Culvert trail- Mtbr.com

Thread: Culvert trail

NorCal slum bum

Culvert trail

I am looking for directions to the culvert trail that is in auburn. these directions should be given if i was going north on 80. i am goin ridin there on mon if anybody wants to join.

only slightly broken
    Well, officially 80 runs east and west, so I am guessing you mean from Sacramento
    towards Tahoe, yes?

Go through Auburn, pass 49 exit, up over a hill with truck lane, top of NEXT hill is
    Forest Hill exit, which you want. Right at top of exit, straight through traffic light with
    3 gas stations. Down hill across big bridge and up hill to 1st real intersection. On
    your right is Old Foresthill Road, followed by left turn lane for Lower Clementine Rd
    which is what you want. Left up Clementine to top of hill, where you will find a turnout
    on the left bordered by big rocks. To get to the Culvert trail, go through the rocks and
    RIGHT up the hill. (there are three trails here, for the culvert take the right one) this goes
    up a double track a bit, then down and then up again to a big oak tree at the crest.
    This is ~1/2 mile(ish) Continue PAST big tree down the hill a couple hundred yards
    to the beginning of Culvert to your LEFT, I think it is still signposted but ya can't miss
    it. The trail ends at Old Foresthill Rd, at which time you can turn left and head up
    the paved road to intersection mentioned above, or cross the road and head down the
    road in the Mammoth Bar OHV park maybe 1/4 mile to an intersection with a fire road.
    Right takes you down to the confluence, left takes you up to another crossing of Old
    Foresthill road where you can cross and pick up another trail that leads to Foresthill
    Rd which you cross and pickup trail that takes you back to the rocks where you started.

Hope that helps, I'm gonna be in Downieville so have fun Monday,

patrick

Quote Originally Posted by captainpolution
    I am looking for directions to the culvert trail that is in auburn. these directions should be given if i was going north on 80. i am goin ridin there on mon if anybody wants to join.

NorCal slum bum
    thanks. yea its from sacramento. i wanted to go up there on monday with its a 2 and a half hour drive for me and gas prices are high.
    Last edited by captainpolution; 05-28-2004 at 03:40 PM.