Folsom Lake for free?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Folsom Lake for free?

Is there a secret entrance to Beals Point at Folsom Lake that avoids the entrance fee?

I would like to explore that part of folsom lake on my trials bike. I would also like to be a cheap bastard and not pay 5 dollars for some rocks that may or may not be there based on a co-workers crummy description. I see that the A.R.P. ends (or starts?) there but my trials bike has a really dinky gear and pedaling long distances is a big inconvenience. So 2 miles or less away. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

From Folsom...

go left at the Beals Point light, you may be able to park a couple blocks away in the neighborhood if the are not any "no parking signs." Likely, there are though.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001

Or,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    go left at the Beals Point light, you may be able to park a couple blocks away in the neighborhood if the are not any "no parking signs." Likely, there are though.
    You can drive past Beales Point Park at Cavett Jr. High, Access the Levee Trail from there and explore BACK toward Beales, Done that a few times and found a few bits of LEGAL singletrack too boot.

Enjoy.

OLE!
    Aaron G.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member

Start at...

Twin Rocks Rd off Auburn Folsom. Enjoy the single track south to Beals OR north to wherever.

Enjoy,

JPS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So headed out there Wednesday evening. I had convinced myself that I would pay the 5 dollars for my first visit there, and then scout some of your parking suggestions for my subsequent trips. They wanted SEVEN DOLLARS to get in! What a rip! Needless to say I turned right around at the gate.
    I looked at the neighborhood directly across the Beals Point entrance, and there were a lot of no parking signs pretty deep into it. I drove down Auburn Folsom about a hundred yards to the next neighborhood street and was able to park there.

Why didn't any of you tell me about all the rocks at Beals Point? That is a trials paradise. I'm going to be riding there a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai
    Is there a secret entrance to Beals Point at Folsom Lake that avoids the entrance fee?

I would like to explore that part of folsom lake on my trials bike. I would also like to be a cheap bastard and not pay 5 dollars for some rocks that may or may not be there based on a co-workers crummy description. I see that the A.R.P. ends (or starts?) there but my trials bike has a really dinky gear and pedaling long distances is a big inconvenience. So 2 miles or less away. Thanks!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001

Must have gone up on July 1st....

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai
    So headed out there Wednesday evening. I had convinced myself that I would pay the 5 dollars for my first visit there, and then scout some of your parking suggestions for my subsequent trips. They wanted SEVEN DOLLARS to get in! What a rip! Needless to say I turned right around at the gate.
    I looked at the neighborhood directly across the Beals Point entrance, and there were a lot of no parking signs pretty deep into it. I drove down Auburn Folsom about a hundred yards to the next neighborhood street and was able to park there.

Why didn't any of you tell me about all the rocks at Beals Point? That is a trials paradise. I'm going to be riding there a lot.

They raised the entrance fee last year on July 1st as well. The whole start of the Fiscal year thing.

There's lot's of rocks to play on at Granite Bay as well. Just up the road off of Douglas Blvd.
    Enjoy.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."