Demo Conditions on Jan 3 and Lost Garmin GPSMAP 62st- Mtbr.com
    MarkyMark

Demo Conditions on Jan 3 and Lost Garmin GPSMAP 62st

Conditions at Demo were nearly perfect! There's a few down trees (some with ride-arounds, others you need to hike like on Aptos Creek Fireroad) and a lot of stray branches. Thanks for everyone that worked on maintaining the trails. Things are drying up so get out there and get it! It was about 40deg in the parking lot at 10am so come with layers.

Someone ran into the porta-potty and crunched it so it's out-of-service. Stop by the market on the way in or use the one at the bridge over the road.

Three of the four features at the intersection of Ridge and Tractor have been removed. It's only the log jump now.

My handheld GPS popped out of my backpack while having a lot of fun. I backtracked on a few trails and couldn't find it. It was a Garmin GPSMAP 62st tucked into a CamelBak cellphone velcro soft case. $$$ reward for return.

Slowest Rider
    Hope you find your GPS. I put my name and phone number on the startup screen along with a "$$$ REWARD $$$" comment.

I started out protecting my new GPSMAP60 Csx by putting it in the camelback in a soft case as you do. Then, only 3 days after buying it, I had a nice fall 30 feet down a steep bank, landing on my back and smashing all the buttons off (along with lots of damage to me and the bike). I was honest with Garmin and expected to pay the refurbish fee, but they liked my story so much, they repaired for free.

Epilog: Since then, I found the GPS most useful, and best protected, sitting on the handlebars. It can fly off on a crash, so I also put the included lanyard on it and wrap it once loosely around the handlebar as secondary attachment. It does sort of like a GPS bungee jump when it flies off a couple times a year. No damage or loss from all the trail vibrations and been using it for over 6 years now on the bar through all sorts of adventures and mishaps. And... I subsequently got a gravity dropper to prevent that type of fall from happening again (super steep trail, with big log obstacle, on the side of a steep ravine).

I hope a kind soul finds your GPS. Your name on it?
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

MarkyMark
    Those are great ideas! Unfortunately, I really don't recall if I put my name anywhere. It's registered to me so I guess I can email Garmin and perhaps they'll tell me if someone logs on with it.

There's an idea: a "find my phone"-like app for the GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    Hope you find your GPS. I put my name and phone number on the startup screen along with a "$$$ REWARD $$$" comment.
    I hope a kind soul finds your GPS. Your name on it?