Corral > Freel's > Star Lake > Cold Creek Loop?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B1KER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,307

    Corral > Freel's > Star Lake > Cold Creek Loop?

    In the past I did a fun ride from the top of Armstrong to Freel's down to Star Lake and Cold Creek. We drove to the backside of Armstrong and popped up that way and was camping at the lake. So we just rode back to the lake. I was wondering if there were trails that would get me from Cold Creek over to Corral?
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: paintballeerXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,000
    Powerline trail plus some little connectors. Powerline kinda sucks if its dry, so maybe do the longer less direct route via Railroad Grade Trail to Columbine trai connector. Or just ride surface strees through town, depending on where your coming from

  3. #3
    MK_
    MK_ is offline
    carpe mañana
    Reputation: MK_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,277
    Do you use Trailforks?
    https://www.trailforks.com/region/so...lon=-119.95657

    That shows some of the possibilities.

    _MK

    "The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    482
    The TAMBA site has info also.
    Ride fast. Huck bravely. Waste no beer. Safety third.

  5. #5
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12,118
    If coming out on Powerline from CC you can catch Incence Cedar and then go up Sidewinder and tap into the upper part of Corral.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B1KER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,307
    Thanks guys. I do use TrailForks but wanted to make sure there wasn't something that might not be on there or if I would be in for a crappy climb at the end of the ride.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

  7. #7
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    Thanks guys. I do use TrailForks but wanted to make sure there wasn't something that might not be on there or if I would be in for a crappy climb at the end of the ride.
    Powerline (or at least a few years ago when I rode it) was exactly that, a powerline access road. Ran across multiple 4x4s and motos, lots of woops and whatnot but really just a road to connect the two trailheads without getting off the dirt.

    Temps are dropping Robert, need to schedule some time with ya to get over the hill to Carson. Could even shuttle Clear Creek on the south end to get out of climbing.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B1KER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Powerline (or at least a few years ago when I rode it) was exactly that, a powerline access road. Ran across multiple 4x4s and motos, lots of woops and whatnot but really just a road to connect the two trailheads without getting off the dirt.

    Temps are dropping Robert, need to schedule some time with ya to get over the hill to Carson. Could even shuttle Clear Creek on the south end to get out of climbing.
    Hit me up on DM or IG or whatever. Let's set something up.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

  9. #9
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    Hit me up on DM or IG or whatever. Let's set something up.
    Robert... Will do... This is mizznfizz (from other areas) by the way...

Similar Threads

  1. South Lake Tahoe - Cold Creek, Cedar & Corral - July 3rd
    By mhevezi in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:23 PM
  2. Cold Creek/Star Lake/Toad's loop - feedback request
    By JustScott in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 07:43 AM

Members who have read this thread: 110

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.