Ditch work early and ride Skeggs tomorrow (8/22)- Mtbr.com
    Blanco
    Nov 2004

Ditch work early and ride Skeggs tomorrow (8/22)

4PM at the big lot, plus or minus.

Planning on a reasonably long ride: probably Fir -> Reso -> ECdM -> N Leaf -> Methuselah -> Manzanita -> Crossover -> Gordon Mill -> Sierra Morena. Bring a light if you have one, just in case.

Post or PM if you think you can make it.

mtbr member
    Guess people would prefer to work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballo
    4PM at the big lot, plus or minus.

Planning on a reasonably long ride: probably Fir -> Reso -> ECdM -> N Leaf -> Methuselah -> Manzanita -> Crossover -> Gordon Mill -> Sierra Morena. Bring a light if you have one, just in case.

Post or PM if you think you can make it.
    Wish I could ditch work early, that's my favorite loop at Skeggs. In fact, I'll probably be doing that route tomorrow, and add Blue blossom at the end.

Yet
    Ack!
    I did that loop last Sunday, and 4pm is pretty darn early. I could probably do 5pm
    Virtue is its own punishment

Blanco
    Nov 2004
    Since no one spoke up, I rolled in late and started solo with the expected big loop. Upon returning to CM02, I met up with reklar + 1, who were just arriving, and followed them on a Blue Blossom lap, then back up Crossover, Crosscut, and Manzanita.

It was getting a bit late, but I couldn't resist following them down Fir -> Resolution -- again. They decided to do the big loop out to North Leaf, which I had already done, so I bailed and started up ECdM.

Since it was a long, long time since I rode that trail, I forgot it was down in a very dark hole. I was surrounded by very tall old trees, fickle, waning light, and even a little bit of fog creeping up from the marine layer. It was beautiful, mysterious, even a bit creepy, and I was conscious of being very, very alone in the rapidly falling darkness. And then the fire road climb out began, and I was just hoping to make it out while there were still a few stray photons hitting my retinas.

Unintentional Skeggs Epic:

CM02 -> Fir -> Resolution -> ECdM -> N Leaf -> Methuselah -> connector -> Fir -> Sierra Morena -> CM02 -> SM -> road -> Blue Blossom -> Springboard -> Crossover -> Crosscut -> Timberview -> up Manzanita -> Fir -> Reso -> ECdM -> road (couldn't see s### by this point) -> CM02

reklar: hope you two made it out, it was seriously dark by the time I left and your car was still there.

Devil Mtn
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballo
    reklar: hope you two made it out, it was seriously dark by the time I left and your car was still there.
    Yup, we made it. More on this in passion later.

Members who have read this thread: 0