mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Del Valle to Hamilton

I've looked in several places on the web and there doesn't seem to be any public way to ride the dirt roads south out of Del Valle Park on Del Valle Rd. Satellite images show that there is physically a way to do it, but I'm guessing they end up going through private property. Does anyone have any experience? I'm trying to find a way to ride dirt from the park south to near Mt Ham. Thanks.

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Lela's Dad View Post
    I've looked in several places on the web and there doesn't seem to be any public way to ride the dirt roads south out of Del Valle Park on Del Valle Rd. Satellite images show that there is physically a way to do it, but I'm guessing they end up going through private property. Does anyone have any experience? I'm trying to find a way to ride dirt from the park south to near Mt Ham. Thanks.
    Hey LD,
    Check out this recent thread.

https://forums.mtbr.com/california-n...p-1089572.html

Beautiful country out there.

-D

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lela's Dad View Post
    An important question:

Why?

My friend�s family (on both sides) own much of the land in the San Antonio Valley. I�ve four wheeled and ridden in the hills on the West side of the valley - they lie directly between Del Valle and Hamilton

Those ranch roads were cut in decades ago and the hills are steep. Like EBRPD steep fire roads on steroids.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Diesel, I saw that thread and it didn't provide me the clearest answer. And I'm coming at this from a different angle.
    Because of the why: I'm trying to string together a mix of bike and trek orienteering from place to place for friends and other crazies who dig on long and adventurous miles. I know I can get them from Del Valle to Hamilton via Mines, but that's a long way to be mountain biking on asphalt, so I was looking into other ways to get from park area to park area. It's an informal event, and I prefer to lead people through public and open lands.
    Thanks for your inputs so far guys. I really appreciate the discussion.
    Last edited by Lela's Dad; 1 Week Ago at 12:59 AM.