Giant dealers- Mtbr.com

Thread: Giant dealers

mtbr member

Giant dealers

Does anyone know of any shops in the SF bay area who have a good selection of Giant mountain bikes. I live in the south bay area and I would like to take a close look at the Giant trance model. I have read some great reviews and I want to get a new bike soon.

mtbr member
    Eden Bicycles in Castro Valley, although that's a pretty good ride from the South Bay

TaS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Sunshine Bicycles in Morgan Hill / Gilroy

I may be a little biased as I wrenched for these guys a long long time ago.

Have a Day

Tom
    Littleton, CO

I like mtn biking, too
    I just saw a Giant trance, as well as Reign X, and some other model I'm not familiar with, at Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont. Great bike shop.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I bought my Anthem X from Pacific Bikes in SF. Nice guys there. I always deal with Darcy who is super helpful.

They have a lot of Giants in stock and think last time I was there they had some good sale prices on 2010 Trances as well. Believe it was the 2010 Trance X1.

mtbr member

2010 & 2011 Giant Bicycles

We have a lot of these bicycles in stock, including TranceX and AnthemX 29 models, give us a shout if you want to check our stock for sizes.
    Ibis Cycles
    www.ibiscycles.com

Save Jesus
    find giant dealers thru their website

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3
    I bought my Anthem X from Pacific Bikes in SF. Nice guys there. I always deal with Darcy who is super helpful.

They have a lot of Giants in stock and think last time I was there they had some good sale prices on 2010 Trances as well. Believe it was the 2010 Trance X1.
    +1 on Pac Bikes. Was there yesterday during my lunch hour to have Darcy check out an issue with my Fox fork- very nice and helpful guys there as well an ample selection of nice "candy" - Giants, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Scott, Ellsworth in various sizes and models to touch and feel.

I think I saw a couple trances there on sale as well as the XTCs? ( the HT w/ a AL main and carbon stays?)

Plenty of nice road and CX bikes there also, i.e. Cervelo, Orbea, Scott, Bianchi.

mtbr member
    I believe Sun Bike shop is a giant dealer, but yeah check their website.

Oh, and if you can make the drive, Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont is the shiznits

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sorry grrrah, hate to disagree, but for anything other than a tube or a few loose parts, do not go to Sun Bike shop in N. San Jose/ Milpitas. You can check their online review thru mtbr, that store is terrible in the way they treat their customer.

The owner, Sun, is a good guy. The sale staffs are ok, but there is this one stinkin mechanic in the back that has a major attitude problem.

He actually told me my AM mountain bike is making noise because I ride it off road and I ride over rocks and jumps. Word for word, he then told me "just dont worry about the noise and ride the bike". I eventually took it to Passion trail bike where it was diagnosed with a cracked bottom bracket shell.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    Sorry grrrah, hate to disagree, but for anything other than a tube or a few loose parts, do not go to Sun Bike shop in N. San Jose/ Milpitas. You can check their online review thru mtbr, that store is terrible in the way they treat their customer.

The owner, Sun, is a good guy. The sale staffs are ok, but there is this one stinkin mechanic in the back that has a major attitude problem.

He actually told me my AM mountain bike is making noise because I ride it off road and I ride over rocks and jumps. Word for word, he then told me "just dont worry about the noise and ride the bike". I eventually took it to Passion trail bike where it was diagnosed with a cracked bottom bracket shell.
    No worries, and I agree with you. I liked their previous sales guy, and 2 sales guy before him. Sun and those guys were cool to deal with, but I don't really take stuff to their mechanic/service. I think we both agree about PTB.

The OP was asking for Giant Dealers. Thats were I bought my TCR many moons ago, so just chiming in on that. One of those bad reviews is from me due to an experience I had with one of the in-between sales guys. Honestly, I haven't been back since the last guy left.

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll

I was there earlier this week, and I don't believe that they are a Giant dealer any longer, though to Grahh's point, they used to be. Mostly Specialized, Ibis, Santa Cruz, and maybe some Trek.

The owner, Sun, is a good guy, and I buy a bunch of my stuff there. No experience with their service department, though.

-D

Members who have read this thread: 0