Fort Ord Night Ride - Sept 25th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fort Ord Night Ride - Sept 25th

You're Invited...
    On September 25th, 2010 from 6pm to 9:30pm MORCA is hosting Light & Motion and Bobcat Bicycles for a

Night Riding Kick-off Event.

There will be lots of lights to test, Deals to purchase L&M Lights from Bobcat Bicycles on the spot! Demo rides to test the lights and more!

Please share this information with your cycling friends who would enjoy a fun evening
    BBQ
    and a Night Mountain Bike Ride event, Sept 25, with Light & Motion demo lights and discounts via BobCat Bicycles. Easy and more challenging guided rides available on set courses. Have fun and meet fellow night riders!

Permitted by BLM with staging site DEEP within Fort Ord. $5.00 required by BLM + 50-cent Paypal fee).
    $5.50

www.morcamtb.org

mtbr member
    Jim,
    Will I get a ticket for riding in Ft Ord that night if don't ride with you guys?
    Ft. Ord is still open until a few minutes after sunset right? I will be out around sunset. So if I get stopped and not on the MORCA "route" or have my "appoved waiver" signed off will Tammy and Co. be issuing tickets? Just checking.

mtbr member
    Hi LA,

Good question. As you know, Ft Ord is open from one 1/2 hour before sunrise until one 1/2 hour after sunset. So, no ticket there. The agreement between BLM/FORA and MORCA calls for supported night mountain biking after the normal Ft Ord hours on prescribed trails and as one cohesive group of riders with leaders and a sweep. The reasons, as I understand it, include the fact that certain animals (some endangered) are nocturnal and the trails opened to night riding are not in those animals habitat.

Now, that's my understanding. I'm sure there are those more knowledgeable than me who can provide more in-depth and cohesive answers to your question. Once again, good question.

member member

No good

Quote Originally Posted by ladodgers
    Jim,
    Will I get a ticket for riding in Ft Ord that night if don't ride with you guys?
    Ft. Ord is still open until a few minutes after sunset right? I will be out around sunset. So if I get stopped and not on the MORCA "route" or have my "appoved waiver" signed off will Tammy and Co. be issuing tickets? Just checking.

Wow. the time hasn't even changed and MORCA is already reminding us all how awesome they are. Permit Schmermit. Lame-

mtbr member
    ---
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    With the new season of night riding upon us, I think this is a good time to demo Light & Motion to see if their upgrades are worth the purchase! There will be a 10% discount to those that attend.

Members who have read this thread: 0