DH shuttle at Mission Peak- Mtbr.com
    Paper or plastic?

DH shuttle at Mission Peak

Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Interesting idea. They need to include addition of some single tracks in this proposals. Then you get my vote.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Biker
    They need to include addition of some single tracks in this proposals. Then you get my vote.
    Exactly. The existing fire roads (which are the only bike-legal options, if you don't count the brief singletrack stretch of Peak Trail on the northern side) are hardly worthy of being shuttled for...
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Maybe MidPen can use the fines collected from speeding bikers to build one to the top of Mount Umunhum, which is at 3486 feet much taller than Mission Peak's 2517.
    If they build some downhill runs with berms and jumps, like livewire, then this would make Fremont a popular destination for mountain bikers.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Maybe MidPen can use the fines collected from speeding bikers to build one to the top of Mount Umunhum, which is at 3486 feet much taller than Mission Peak's 2517.
    If they build some downhill runs with berms and jumps, like livewire, then this would make Fremont a popular destination for mountain bikers.
    I could go for that.
    *Washington, Kaiser, and PAMF are right there so that would take care of liabilities and response times.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    I could go for that.
    *Washington, Kaiser, and PAMF are right there so that would take care of liabilities and response times.
    Local hospitals could sponsor the shuttle.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

padded
    Dang, l'd even pedal up if the ride down were worth it. Today it's definitely not worth the effort, even though it's practically in my back yard. The odds of getting to build anything decent there are vanishingly small.
    That said, the tram idea isn't the dumbest thing I've heard, although I do have a hard time seeing how MSJ would see any real benefit since it's at least 2 hilly, exposed miles from Stanford Rd to the MSJ district. It's less of a boondoggle than the Oakland BART extension that the county wants to spend $200m on.
    Last edited by DrWheels; 09-08-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Members who have read this thread: 0