Georgetown shuttle- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Georgetown shuttle

Saw this pop up on the feeds today. Guided shuttles in Georgetown.

Don't know anything about them, but may try to find out soon:

https://www.rambe.co/

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

mtbr member
    We looked into going out with these guys last month but their schedule was very limited, probably due to the late season time frame. Maybe we'll get up there next year. Home

BKXC has done some time up there as well....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrVA3ZkCq7o
    Carpe Diem!!

mtb'er
    Definitely legit. G-town is one of those spaghetti trail systems that is best to ride with someone who knows the better routes... and a shuttle can eliminate stupid steep climbs. (Perhaps the same could be said of UCSC trails?)

I'm a pretty dedicated trail explorer, but Georgetown confuses me. I feel like I take the wrong turn way too often. I don't really want to go back without a veteran trail boss -- ideally for free with a buddy who knows the lay of the land well -- but if you have expendable income, hooking up with P. Dubs and Bender probably won't leave you disappointed, while supporting a nice MTB start-up in a zone some say is Downieville circa 1993.

President of the Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    Definitely legit. G-town is one of those spaghetti trail systems that is best to ride with someone who knows the better routes... and a shuttle can eliminate stupid steep climbs. (Perhaps the same could be said of UCSC trails?)

I'm a pretty dedicated trail explorer, but Georgetown confuses me. I feel like I take the wrong turn way too often. I don't really want to go back without a veteran trail boss -- ideally for free with a buddy who knows the lay of the land well -- but if you have expendable income, hooking up with P. Dubs and Bender probably won't leave you disappointed, while supporting a nice MTB start-up in a zone some say is Downieville circa 1993.
    I'm no G-town expert, but I feel I know most of the major trails pretty well. I'll show you where I ride, if you want. This is kind of my standard route.

It did take quite a bit of orienting to figure it out in the beginning. What I've found helpful is to take a ride like the one linked and make it into a route in Strava, so you can just follow it as you ride. The problem you run into is there are a lot of trails that are not mapped, so you hit a fork and don't know which way to go. The Strava route really helps.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    I'm no G-town expert, but I feel I know most of the major trails pretty well. I'll show you where I ride, if you want. This is kind of my standard route.

It did take quite a bit of orienting to figure it out in the beginning. What I've found helpful is to take a ride like the one linked and make it into a route in Strava, so you can just follow it as you ride. The problem you run into is there are a lot of trails that are not mapped, so you hit a fork and don't know which way to go. The Strava route really helps.
    Looks like a cool route..can you post up the gpx? I donít have the premium Strava.
    TIA!
    -D

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~ View Post
    Looks like a cool route..can you post up the gpx? I donít have the premium Strava.
    TIA!
    -D
    There is an option on Strava pages to "Create Route".

https://www.strava.com/activities/2357364724/route

Once you have created the route, you can save the .gpx I just tried that and it worked for me as a non-premium member. (Made it "private" and deleted it after my test.)

Hope that helps,
    ///Charlie
    Long live long rides

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline35 View Post
    There is an option on Strava pages to "Create Route".

https://www.strava.com/activities/2357364724/route

Once you have created the route, you can save the .gpx I just tried that and it worked for me as a non-premium member. (Made it "private" and deleted it after my test.)

Hope that helps,
    ///Charlie
    Awesome; Iíll give that a go. Thanks Charlie!
    -D

mtbr member
    I did some time exploring out there and I'll second that not everything is on the map. Some of the trails you definitely don't want to go the wrong direction on. My advice would be to hook up with Tom from California Expeditions and do a shuttle for one day. After you've done a shuttle you'll be able to lay your routes on top of the map and then figure out ways to ride on your own.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One