Fiske Creek to Blue Ridge loop rehab update.- Mtbr.com
    Spin-stabilized

Fiske Creek to Blue Ridge loop rehab update.

So, I just finished clearing the severely overgrown western leg of this adventure loop. Took me nearly 2 years of slowly chipping away at it. This summer, I stepped up efforts and got 'er finally done!
    The chaparral overgrowth on the eastern leg of the loop on Blue Ridge trail itself still needs to be dealt with but that should be easier.
    So, what now? It would be good to get traffic going up there to help keep the route open. I promised my wife no more trail work for a while as I've pretty much dedicated this past summer to this trail. Also, it is quite a commitment to hit the ridge trail overgrowth solo as it is 8 miles in. This translates to a full day of riding and working. It would be horribly inefficient (but might ultimately be necessary) to take solo missions from here on in. Ideally, I'd try to recruit a handful of riders to bang out the remaining work in one trip. I've attached a map. What remains to be done is knocking back some chamise and buckbrush on the southern end of Blue Ridge, area of concern denoted by yellow dots on the map. I need some recruits. BKXC and MtBing Adventures did some clearing on the north end 2 winters ago after I had done a little bit of clearing and tread work on the downhill off Fiske Peak.
    This loop is going to be so sweet when it all comes together. But yes, go out there and check it out and let me know if you want a tour (bring loppers and saws). Like I said, the creek trail is ready to ride and makes the loop so much easier to bang out now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Very nice! Need to get back there soon...

More Torque
    Props for the tenacity!

Sent via mobile

mtbr member
    If all of us mountain bikers had 1/10th of your dedication to trail work we would live in a pretty amazing place. We'll get back out there next month!

And it was just last year! December 20, 2018, I've got the Strava to prove it.

mtb'er
    Bravo on your dedication (and trail adoption)! Is this best to ride counter-clockwise?

mtbr member
    Going to hike out from the low water bridge to the South side tomorrow with a buddy with saws and loppers. I can't ride yet with the shoulder rehab underway, but I can cut with my left hand. We'll do some damage I promise I'll report how far we get.
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

mtbr member
    I made a quick GPX file of the complete loop using bailouts and Tuleyome's GPXs. Easy to add to your Trailforks Wishlist or whatever program you're using. It's not a "live" GPX so just be aware it might be slightly off.

Fiske Peak Complete Loop.gpx
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

Spin-stabilized
    Quote Originally Posted by roughster View Post
    Going to hike out from the low water bridge to the South side tomorrow with a buddy with saws and loppers. I can't ride yet with the shoulder rehab underway, but I can cut with my left hand. We'll do some damage I promise I'll report how far we get.
    I'd say, there's not much left to lop off on Fiske Creek. Maybe a few face grabbers after the penultimate big creek crossing. The southern Blue Ridge trailhead could use some love though, if you make it that far.

Spin-stabilized
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    Bravo on your dedication (and trail adoption)! Is this best to ride counter-clockwise?
    Thanks! Counter-clockwise would be how I would do it. Otherwise, you'll miss out on the best part which is the descent from Fiske Peak to Cache Creek.

Spin-stabilized
    Quote Originally Posted by BKXC View Post
    If all of us mountain bikers had 1/10th of your dedication to trail work we would live in a pretty amazing place. We'll get back out there next month!

And it was just last year! December 20, 2018, I've got the Strava to prove it.
    Thanks, man! Loop me in!

mtbr member
    Yeah we plan on working down the “East” side to the southern parking lot based upon your yellow dots above.
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

Spin-stabilized
    Yeah we plan on working down the “East” side to the southern parking lot based upon your yellow dots above.
    Excellent! Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Bummer, my buddy just bailed and not sure if it’s a good idea to go solo when I am recovering from my broken collarbone. Just going to dig local today, but look forward to hopefully getting out there soon to pitch in on the work!
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

Spin-stabilized
    Bummer, my buddy just bailed and not sure if it’s a good idea to go solo when I am recovering from my broken collarbone. Just going to dig local today, but look forward to hopefully getting out there soon to pitch in on the work!
    Take it easy, man. Still lots of good weather ahead to get out there.