Decisions, decisions,,,

Printable View

• 05-04-2006
    zon
    Decisions, decisions,,,
    Ok, so there are 2 races coming up here in a couple of weeks. The Pine Nut Cracker in Gardnerville NV on the 20th, or the Skyline Race in Napa on the 21st. Has anyone done these rides? Opinions?
    They are about the same distance from Sacramento and both look like fun. Im leaning towards the Pine Nut Cracker because 1, its on a Saturday , 2, no poison oak. Thoughts?
  • 05-04-2006
    Menso
    I can only speak for Skyline, but it is a technical course with some very steep climbs. Easily walking climbs on a SS.
  • 05-05-2006
    Dan'ger
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zon
    Ok, so there are 2 races coming up here in a couple of weeks. The Pine Nut Cracker in Gardnerville NV on the 20th, or the Skyline Race in Napa on the 21st. Has anyone done these rides? Opinions?
    They are about the same distance from Sacramento and both look like fun. Im leaning towards the Pine Nut Cracker because 1, its on a Saturday , 2, no poison oak. Thoughts?

Hey, Bob - sounds like the racing bug has bit hard, huh?
  • 05-05-2006
    velocipus
    I had a blast at Skyline last year... very technical, PO was there, but not as much of a threat as NVDC. I recall showers at Skyline too. Climbs are steep, but they're over in a hurry. My favorite part was the winner of Clydesdale class got the horse's arse trophy.
  • 05-05-2006
    coldcase
    What?!? You're not racing both? And here I thought you were dedicated.
  • 05-05-2006
    zon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Hey, Bob - sounds like the racing bug has bit hard, huh?

Naw,, just gives me a reason to ride fast all the time. :D
  • 05-05-2006
    zon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcase
    What?!? You're not racing both? And here I thought you were dedicated.

Logistics man logistics. :p