Demo 2-Looper this Saturday, April 29- Mtbr.com
    Totally, and to the max.

Demo 2-Looper this Saturday, April 29

Let's do this. Saturday. 10 am. Upper lot (if you can get up there now). Down Braille, up Tractor, Down Sawpit. Fiesta afterward. Bring small tree saw if you have one, and give our playground some much need grooming.

Unrideable slop cancels, everything else is a go. Francis gives socks to biggest crash in mud.

What say you, fish tank?

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    Let's do this. Saturday. 10 am. Upper lot (if you can get up there now). Down Braille, up Tractor, Down Sawpit. Fiesta afterward. Bring small tree saw if you have one, and give our playground some much need grooming.

Unrideable slop cancels, everything else is a go. Francis gives socks to biggest crash in mud.

What say you, fish tank?

Sounds good, I'm in. Except for that climb tractor part. We're climbing sulphur pardner!

fc

smw
    pedal pusher

What say you, fish tank?

I think Tractor is not such a good idea right now. Braille is rideable, although a bit more technical then before. Sawpit is prime. Maybe ride back up Sulpher Springs instead of Tractor. Im in, but Ill be riding the Yeti. Lotsa rutts, rocks and roots from excessive run-off. I rode it on my SS this weekend and it beat the tar out of me. A little hand saw. ha, ya better bring a big chain saw. Over all its in pretty good shape. If I already had the Niner, Id give it a go. Yeti will be very happy getting to ride.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

mtbr member
    So the squishies are gonna get the dust knocked off of them? I will try to make it out there. Have a new fork that needs to get broken in.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Sounds good, I'm in. Except for that climb tractor part. We're climbing sulphur pardner!

fc

Francis, ya riding the big bike?

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Groveland Trail Heads

Did you all see

knobbyknees thread about Highland being closed because of a slide? If I am going to die on a mountain I want to be riding on that mountain not driving.... You will need to do it the hard way, ride up through Nisene. Or you could drive up there that way and miss the closed road section.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by scheckler
    knobbyknees thread about Highland being closed because of a slide? If I am going to die on a mountain I want to be riding on that mountain not driving.... You will need to do it the hard way, ride up through Nisene. Or you could drive up there that way and miss the closed road section.

Its down to one narrow lane but it was open this past weekend, quit trying to rain on our parade. You will be there right? Dont be trying to slither out of this one. Darn you, I just read it, then we drive around through Corralitas.

Sean

Go Sharks!

Totally, and to the max.
    No. I started to read the title but then immediately reached for a pencil and gouged my eyeballs out. So, cool. We'll *see* you Saturday.

Ariolimax columbianus

Can you

Quote Originally Posted by smw
    Its down to one narrow lane but it was open this past weekend, quit trying to rain on our parade. You will be there right? Dont be trying to slither out of this one. Darn you, I just read it, then we drive around through Corralitas.

Sean

Go Sharks!
    pick me up some Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages (mmmmmm) @ the Corralitos Market on your way up? Looks like you over da hillers are gonna have to drive up 129 to get to Demo, or 17,1, Freedom Blvd, Hames Rd, to Eureka Canyon. I think 152 (Hecker Pass) is still closed due to slides. More rain this week?

fc
    What kind of shape is that Aptos climb to demo in anyway?

fc

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    What kind of shape is that Aptos climb to demo in anyway?

fc
    It's in great condition. I'm gonna miss this. I'm going after abalone this weekend in Point Arena or I would ride up from Aptos. There is a 50' + slide past the mill, but it's only 10' up and 50' across and 10' down. Wednesday I'm meeting Tone and Charlie at 4pm to head up.

Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson
    pick me up some Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages (mmmmmm) @ the Corralitos Market on your way up? Looks like you over da hillers are gonna have to drive up 129 to get to Demo, or 17,1, Freedom Blvd, Hames Rd, to Eureka Canyon. I think 152 (Hecker Pass) is still closed due to slides. More rain this week?

Since I gotta drive all the way around, Ill stop by and pick up Dwight. Just to make sure he makes this ride.

Sean

jrm
    mtbr member

Getting there from I-880??????

Is it possible without to much backtracking? Is there a way to find out if highland is passable come this weekend..

Let's ride
    I'm there. 2 laps here we come.

Are people serious about having to drive through aptos, or can we really still get through on Highland?

aka dan51

What say you, fish tank?
    Damn, I can't make it. A friend is having his testicles replaced by a ball and chain on Saturday.
    Now that the weather is better, we begin wedding season.

-Dan

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    I'm there. 2 laps here we come.

Are people serious about having to drive through aptos, or can we really still get through on Highland?
    I've driven around Aptos, Corralitos to get to the demo parking from San Jose once. That's not going to happen again. It added about an hour each way.

Maybe we should just park in Aptos. 14 mile climb, then two laps

francois

smw
    pedal pusher
    I've driven around Aptos, Corralitos to get to the demo parking from San Jose once. That's not going to happen again. It added about an hour each way.

Maybe we should just park in Aptos. 14 mile climb, then two laps

francois

Whats that equate too, about 36 miles plus the 14 miles downhill to Aptos?
    Oh my. What ever is decided Im up for the pain I suppose.

Sean

Groveland Trail Heads

mmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by nativeson
    pick me up some Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages (mmmmmm) @ the Corralitos Market on your way up?
    jalapeno cheddar sausages.....drooling......

Groveland Trail Heads

Hey...

Since I gotta drive all the way around, Ill stop by and pick up Dwight. Just to make sure he makes this ride.

Sean
    did you think of asking me first? I really do not want to ride Demo for a while. I have been missing my "neighborhood" trails and I just want to ride from my house this weekend. Demo is not going anywhere and will only get better. Blame francois for posting how nice the trails are in that thread about trail conditions. I have been avoiding my own local trails for long enough...

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by scheckler
    did you think of asking me first? I really do not want to ride Demo for a while. I have been missing my "neighborhood" trails and I just want to ride from my house this weekend. Demo is not going anywhere and will only get better. Blame francois for posting how nice the trails are in that thread about trail conditions. I have been avoiding my own local trails for long enough...

I thought about it, but I knew you would say no, I figured kidnapping was a better option.

sean

Totally, and to the max.
    So the options are:

1. Send a scout out on Friday and see if we can drive through Highland Way. (slim chance but best circumstances. very fiesta-conducive.)
    2. Park at the beginning of Highland and ride in. (not very fiesta conducive, but the least amount of driving/backtracking.)
    3. Drive around through Corralitos. (Major PITA, but it gets us there.)
    4. Park at Nisene Marks, ride up. (longer ride, slightly longer drive, may or not be fiesta conducive.)
    5. Shine Demo altogether and ride UCSC. (equally fun, but man, i want to ride demo.)

Whattya think? Risk it or climb it?

smw
    pedal pusher
    So the options are:

1. Send a scout out on Friday and see if we can drive through Highland Way. (slim chance but best circumstances. very fiesta-conducive.)
    2. Park at the beginning of Highland and ride in. (not very fiesta conducive, but the least amount of driving/backtracking.)
    3. Drive around through Corralitos. (Major PITA, but it gets us there.)
    4. Park at Nisene Marks, ride up. (longer ride, slightly longer drive, may or not be fiesta conducive.)
    5. Shine Demo altogether and ride UCSC. (equally fun, but man, i want to ride demo.)

Whattya think? Risk it or climb it?

options 1 and 5 sound reasonable.

sean

jrm
    mtbr member

Yeah 1 and 5..

I agree. with highland out, it would be easier to just ride pogonip/UCSC

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    I agree. with highland out, it would be easier to just ride pogonip/UCSC

So whats the concensus here folks, are we heading to SC instead. Highland is not sounding to promising at this point. K-max, whats the plan?

Sean

fc
    So whats the concensus here folks, are we heading to SC instead. Highland is not sounding to promising at this point. K-max, whats the plan?

Sean

I would say UCSC!! I can lead the ride.

Demo is not a good deal with the road closed and unstable and no emergency access, etc. etc.

francois

smw
    pedal pusher
    I would say UCSC!! I can lead the ride.

Demo is not a good deal with the road closed and unstable and no emergency access, etc. etc.

francois

Im in, where and when? SCheckler, BlueShorts, you in?

Sean

Feb 2006

If you're not yet set on UCSC....

I will go check the road conditions on highland if need be, as I live in Santa Cruz, and I love that drive.

If you're set on UCSC, I'll not bother.

Either way I should be there for the ride, though I may not keep up very well.
    Not that I care, either place is a good way to spend a Saturday.

--Cheyenne

Totally, and to the max.
    Cheyenne, thanks for the offer. I think we're going to acknowledge the writing on the wall, though, and stay away for now. Not typically one to be an alarmist hand-wringer, but that road is in pretty bad shape, even if it were technically open. A month may make a big difference once the mountainside drains out, but until then, it is a bit on the dangerous side.

UCSC on the other hand, is easy access and equally fun. Join us. We'll be there at 10 am.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne
    I will go check the road conditions on highland if need be, as I live in Santa Cruz, and I love that drive.

If you're set on UCSC, I'll not bother.

Either way I should be there for the ride, though I may not keep up very well.
    Not that I care, either place is a good way to spend a Saturday.

--Cheyenne

UCSC at 10am, hwy 9 dirt lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0