"Gas prices set to plunge"- Mtbr.com
    Flat Pluto Society

"Gas prices set to plunge"

Set phasers on stun.

Hold up on buying gasoline for a week, and the price could drop by an average 16 cents a gallon nationwide. If you fill up a Ford Expedition, thats a nifty $5.36 in savings.

Gasoline prices have been sliding steadily for several weeks, and theyre promising to get even cheaper as crude prices fall and the U.S. moves into the summer driving season. Near Houston, in areas surrounded by refineries, the price is about $2 a gallon, according to data from GasBuddy.com.

Woohoo!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:49 AM. Reason: Dump tRump!
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Some good news, finally. I have noticed that instead of going up 20 cents for the summer so foar, it has dropped 20.
    IPA will save America

jrm
    mtbr member
    More cars on the road....say hello to serious traffic...

Hella Olde
    Do you hear that, melting glaciers?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    Do you hear that, melting glaciers?
    my wife is shopping for a Prius Hybrid. gah! i'm trying to push up up the scale with a new Rav4, which is surprisingly badass.

her current rig of super unleaded and 20mpg is getting old.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    "plunge" is a bit of an overstatement.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I'll welcome it if it happens and will believe it when I see it.
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    my wife is shopping for a Prius Hybrid. gah! i'm trying to push up up the scale with a new Rav4, which is surprisingly badass.

I saw the RAV4 ad and was like woah - they've come a long way! - I think there's even a TRD version.

In hindsight, my remark is kinda jerkish and hypocritical. I just bought a 1991 4Runner for cheap that will run for another 100k. It is a Hybrid in chromatic sense, however - Lots of different colored body parts!. The new tow hitch I put on last weekend and the OneUp USA rack I'm about to get for it will cost more than I paid!

Reuse! caw caw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Gas prices set to plunge"-img_7095.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The adjective "temporarily" was also omitted.
    Ride fast. Huck bravely. Waste no beer. Safety third.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    More cars on the road....say hello to serious traffic...
    When the prices rose, the traffic didn't exactly decline. So I doubt this is much of a concern.

I'm good with lower gas prices.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Wishful thinking. It's like Bay Area home prices. Fearmongers waiting, waiting for the apocalypse.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

If you are still shipping for a car can I suggest the BMW i3? You can get them used for under $20K. You want the 2017+ with the Generator in the back. They call this a range extender. We just got one a month ago and it's awesome. Has 100+ miles of Electric range and then the Generator kicks in a 6% so you never actually run out of range. You just buy gas if you need it but so far I've only seen the Generator kicks in once. The car is hella ugly but it functions very well. Very quick zippy car that you just get in and go. The No gas to deal with is super convenient and I think the Generator is a BMW 600cc motto motor that only needs service annually. Anyways...it's an awesome car and great value used.
    I'm installing the tow hitch on it so I can attached my bike carrior and use this car instead of my bigass ram 3500 for weekend bike rides.

jrm
    mtbr member
    they also only rose to $4. Its not a single factor by any means but it is a contributing factor like end of the school year, and holidays that fall on the ends of weeks and the weather.

jrm
    mtbr member
    hybrid as in pushing, towing and driving..JK. Ive had 3 of those and they seem to run a good long time as long as the maintenance is kept up. The 2nd gens are great 3.4L transplant candidates..

190lbs of climber
    I never understood the panic around gas prices. They always interview people before holidays...

------
    So, gas is $4/gal, will this change your vacation plans?

"Yeah, money is tight, we'll probably stay closer to home"
    ------

Maybe I'm just out of touch, but at $4 vs $3, on a three tank round trip long weekend in a 20 gallon American gas hog, that's $60 difference. If just $60 is the make or break on doing a trip, should you really be doing that trip in the first place? Americans are so terrible with finances. People will drive a mile or more out of their way and wait ten minutes in line for a gas station that is 20 cents a gallon cheaper, all to save $4. While they're there, they'll spend $4 on a Monster drink and $9 on a tiny package of jerky.

Crazy town. If two gas stations are across the street from each other, I'll go to the cheaper one, otherwise, I just pay whatever the price is at the exit I end up taking.
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    I never understood the panic around gas prices. They always interview people before holidays...

------

------

Maybe I'm just out of touch, but at $4 vs $3, on a three tank round trip long weekend in a 20 gallon American gas hog, that's $60 difference. If just $60 is the make or break on doing a trip, should you really be doing that trip in the first place? Americans are so terrible with finances. People will drive a mile or more out of their way and wait ten minutes in line for a gas station that is 20 cents a gallon cheaper, all to save $4. While they're there, they'll spend $4 on a Monster drink and $9 on a tiny package of jerky.

Crazy town. If two gas stations are across the street from each other, I'll go to the cheaper one, otherwise, I just pay whatever the price is at the exit I end up taking.

For a working family that needs to commute to where the jobs are (rarely near the affordable housing) to put food on the table and pay for health care for their kids, a dollar a gallon can put the hurt on. I'm older now and slight better off, but even as recently at the meltdown in 2009, shit was hard for me and my fam. If anyone told me maybe I shouldn't try to give my kids a vacation road trip because money was tight I'd tell em to f right off. It's usually the better-off that get all preachy about people living within their means. People who haven't struggled. The only way for 90% of people to make it these days in the Bay is to tap into some form of generational wealth.

mtbr member

4-Runner oil cooler, check it

One of my siblings bought a '91 from my buddy after he had let the oil get too low and it went after the bearings and such. Took me forever to swap out the 3VZe engine with a Japanese take-out. Inspecting the oil pan resulted in the multiple broken rings, and then I hit the oil cooler located at the very bottom, it was clogged tight. Wasn't doing it's job at all, no wonder the rings bit the dust.

Great vehicle, just check that oil cooler and clean out the rad enough to keep things running at the right temps.

As for gas, don't worry, it will go back up again.

I saw the RAV4 ad and was like woah - they've come a long way! - I think there's even a TRD version.

In hindsight, my remark is kinda jerkish and hypocritical. I just bought a 1991 4Runner for cheap that will run for another 100k. It is a Hybrid in chromatic sense, however - Lots of different colored body parts!. The new tow hitch I put on last weekend and the OneUp USA rack I'm about to get for it will cost more than I paid!

Reuse! caw caw
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

Hella Olde
    Good tips! I might just drop the pan for a look. Luckily this one was a single family truck that appears to have had regular maintenance and the T4R req'd stuff done (head gasket, ball joints, timing chain, etc.) over the years. I'll do my best to keep the oil fresh. Taking her to the Cascadia Full Tilt Enduro at Mt Shasta bike n ski park in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by unicrown junkie View Post
    One of my siblings bought a '91 from my buddy after he had let the oil get too low and it went after the bearings and such. Took me forever to swap out the 3VZe engine with a Japanese take-out. Inspecting the oil pan resulted in the multiple broken rings, and then I hit the oil cooler located at the very bottom, it was clogged tight. Wasn't doing it's job at all, no wonder the rings bit the dust.

Great vehicle, just check that oil cooler and clean out the rad enough to keep things running at the right temps.

As for gas, don't worry, it will go back up again.

Hella Olde
    HAHA It's got the 3.0L which is a fairly anemic design, but with the auto tranny and OD it cruises at 70 on the freeway all day. This is just for dad MTB fun. It has no airbags so wife isn't real stoked about the kids riding in it, which is OK because they don't fit - this thing is tiny inside. I'll have to get a grown-up car again after summer, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    hybrid as in pushing, towing and driving..JK. Ive had 3 of those and they seem to run a good long time as long as the maintenance is kept up. The 2nd gens are great 3.4L transplant candidates..

Hella Olde
    duplication

Flat Pluto Society
    Good tips! I might just drop the pan for a look. Luckily this one was a single family truck that appears to have had regular maintenance and the T4R req'd stuff done (head gasket, ball joints, timing chain, etc.) over the years. I'll do my best to keep the oil fresh. Taking her to the Cascadia Full Tilt Enduro at Mt Shasta bike n ski park in a couple of weeks.
    Bro, can you really afford that trip?

Kaw, KAW!
    Anti demagogue.

Hella Olde
    HAHA I will be leaving no generational wealth behind SPEND SPEND

CLASS WAR! cawcaw

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Bro, can you really afford that trip?

Kaw, KAW!

190lbs of climber
    People who haven't struggled. The only way for 90% of people to make it these days in the Bay is to tap into some form of generational wealth.
    Amen to that. I have never really struggled and have had plenty of family support, but I still could never afford to move back to the Bay Area!
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I was happy to only spend $56 today on a near empty 19gallon tank in my mid size truck after just spending $48 Thursday last week (point is I've spent $48 in less than a week on gas). Truthfully, I'm not sure how much cheaper it was today though. haha It may have been as much as .20. However, I don't pay attention to gas prices very closely for the simple reason that I need gas. Price aside, I need it. With that said, I'll stay away from the Chevron and similar stations that are blatantly a buck per gallon than other places in town. I'm not going to drive through the city for the cheapest price, but I know the most expensive ones aren't going to get my money, unless I need to get a few gallons to get me through the day until I can get to the known cheaper places.

------

------

A lot of it is just the pure sound of the expense. A $99 product sounds cheaper than a $100 product.

The idea of 'saving' on gas expenses is notable and common in all walks of life here in the states, evident by people looking for a gas price 0.08 cheaper at a different gas station. Once on an automobile forum a person was asking if they think "we the internet" could make it 60 miles with the light on because they wanted to get the cheaper gas near where they work.

It's hard to see the difference per tank without doing the math....it is more about "this will cost more than it did".

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I was happy to only spend $56 today on a near empty 19gallon tank in my mid size truck after just spending $48 Thursday last week (point is I've spent $48 in less than a week on gas). Truthfully, I'm not sure how much cheaper it was today though. haha It may have been as much as .20. However, I don't pay attention to gas prices very closely for the simple reason that I need gas. Price aside, I need it. With that said, I'll stay away from the Chevron and similar stations that are blatantly a buck per gallon than other places in town. I'm not going to drive through the city for the cheapest price, but I know the most expensive ones aren't going to get my money, unless I need to get a few gallons to get me through the day until I can get to the known cheaper places.

A lot of it is just the pure sound of the expense. A $99 product sounds cheaper than a $100 product.

The idea of 'saving' on gas expenses is notable and common in all walks of life here in the states, evident by people looking for a gas price 0.08 cheaper at a different gas station. Once on an automobile forum a person was asking if they think "we the internet" could make it 60 miles with the light on because they wanted to get the cheaper gas near where they work.

It's hard to see the difference per tank without doing the math....it is more about "this will cost more than it did".
    This is too hard for my after work two beers in for my brain to comprehend. Will check back later.

NOT.
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    May 2005

------

------

While I do agree with all of this, as a business owner with a fleet of trucks that get low mileage it's a big deal. Big fluctuations can cost me $1000.00 a month if it swings wildly upward. Those are costs usually not accounted for since jobs were bid many months beforehand. I'm still waiting for my 15,000 pound GVW electric flatbed truck to come to market. The newer diesels are getting pretty decent mileage but the emissions and the related reliability issues with them are getting out of hand.

fc
    not bad. Not four dollah anymore"Gas prices set to plunge"-screen-shot-2019-06-12-7.47.45-am.jpg
    IPA will save America

fc
    Here's a question:

What type of gas do you put, regular unleaded, mid or premium. And why??

Does the price of gas affect the type you use?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Paid $3.57/gallon at the Costco in S. San Fran this morning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    My cars are designed for regular and using anything else is a waste of money. One thing to watch is newer vehicles with direct ejection should be feed top tier gas to avoid a costly cleanings in the future.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by tswitz1234 View Post
    Paid $3.57/gallon at the Costco in S. San Fran this morning.
    Is that near Frisco?
    IPA will save America

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Is that near Frisco?
    "Frisco"? Boo, Hiss! Where do you live, Missouri?

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I'm seeing prices around 3.59-3.75 for regular around where I live in Point Loma, San Diego area.
    Wish it would "plunge" some more.....

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Actually that line of thinking died with Herb Caen. All the FNs and all the cool kids and their moms and dads call it FRISCO

'San Fran' is the new corollary to that old Caenism

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yup, right at the 380/101 interchange.

I hear Frisco and I think Dallas suburb or the town near Breckenridge.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Actually that line of thinking died with Herb Caen. All the FNs and all the cool kids and their moms and dads call it FRISCO

'San Fran' is the new corollary to that old Caenism
    Nope, Never! I also HATE the term "Cali"

Now... Get the F off my lawn!

Cycologist
    I'm not from California and I don't like Frisco either. Sounds like something for cooking really greasy fried chicken.
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send me cookies.

Hella Olde
    HAHA you're probably not down with the 'Sco, the 'Dro, or the 'Meda either.....

Nope, Never! I also HATE the term "Cali"

Now... Get the F off my lawn!

Hella Olde
    Maybe you should tell these guys they belong in Texas or Colorado:

https://friscohellsangels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tswitz1234 View Post
    Yup, right at the 380/101 interchange.

I hear Frisco and I think Dallas suburb or the town near Breckenridge.

Hella Olde
    You wouldn't understand

Just in case it's not too obvious, i love trolling ppl whenever this issue comes up....

Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I'm not from California and I don't like Frisco either. Sounds like something for cooking really greasy fried chicken.

mtbr member
    You say Missouri as though it's a bad thing. Boo Hiss back at ya

mtbr member
    Maybe you should tell these guys they belong in Texas or Colorado:

https://friscohellsangels.com/
    They throw a mean party at the clubhouse every year

Hella Olde
    Agreed & my mom was born in Kansas City MO! The remark sounds like something a San Fran elitist would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee29 View Post

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Ha! Just picked a random mid-West state. Could've been Illinois, if that would make you feel better. (I'm from Illinois, btw)

Hella Olde
    They throw a mean party at the clubhouse every year
    Never went to the party but I have been yelled at by them a few times for riding my bike or skateboard through that little shortcut at the end of 'their' street in Dogpatch. That hood got gentrified AF - haven't been through there in a minute.

mtbr member
    Never went to the party but I have been yelled at by them a few times for riding my bike or skateboard through that little shortcut at the end of 'their' street in Dogpatch. That hood got gentrified AF - haven't been through there in a minute.
    It's been a long minute since I've been back. I couldn't find my bike last time. Those black FXR's all start look alike after you party there.

mtbr member
    Ha! Just picked a random mid-West state. Could've been Illinois, if that would make you feel better. (I'm from Illinois, btw)
    They do share a border. All good

Hella Olde
    It's been a long minute since I've been back. I couldn't find my bike last time. Those black FXR's all start look alike after you party there.

Sick bikes - what year?

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Here's a question:

What type of gas do you put, regular unleaded, mid or premium. And why??

Does the price of gas affect the type you use?
    I use 110 Octane leaded. Price seems kinda high...
    "Gas prices set to plunge"-gassssser.jpg

mtbr member
    Sick bikes - what year?
    2000-2004 If you recall there was a huge boom for HD after they launched the Twin-Cam engine. Frisco did a great job capitalizing on the new rider market. Parties, poker runs etc. The Prospect rockers were literately being bid for. If you happened to win the fist-fight beforehand. Crazy times

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    2000-2004 If you recall there was a huge boom for HD after they launched the Twin-Cam engine. San Francisco did a great job capitalizing on the new rider market. Parties, poker runs etc. The Prospect rockers were literately being bid for. If you happened to win the fist-fight beforehand. Crazy times

Courtesy correction for ya. You're welcome.

Hella Olde

Large popcorn, extra butter please!

Flat Pluto Society
    "Frisco"? Boo, Hiss! Where do you live, Mussourrah?
    Repaired for ya.
    Anti demagogue.

Moderator Moderator

"Gas prices set to plunge"

I use 110 Octane leaded. Price seems kinda high...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gassssser.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	1257099
    Wow! Your MTB holds 3 gallons of racing fuel?!

Hella Olde
    2000-2004 If you recall there was a huge boom for HD after they launched the Twin-Cam engine. Frisco did a great job capitalizing on the new rider market. Parties, poker runs etc. The Prospect rockers were literately being bid for. If you happened to win the fist-fight beforehand. Crazy times
    Now that you mention it I do remember seeing a lot more prospects on the road back then. Wearing baggy fashion jeans and puffy white sneakers with red hoodies under vests.

Paper or plastic?
    Feel lucky to plug the car in at night

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Feel lucky to plug the car in at night

So long as those PG&E blackouts don't happen in your hood

mtbr member

LOL.. Try to keep up. FRISCO is not a location

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Yeah, I got that...

Paper or plastic?
    So long as those PG&E blackouts don't happen in your hood
    No perfect solution!

Moderator Moderator
    Back up generator. Im looking into one now. Palo Alto power reliability is more of an issue than in the past.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm getting one soon as PGE is cutting power to my area for sure later this summer. I'm checking out Hondas before the run on them.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    I'm getting one soon as PGE is cutting power to my area for sure later this summer. I'm checking out Hondas before the run on them.
    I looked at Powerwall but you really need two of them for it to work, 3 for total redundancy and 2 are $15k after state rebates.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Careful folks with the backup generators. If you're just going to have one in the garage that you can pull out and plug in your refrigerator and router, that's one thing.

Dedicating circuits for emergency power is a whole 'nother ball game. Transfer switches and subpanels (and the associated labor and inspections) get expensive real quick.

Moderator Moderator
    I may go partial solar with back up. Seems to be the best solution.

Hella Olde
    Some of my, uh, acquaintances, were liking WhisperPower low-RPM diesel gennys for off the grid power needs.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    I may go partial solar with back up. Seems to be the best solution.
    Solar is available in low $3 per watt now

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm going with the one is the garbage for backup idea -- figure I can take it camping if I ever wanted as well. We'll see how many fire all these cause ...

North Bay is looking at long outages I'd guess.

mtbr member
    You're correct, it's a fallen flag RAILROAD actually, and they never made it to the City. The Frisco had one helluva a cool paint job on their engines. I suppose a few made it to the Bay Area when the BN took over or as foreign power.

mtbr member
    Careful folks with the backup generators. If you're just going to have one in the garage that you can pull out and plug in your refrigerator and router, that's one thing.

Dedicating circuits for emergency power is a whole 'nother ball game. Transfer switches and subpanels (and the associated labor and inspections) get expensive real quick.
    Couldn't agree more, I'm sitting her at my desk looking at a 25kw Isuzu genset we built. Done these over and over. Like Chuck says, just plug a heater or something into it if you need to stay warm, unless you have the bucks for auto-transfer switches and such.

Flat Pluto Society
    Gas prices could fall to below $2.

Not for us NorCalers! But good enough for me.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/econo...ces/index.html
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Never mind...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/inves...muz/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    [QUOTE=Banshee284;14137219]Never mind...

^^ That escalated quickly. It seemed too early in Summer to enjoy a drop in oil/gas prices so now they have a reason to crank prices back up.
    Here along Colorado's Front Range my last tank of Premium Shell V Power (my Lexus GX demands it and I do what Lexi says) was $3.36 down from the $3.65 it had been since early May.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee284 View Post
    Never mind...

darn it.

It was looking good"Gas prices set to plunge"-screen-shot-2019-06-13-7.17.10-am.jpg
    IPA will save America

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee284 View Post
    Never mind...

Orchestrated?

fc
    Orchestrated?
    I've seen enough movies to have that first thought as well.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i have not been to the gas station lately..

how's the plunging going?
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Wēk Ss
    I think price increases are always orchestrated. These companies are so full of shit. These damn multi-national oil companies that gouge the crap out of us.

The plunging is going great, or do you mean plundering of the common man.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    I think price increases are always orchestrated. These companies are so full of shit. These damn multi-national oil companies that gouge the crap out of us.

The plunging is going great, or do you mean plundering of the common man.
    #plundering No other word succinctly fits
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    The closest station to my house (1/2 a block) it's 4.36 for 87 Octane this AM. This station is a known ripoff but no plunging yet....

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I've seen this movie before. Circa 2002-2003. Show us the evidence.

Up In Smoke
    There's probably a long detailed answer to this that goes into supply and demand and economics and what not, but if anyone has a layman's answer to this that would be cool.

Is it too much to ask for consistent gas prices nationwide? I want to go to chevron in California and pay the same price that they're paying at chevron in florida.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    California has special blends of gas. We even pioneered the use of cool chemicals like MTBE in gas and flame retardants in kids clothing. Never mind we had to remove these things later after they were found to be toxic. It gives the politicians something to do other than working on our real problems.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    California has special blends of gas. We even pioneered the use of cool chemicals like MTBE in gas and flame retardants in kids clothing. Never mind we had to remove these things later after they were found to be toxic. It gives the politicians something to do other than working on our real problems.

Don't forget the gas tax that the majority of Californians voted for. Twice.... Though I guess that is a good place for the funding of free healthcare to anyone who sneaks into the country unlawfully.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Poor voters thought they were fixing our roads.

IPA tester
    Poor voters thought they were fixing our roads.
    Poor voters don't think where "free" comes from
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

Flat Pluto Society
    $3.25 at the Stockton Costco.

C'mon down!
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    The San Diego plunge has also seemingly 'stalled'............

Moderator Moderator
    $2.25/gallon in my hometown NC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Do people with private jets notice a drop in jet fuel prices? Heck no!

mtbr member
    Today. This is with Safeway rewards, but still half the price of everything in the Bay Area.

Co Springs
    Top ten low price by GasBuddy here in CS at the moment;

2.50 to 2.59, most at 2.52 to 2.55.
    Hope you all get a nice break.

bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

Flat Pluto Society
    Still $3.25 at the Stuckton Costco.

Come ON!!!!!
    Anti demagogue.

Meatbomb
    Diesel has dropped from 3.15 to 2.80 in just over a week in Scottsdale.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    hey. my body weight plunged this week!! i'm down two pounds!!

oh, i like this word "plunge"!!
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Here in 'Dago, I got gas for 3.69 . It's dribbling downward, and the gal at the station told me it's gonna drop more.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by bayareamtnbiker View Post
    Do people with private jets notice a drop in jet fuel prices? Heck no!
    I noticed. It meant I could fly to Curacao instead of 'just' Aruba, for the same $.
    Anti demagogue.

Flat Pluto Society
    Phil Matier of the Chronic says gas will go up a nickel (5.6 cents, actually), beginning of July, due to the new gas tax "we" voted on.
    Anti demagogue.

Flat Pluto Society
    $3.25 at the Stockton Costco.

C'mon down!
    Annnnnd $3.20...
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Is it too much to ask for consistent gas prices nationwide? I want to go to chevron in California and pay the same price that they're paying at chevron in florida.
    Floridians apparently don't love taxes as much as Californians do.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post

Shipping gas all over the country from specific locations will always create disparities in prices. $6/gal or more up in Alaska in remote cities. You'll get a better chance of that with electricity and not having to ship the petroleum products to all the end-user locations, pipelines, gas stations, depots, the tanker trucks, every po-dunk gas station, the holding tanks, etc. Also why hydrogen is a bad idea, all the infrastructure required to pipe, ship, store to all these end-user locations.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Flat Pluto Society
    Cool site, it tells you if you should buy gas now, or hold off: https://www.fuelcaster.com/
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Cool site, it tells you if you should buy gas now, or hold off: https://www.fuelcaster.com/
    Wouldn't your fuel gauge have a say in this decision?

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Truckee29 again.

Flat Pluto Society
    I don't have a fuel gauge, all I have is an app on my phone that connects to the manufacturer's website, and it tells me how much gas I have left, but it's a pain in the ass to use so I don't use it much. I just guess.
    Anti demagogue.

Trail Gnome
    I just filled up yesterday, in Santa Cruz...they actually paid me to take the gas ⛽️

fc
    A minority vote only. You're on empty but predictions stay prices will drop next week so you Uber it all week.
    IPA will save America

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I just filled up yesterday, in Santa Cruz...they actually paid me to take the gas ⛽️
    Now that's cheap! 🐦
    Anti demagogue.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I just heard that a refinery on the east coast blew up, so gas prices should definitely spike on the west coast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Flat Pluto Society
    Double double post post.
    Anti demagogue.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    I just heard that a refinery on the east coast blew up, so gas prices should definitely spike on the west coast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Well, a Saudi belched yesterday, so that should raise prices by a quarter or so.
    Anti demagogue.

Hella Olde
    Cheapest near my Zip is $3.76