• 02-01-2005
    wolfy
    Dogs on the Folsom area trails?
    Dudes,

I might come over from Reno this weekend to ride one of the trails around Folsom lake, like maybe Salmon creek or Foresthill divide or both. What's the general atitude towards well behaved and obedient trail dogs there?

Thanks
  • 02-01-2005
    Trail Punk
    This is gonna get me flamed.
    The trails are built and maintained for use by people. Not dogs, cats, or goldfish.

Besides, a dog caught in my chainrings is gonna be a real unhappy dog.
  • 02-01-2005
    wolfy
    thanks man
    that was super helpful
  • 02-01-2005
    williamf777
    I like dogs. But I think that those trails are too popular and there will be too many haters.
  • 02-02-2005
    lamoile
    Not 2 B hatin' but...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamf777
    I like dogs. But I think that those trails are too popular and there will be too many haters.

Salmon Falls is way, way busy on nice weekends...
  • 02-02-2005
    JFR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy
    Dudes,

I might come over from Reno this weekend to ride one of the trails around Folsom lake, like maybe Salmon creek or Foresthill divide or both. What's the general atitude towards well behaved and obedient trail dogs there?

Thanks

If your dogs good around horses, you might try Cool (up 49, not far from Aurburn). It's a multi-use rec area and the trails there are a little better suited for riding with animals.

People are getting cabin fever, the good weather will bring em out in droves. I wouldn't try riding with my dog on any of the usual/popular trails... like Salmon Falls or virtually any of Auburn.
  • 02-02-2005
    wolfy
    thanks
    She's super well behaved, if agressivly affectionate. The problem is if I come home smelling like MTB I might get mauled. Maybe I could try rolling in horse crap to mask the scent...