Easterner Rides Annadel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Easterner Rides Annadel

I was staying across the street from Annadel for a couple of days last week and got a chance to ride the area. This was my first NorCal mtn biking experience. This place really rocked! The main trails were well marked so navigating around was pretty staright forward. There was a nice mix of fire road and single track.

The Burma trail and stuff off of the Marsh trail were memorable. I was suprised at the lack of roots, mud and briars on the single track. Since I was riding mid week I think there were more deer than mtn bikers out. The other bikers I saw were friendly, but I'm sure that changes when the crowds come on the weekend.

You locals have a great place for riding, thanks for sharing it with me!

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman
    The other bikers I saw were friendly, but I'm sure that changes when the crowds come on the weekend.
    No it does not. Even the horsey riders are friendly, strange as it may seem. Great place that.

Mar 2004
    Actually, I usually ride weekends and people are generally very friendly. It's not like Marin County at all Marsh and Burma are great trails. Too bad it's so hot this week. Bleach!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Good to hear Annadel is friendly on the weekends too! Judging from the amount of horse turds on the trails it must be an area the horsey set enjoys too. It is great that people get along. The long up hill climbs in Annadel must be tough in hot weather.

Mar 2004
    Yeah I ride early mornings during the summer. You can also ride early evening because it generally get's pretty cool during the evenings. Pack you 100oz camelback, though. Better save than sorry. Also, if you ride up to the marsh, you don't see as many people, horses etc. Most people do the loop around the lake.