Friday Slacker Demo Ride: 10am- Mtbr.com
    Totally, and to the max.

Friday Slacker Demo Ride: 10am

I didn't get my slacker ride in on Monday, so I'm doing it on Friday. There's a handful of us planning on a Demo ride this Friday at 10am. The plan is something like, do Corral and Braille with a climb up Sulphur Springs, then hit the Summit Store by 2pm. Pace is moderately cruising. Ya know, have fun, but get it done. Then, sandwiches, sun and suds on the Lido Deck at the Summit Store. Pace for this part will be slow and social. Get it? Got it? Good. Conditions should be almost perfect. Come get some! RSVP. Se habla espanol.

mtbr member
    Glad I saw this pop up. I was looking for a ride on Friday and I think this will be the one. I might have ridden or seen you at demo before so if you don't mind me tagging along for a bit. I haven't been to demo for a while and been itching to go. You meet at the lot or on the road? My name is Paul and I will be driving the purple/maroon pathfinder and have a baby blue superlight. Yup, ole' baby blue!
    They never made the "Slowster"

NedwannaB

I may be down for this Kmax

Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    I didn't get my slacker ride in on Monday, so I'm doing it on Friday. There's a handful of us planning on a Demo ride this Friday at 10am. The plan is something like, do Corral and Braille with a climb up Sulphur Springs, then hit the Summit Store by 2pm. Pace is moderately cruising. Ya know, have fun, but get it done. Then, sandwiches, sun and suds on the Lido Deck at the Summit Store. Pace for this part will be slow and social. Get it? Got it? Good. Conditions should be almost perfect. Come get some! RSVP. Se habla espanol.
    Literally. From up north. What will you be spinning on?
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

NedwannaB

Lot was closed last time

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    Glad I saw this pop up. I was looking for a ride on Friday and I think this will be the one. I might have ridden or seen you at demo before so if you don't mind me tagging along for a bit. I haven't been to demo for a while and been itching to go. You meet at the lot or on the road? My name is Paul and I will be driving the purple/maroon pathfinder and have a baby blue superlight. Yup, ole' baby blue!
    They were using for work staging area I think. Could be reopened.
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

Totally, and to the max.
    Join us, Jeff! It'll be a good day. I'll be my big, bad nomad sled. So if you bring your little hamster bike, you'll be forced to do 8 laps.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    Literally. From up north. What will you be spinning on?
    Mojo HD.
    See ya'll there if I can bail on work.

jdub will probably be there looking to dethrone me.

Totally, and to the max.
    Love to have you along, Paul. We'll be meeting right on the road. I'll bring some black spray paint for your frame. ;-)

NedwannaB

Why you.......

Join us if you bring your little hamster bike, you'll be forced to do 8 laps.
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

Medium?
    I so wish. Thanks for the invite.

mtbr member
    I might be able to make out to this.

Is this going to be a Nomad party?

NedwannaB

Get that roadie built FE

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    I so wish. Thanks for the invite.
    ....and BRINGIT!
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    in!

mtbr member
    K-max, I just noticed your picture thing next to your screen name. Funny story about that. I grew up in Saratoga and most of the numbers there start with 867. I used to love that Tommy Two Tone song and my sister and I called it all the time when the song came out. Little did we know that we were calling a house not even a mile away that belonged to a family named the Delgrands. This family used to or still owns Oak Tree Mazda and maybe a few Volkswagen dealers. Their number changed quickly after that. Back in those days, the "Bell" telephone guys would have to come out and actually change the wires inside the box on the street. What a pain in the rear! I can't imagine how many calls they got and how thrilled they were when it came out!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think Ill make it over there on the SS. Woot Woot. Been a while since I got to do a good group ride.

Chris

MTB skillz = NADA
    Really don't like you guys right now....I wanna hit Demo bad, but no way I can get off of work on a Friday, especially this time of year.

Someone post the ride stats when you get back. Demo is on my to do list.
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

mtbr member
    I'm in for sure now!

Totally, and to the max.
    I know there's a few of you sitting there pondering the use of your sickcard so you can go ride tomorrow. If so, I encourage you to pull that sucker out! This perfect weather isn't gonna last forever. It is still winter, you know. 10 am. Be there.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    I am flying solo with 2 kids for three days so I'm out. Conditions are beyond good right now.

fc

NedwannaB

I'm pondering all right

I know there's a few of you sitting there pondering the use of your sickcard so you can go ride tomorrow. If so, I encourage you to pull that sucker out! This perfect weather isn't gonna last forever. It is still winter, you know. 10 am. Be there.
    Pondering how much traffic I'll encounter getting there......and back.
    Probably rolling in right under the wire before 10. If I Don't see you I'll head up. I take it Cousack is to be diverted?
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

Totally, and to the max.
    Borrow a convertible and enjoy the sun while you're stuck in traffic. We'll hang out for bit in case you're behind schedule. Cussacks should be good to go. See you manana!

RJG
    mtbr member
    OK. I'm in . I'm a self employed lurker that can't commit to anything. K-max's last rally call sucked me in. I'm riding a blue Chumba XCL and I'll find you guys on Highland (assuming that anyone parked there is going to be there for this ride). The conditions are too good to pass up right now considering we are having March in January.
    RJ

Totally, and to the max.
    Yessss. It's like fishing. When nothing bites, switch lures. See you tomorrow, RJ. Self employment rules...

bike dork extraordinaire
    I'm 90% in. Just need to wait until morning to make sure I have the day free. Looks like a good size group!

NedwannaB

I'm out

RSVP
    PM sent. Don't wait on me to roll. Seems like conditions shouldn't be missed too. Ughh
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

MTB skillz = NADA
    Ride Stats?
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

NedwannaB

No stats

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard Pirate
    Ride Stats?
    Beer consumption was extended til 5........
    Marin Hawk Hill ll

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard Pirate
    Ride Stats?
    16 miles
    3000' climbing
    12 riders
    1 handsaw
    1 big tree removed on Corral
    1 flat
    no broken bikes
    no broken bones
    loads of fun

Uncle
    What D-bug said

mtbr member
    Lots of carnage though from clearing out that tree! XD

mtbr member
    Fun ride today for sure! I had a camera out there but unfortunately, it must have been on a funky setting because they are all blurry. The slacker theme applied to most even though some of us have different definitions of the word . I really enjoyed meeting most of you for the first time and shedding some blood clearing the tree on Corral. I still having a hard time believing that it is "winter" and we had a day like today to ride the heck out of that place. Sorry I couldn't stay for the beer and food which I am sure was well worth the effort! Hope to ride again. My legs look like I got cained in Singapore for chewing gum.

Master of '80s BMX tricks
    Fun ride today for sure! I had a camera out there but unfortunately, it must have been on a funky setting because they are all blurry.
    take video. I've had better luck getting video in dense forests than pictures. it's harder to miss the shot too. I still need to look at what i got so stay tuned...

The slacker theme applied to most even though some of us have different definitions of the word .
    Demo kicked my ass! partly because i ride there maybe 2-3 times a year, partly cardio (rule #1) showing up there on a Friday and practically having demo all to ourselves was a rare treat for me. i don't think I've been down there when there was less than 15 cars parked at the gate!
    I really enjoyed meeting most of you for the first time and shedding some blood clearing the tree on Corral. I still having a hard time believing that it is "winter" and we had a day like today to ride the heck out of that place. Sorry I couldn't stay for the beer and food which I am sure was well worth the effort! Hope to ride again. My legs look like I got cained in Singapore for chewing gum.
    Likewise, it was good to see friends and familiar faces from other South bay rides and get the life and family updates.
    That little low-speed ejection at that log drop cost me a set of handlebars (+1 for Titec indestructible bar-ends though) cheaper than a faceplant i guess.

Master of '80s BMX tricks
    Here's the whole 30 seconds of worthwhile video that i shot, in 3 parts. was having camera difficulties of my own. hope you enjoy.

mtbr member
    So how certain were we all with the no Poison Oak around/on that down tree?

Cause I have these three small strips of PO on my calf......

mtbr member
    I am a poison oak expert and I didn't see any at all. Maybe it was from the hiking portion of the ride? I didn't get any and if there is some around, it will find me.

Members who have read this thread: 0