And... its not that good.
    No ****, really?!? That's criminal. That place was one of my favorite dives when I was in school. I went there one night and there was a guy... with his 5-foot-long f*cking Burmese python, just chillin'. Ah, Oakland, how I miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt56
    Are you a whiny Marin liberal, or a hand-wringing Berkeley liberal?

Members who have read this thread: 0