Demos Bay Area - Trek and Specialized- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Demos Bay Area - Trek and Specialized

Anyone recommend a bike shop that demos both Trek and Specialized? I found an LBS that sells both but doesn't demo. I'm expecting to pay for the demo and be able to apply that fee to the purchase of a new bike. Specifically I'm looking to demo:

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29er (want to see what the whole 29er thing is all about)
    Trek Remedy - My current first choice as long as I don't fall for the whole 29er deal.
    Trek Rumblefish - Only if I like the Stumpjumper for comparison.

I'm not too picky as to where in the bay area as long as there is some decent riding near by.

The other option is that Trek has a demo day in the Sacramento area in January, I don't know how hard it is to get on a bike for those or the quality of the trails. Hopefully I'd get to ride the Remedy and Stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Located in San Jose, I will be checking them out too.

trailheadcyclery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=17&Itemid=154]Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2010
    trailhead doesnt carry trek.

I like mtn biking, too
    Passion trail bikes in Belmont demo's Specialized, but I don't know who demo's Trek. You may have to go to two different places.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Summit Bikes demos Trek. They have two locations.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

We have both Trek and Specialized in the South Bay

We have both brands but not all the bikes you're looking to demo. How tall are you?

We have a Stumpjumper 29 FSR demo and a Trek Superfly 100 demo. We also have the Trek Fuel EX for demo. Unfortunately, both the Fuel EX and Superfly 100 are a category down from the Rumblefish and Remedy you were looking at. They may still be worth your time to try.

James
    Calmar Bicycles
    Santa Clara, CA
    calmarcycles.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmar View Post
    We have both brands but not all the bikes you're looking to demo. How tall are you?

We have a Stumpjumper 29 FSR demo and a Trek Superfly 100 demo. We also have the Trek Fuel EX for demo. Unfortunately, both the Fuel EX and Superfly 100 are a category down from the Rumblefish and Remedy you were looking at. They may still be worth your time to try.

James
    Calmar Bicycles
    Santa Clara, CA
    calmarcycles.com
    I'm 5'-9", the Fuel EX has the DRCV shock and fork which is something that I'd like to try out and compare to the Specialized suspension if it's even noticeable. I may be interested in the Stumpjumper 29 FSR, if I choose to go the 29 inch route I think this will be the bike and the Remedy for a 26" bike.

Do you stock the Remedy? I think the Fuel may give me a good enough feel for how the suspension behaves.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have demos in both the EX 8 (With DRCV) and Stumpjumper in your size . I don't have the Remedy in stock but it's easy to order. Call or PM us if you want to reserve either. 408-249-6907.