Downieville trails lookin good- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Downieville trails lookin good

The Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship is preparing for the first Mountain Epic of the year, May 13th in the North Yuba River canyon. North Yuba, Halls Ranch and Fiddle Creek Ridge trails have all received extensive tread work and are ready to be ridden. www.sierratrails.org for more info. Also, 28 people showed for the Trail Daze work day on April 29. 180 hours were spent on 3rd Divide, with the focus being on installing drainage, off-sloping tread, and sectional reroutes to decrease grade. The Divide loop is now snow-free and in riding sweet. After the trail work, a trailhead sign dedication and beer drinking took place on the 1st Divide, where we toasted Cap'm at Sac Brew for his continuous support of the Downieville trail system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Nce

Quote Originally Posted by yuba man
    The Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship is preparing for the first Mountain Epic of the year, May 13th in the North Yuba River canyon. North Yuba, Halls Ranch and Fiddle Creek Ridge trails have all received extensive tread work and are ready to be ridden. www.sierratrails.org for more info. Also, 28 people showed for the Trail Daze work day on April 29. 180 hours were spent on 3rd Divide, with the focus being on installing drainage, off-sloping tread, and sectional reroutes to decrease grade. The Divide loop is now snow-free and in riding sweet. After the trail work, a trailhead sign dedication and beer drinking took place on the 1st Divide, where we toasted Cap'm at Sac Brew for his continuous support of the Downieville trail system.
    Thanks guys, it's efforts like this that make it all possible I look forward to giving the trail a spin later this year.

Old man on a bike
    I submitted a norcal calendar listing request last week but I don't see it on the calendar yet; maybe it's still in the moderator's queue or something. See ya there in any case....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr dismember

Do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    I submitted a norcal calendar listing request last week but I don't see it on the calendar yet; maybe it's still in the moderator's queue or something. See ya there in any case....
    You are supposed to add things to the calender yourself. See the "Add New Event" options.

Old man on a bike
    I went that route and as I submitted it there was a message that it needed to be approved by a moderator before it would appear...that not supposed to happen?
    suum quique

Caca pasa

Wow.

You guys fookin' rawk!

Good ol' Cap'm comes thru once again, bless his heart.

Thanks mucho.

fp
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Right on! Thanks for the hard work! Looking forward to lots of D'ville this year!

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Is Packer Saddle and Paulie free of snow yet?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Packer Saddle has a ways to go. Deep snow up high. Check with YubaExpeditions.com for updates.

Totally, and to the max.
    Excellent work! Getting Downieville rideable is right up there on the noble work scale with rescuing a puppy from a burning building. Props to all of you who have put in time and energy for the upcoming season. My tires are jonesing for some D-ville dirt!

Old man on a bike

Paging moderator

Well I tried and put it on the calendar again and again I got a message that it won't appear til a moderator approves...whassup with that? For those of you unable to make the epic or trail daze, please at least support everyone's efforts by becoming a member of the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship or become a member and come on up!
    suum quique

I dig trails!
    A huge thanks to all that helped work the trails! We really do think about it when we ride a sweet trail. And that is one of the crown jewels.

Mr. P

Members who have read this thread: 0