Are Downieville Shuttles Running Already?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Are Downieville Shuttles Running Already?

I saw a post that said they did trail work and some of the trails are open. I'm wondering if the shops up there are already in business running shuttles. I wonder too if they'll be upping their prices with the recent gas price increase.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr dismember

Go to the source

Quote Originally Posted by myitch
    I saw a post that said they did trail work and some of the trails are open. I'm wondering if the shops up there are already in business running shuttles.
    Looks like no.

http://www.downievilleoutfitters.com/

http://www.yubaexpeditions.com/

smw
    pedal pusher
    I saw a post that said they did trail work and some of the trails are open. I'm wondering if the shops up there are already in business running shuttles. I wonder too if they'll be upping their prices with the recent gas price increase.

Seems they are expecting mid-june for shuttles, and the MTBR ride on June 24th was also mentioned.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

just another bleepin SSer
    First time I went to Downieville was the mid-90's on a July 4th weekend. Packer's Saddle (the drop off point) was still covered with 5-6 feet of snow that year. I believe on other years the higher altitude trails have been open by July 4th, but given the extra moisture we had this year, I would expect it to be after July 4.

That doesn't mean there isn't riding there. North Yuba Trail and Bullards Bar should be open just about year round.
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Looks like the 10th is the day to go.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Looks like the 10th is the day to go.

Yep, the 10th of every month they are giving $10 shuttle rides.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

mtbr member

There is a....

Quote Originally Posted by singlespeed.org
    First time I went to Downieville was the mid-90's on a July 4th weekend. Packer's Saddle (the drop off point) was still covered with 5-6 feet of snow that year. I believe on other years the higher altitude trails have been open by July 4th, but given the extra moisture we had this year, I would expect it to be after July 4.

That doesn't mean there isn't riding there. North Yuba Trail and Bullards Bar should be open just about year round.
    Sierra Trail Stewrdship ride this weekend on N. Yuba...the dreaded Halls Ranch and fiddle creek....I think it's on Saturday.
    :p

Mtb Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    Sierra Trail Stewrdship ride this weekend on N. Yuba...the dreaded Halls Ranch and fiddle creek....I think it's on Saturday.
    It was on Saturday and we had a great time. Up North Yuba to Goodyears' Bar, down 49 to Halls Ranch trailhead where the Stewardship provided lunch and liquid refreshments, then it was up, up, up, up to the top of the ridge on Hall's Ranch. Then the fun started on the singletrack descent on Fiddle Creek trail. (O.K., so there were few more little climbs before it was all over.) I'd forgotten all about the initial 2-mile climb by the time we reached Indian Valley campground where Stewardship volunteers were waiting with ice cold beverages. My favorite was the IPA from Sac Brew.

The Stewardship also arranged for a bluegrass band and rockin' BBQ at the Indian Valley store.

We'll get some pictures up before long.

Oh, as for shuttles, yes it will probably be around mid-June before they can make it to the top of Packer Saddle. Unless the county would be so kind as to plow the road before that.
    Support Lakes Basin and Downieville Trails:

Members who have read this thread: 0