Folsom Lake - Dike 8 parking?- Mtbr.com
    Air Pirate

Folsom Lake - Dike 8 parking?

I want to go out to ride the Dike 8 trails, but I understand the dirt lot near the trailhead is closed, being used by the construction company doing the work out there on the dam.

Where do you park to ride here? I have a State Parks parking pass...is it best to park at Folsom Point and ride over the top of the wing-dam? Is there still access to the trailhead from Folsom Point? I thought I saw cars parked across Green Valley Road near the trailhead, on Sophia Pkwy. Is that an option?
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

fRIDEday makes me happy!
    Sophia Parkway is where many people are parking. I generally park on the other side of the dam (browns ravine?) then ride across to the trail. Cheers!

mtbr member
    sophia works. Alot of people just park at the valero gas station / purple place.

buy something if you feel guilty.

have fun!

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by James.Hamilton View Post
    Sophia Parkway is where many people are parking. I generally park on the other side of the dam (browns ravine?) then ride across to the trail. Cheers!
    If the other side of the dam you mean in the park where you enter off of Natoma Street, that would be Folsom Point. Browns Ravine is at the other end of the trail, where the marina is located. So you still can ride over the top of the dam? Cool. Will probably do that.

Thanks guys!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

fRIDEday makes me happy!
    Oops you are correct. I thought I wasn't naming them correctly. Yes if you have a park pass you can enter at Folsom Point and park at the lot right at the trail gate, I have done it many times. My only problem is remembering to put the pass in my window before I start riding away

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    sophia works. Alot of people just park at the valero gas station / purple place.
    have fun!
    I got a nasty letter on my car when i parked there about a year ago. It wasn't hand written so i assume they handed out a lot of them

mtbr member
    Park at the Taco Bell at the intesection of Natomas and Green Valley. IIRC, there is a closed store front there, so nobody can really complain about people taking up parking spots
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Members who have read this thread: 0