Copper Canyon?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Copper Canyon?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Copper Canyon?

I know some roadies who are going to be mountain biking in Copper Canyon next week. Does anyone have any ride reports or info about that area? They aren't downhill oriented riders but I think they can slowly get through most technical stuff.

mtbr member
    The best one I seen by far is done by these guy:
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

Check it out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Portola Vince
    I know some roadies who are going to be mountain biking in Copper Canyon next week. Does anyone have any ride reports or info about that area? They aren't downhill oriented riders but I think they can slowly get through most technical stuff.

I just went on a trip there in March.

Full writeup and pictures here:
    http://ashwinearl.blogspot.com/2006/...roduction.html

My trip was with a different company than Bills but we did pretty much the same trails.

Our group had a wide variety of riding abilities. As long as they are smart enough to know when a certain section is over their head they won't have any problems. The single track has some technical sections, rock gardens, small drops, but for the most part very rideable and flowing. There are some short steep climbs and the dirt is pretty dry/loose.

The drop into the canyon is a long fire road. Not technical but sketchy. The riding in the canyon has some tech rock gardens but is mostly wide track or fire road.

VTT
    mtbr member
    Guruatma and 8Track from the Norcal board went there early this year using WesternSpirit and had a great time. They posted some pictures on this board.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    Guruatma and 8Track from the Norcal board went there early this year using WesternSpirit and had a great time. They posted some pictures on this board.
    Yep. The trip was via Western Spirit and the same as the one ashwinearl took a couple weeks later. His writeup is pretty much spot-on.

Lots of good riding, nothing too difficult, though there was some fun XC techie sections here and there on the singletrack. But the overall experience of biking across the border and in an impressive locale (while being fully supported/catered) made the trip a great one.

I wouldn't recommend this trip for someone who hasn't ridden singletrack much... other than that, I think riders of all abilities will enjoy the trip.

mtbr member
    yeah, yeah, fun fun. Our group had good climbers who were weak descenders, and vica versa. Of course 8-Track was good at both

There were people like me who pretty much just ride weekends, and other who rode across the Himilayas. Everyone had fun, no matter their ability or experience. That's what makes a guided trip fun.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

Members who have read this thread: 0