fun at Skyline (the Napa one)- Mtbr.com
    organically fed

fun at Skyline (the Napa one)

I did a clockwise loop around the park; Manzanita > Marie Creek > Chaparral > Skyline > Buckeye > Skyline

Shout-out/thanks to Pete for the recommended route and motivational video, although this loop is just a bit different.

up Manzanita Trail...

lots of HAB here...

fallen oak limb limb and some impromptu trail work sans tools...
    before...

after...

more uphill fun...

Lake Marie from Chaparral Trail...

I had a pucker moment here when one of my front brake pads got stuck under the rim. Luckily, I was able to dab to a stop without further incident...

on the other side of the lake, Skyline and Buckeye Trails...sweet flow here. I backtracked and rode it twice...

views from Skyline Trail...

end of the loop...

I had some time to kill, so I took the trail out West labeled "ridge to river" or something like that. I wasn't expecting much, but it's really quite fun for what it is...

then back to the park for a quick session on the bars...

The end.

Urban Ninja
    Trail conditions are superb right now. The trails were all blown out after the race and then SSWC, but the rain seems to have cured em. I gotta get out there soon. Oh and the Ridge to River trail is the best! I usually park at the golf course so that I can finish the ride with that trail. It's one of my favs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    nice pix and writeup...i've only ridden there once but it's a ton of fun for a local, not huge park.

Members who have read this thread: 0