• 08-01-2011
    GuruAtma
    Floyd Landis to race NASCAR
  • 08-01-2011
    Moe Ped
    a marriage made in heaven
    Floyd was once my hero...

(when I hear the saying "too good to be true" I see his image)

He'll be a good fit at NASCAR:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/9997137

If Michael Vick can find redemption (and big $$$ sponsors) then so too should Landis.
  • 08-01-2011
    dth656
    what? no one from F1 or WRC came calling?
  • 08-01-2011
    EBrider
    Pretty funny. Hope it works out for him.

Obviously Floyd has made more bad decisions over a 4 year period than most people would make in several lifetimes, but he is a pretty approachable down to earth guy. Would much rather sit down and have a beer with him, than other famous cyclists. I ended up riding with him for about 20 minutes last year and had a pretty good conversation. Kind of changed my opinion.
  • 08-01-2011
    Berkeley Mike
    I can't deny that it is easy to take shots at him.

I still admire so much of what he has done and he has inspired at times.
  • 08-01-2011
    Bernhardt
    I guess NASCAR racing is the "in" thing to do among the celebrity types. Like most of them, nothing more than a couple of races will come of it. Call me a little jaded, but I would be more inclined believe he was serious about racing if he were to sign up with a road racing circuit.
  • 08-01-2011
    bdamschen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pliebenberg View Post
    He'll be a good fit at NASCAR:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/9997137

I have nothing else to add other than that article had lots of accusations and very little facts to back it up. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, only that the article is very poorly written.
  • 08-01-2011
    lassiar
    So itís okay to enhance the performance of a carís motor but not a bicycle?
  • 08-02-2011
    redmr2_man
    lol'd.

looks like he's been drinkin tall cans and no more biking...
  • 08-02-2011
    mikeb
    more power to him.
  • 08-02-2011
    Brewtality
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post
    Call me a little jaded, but I would be more inclined believe he was serious about racing if he were to sign up with a road racing circuit.

If you actually watched the video, you would know his first racing goal is to compete in the Rolex Sports Car Series;)
  • 08-02-2011
    Internal14
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    lol'd.

looks like he's been drinkin tall cans and no more biking...

"get in where you fit in, fool":thumbsup:

Go get `em FLandis!
  • 08-02-2011
    nickelbolt
    I didn't like NASCAR until I saw this video:
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J74y88YuSJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shake and Bake, Floyd!
  • 08-02-2011
    DrWheels
    Whatever. The way Floyd and his legal team treated Lemond (who's got his own issues but didn't deserve that) showed a complete lack of class. Let him and Tyler and the rest of them do whatever the hell they want as long as it's got nothing to do with cycling.
  • 08-02-2011
    boomn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DrWheels View Post
    Let him and Tyler and the rest of them do whatever the hell they want as long as it's got nothing to do with cycling.

I don't know, I wonder if forcing Floyd to do a bunch of races and even giving him time to train wouldn't be worth it to show him and the rest of the world how much he sucks without doping. Sometimes humiliation is the best medicine
  • 08-02-2011
    zon
    I wonder if he will be using prohibited additives in his cars fuel??

• 08-02-2011
    Brewtality
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zon View Post
    I wonder if he will be using prohibited additives in his cars fuel??

And when he gets caught doing that, lie about it, raise a bunch of money for a legal defense fund, then come clean and point the finger back at all his team mates, saying they were all doing it too, oh ya and make a bunch of money on a tell all book:rolleyes:
  • 08-02-2011
    nostrangertodanger
    get this I use to run up the 74 in cali everyday for wrk and would see floyd rid'n and dr'vn up to Idy. 1 day knew his car was infrnt of me (he hauls ass up the road vw 8 cyl.)... but at top rite before town hitz ice patch and I could almost see him sh***** :imself.
  • 08-02-2011
    Bernhardt
    I did...sorta. I wasn't paying too much attention too it, as I got distracted doing something else. That the Nationwide series isn't stop 1 is a sign of interest beyond publicity. Gotta wonder how long before the Nascar rules/politics push him over the edge, as they make about as much sense as the UCI's.