Demo slide passable on weekday?- Mtbr.com
    padded

New question here. Demo slide passable on weekday?

I can't ride this weekend so I'm thinking of playing hooky on Fri and going to Demo, but am wondering if I'll be able to get through the construction site at the slide on Highland. Has anyone else been to Demo on a weekday since they started the repairs at the slide?

Thanks!
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Capricious youth...
    Was out there a week and a 1/2 ago and the k-rail walls are still in place, totally non-passable by anything but a bicycle.

Plus, there's still a few tractors/diggers out there blocking some of the area.
    Meh.

padded
    thanks! I was thinking more about whether it's even possible to get by on a bike during the week. I've been almost every wkend for the last 2 mos and getting through by bike was fine, but I was thinking it might be another story during the week when the construction crews and vehicles are actually working there.
    Maybe I'll just go to Skeggs rather than chance it...

Capricious youth...
    Well, I can tell you this: Sawpit is in FANTASTIC condition.

Braille... not so much. And Ridge is trashed.
    Meh.

EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
    was out there yesterday - perfect conditions!

some branches on Ridge - Braille was nice and dry - Sawpit rocked!
    "Often life has many clouds, but they quickly pass"
    - Mark Pi Fortune Cookie

Weird huh?

to answer your question

Prolly not. The crews are out there during the week and on Wednesday, they weren't too keen on letting you walk by with a bicycle.

It's all in the timing. The 'crew' were a couple of guys in a county pickup truck who said I couldn't get by. I didn't even have a bike with me. I was in the area that afternoon and drove down to check on the construction.

Cheers

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle
    Prolly not. The crews are out there during the week and on Wednesday, they weren't too keen on letting you walk by with a bicycle.

It's all in the timing. The 'crew' were a couple of guys in a county pickup truck who said I couldn't get by. I didn't even have a bike with me. I was in the area that afternoon and drove down to check on the construction.

Cheers
    What would be your guess about whether they'll be working Tuesday or not and whether we'll be able to ride by?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

padded
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle
    Just what I needed to know - thanks! Rather than chance it, on Fri I ended up just going to Skeggs for the 1st time in 6 mos. Did the full outer loop, and Blue Blossom was so sweet I climbed up Springboard just so I could do it again. It was a great ride, and the new Leaf trail has really ridden in well - I definitely need to go there more so I can get the flow down.

Will probably do Demo the day before Thxgvg, hopefully the road crews will take off for the holiday early

Members who have read this thread: 0