Conditions At Saratoga Gap?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Conditions At Saratoga Gap?

Well, I'm striking out here. All my favorite trails are closed or inaccessible. SDF has a landslide on the road to the trailhead, the fun trails at Skegg's are closed.

How about Saratoga Gap from the parking lot to Grizzly Flats? Are those all open. The park links website doesn't seem to have updated info. I'd hate to drive up there only to find closed trails.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    http://www.openspace.org/preserves/trail_conditions.asp

updated on tuesday. They seem to update it pretty quickly when things change.. Long Ridge and Peters creek are still closed. Not sure about Grizzly flat

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    http://www.openspace.org/preserves/trail_conditions.asp

updated on tuesday. They seem to update it pretty quickly when things change.. Long Ridge and Peters creek are still closed. Not sure about Grizzly flat
    Thanks. Is Long Ridge the fireroad from Hwy 35 to Grizzly Flats? What about Grizzly Flats? That's the more fun trail, but we need to use that fireroad to access Grizzly Flats, right?

The loop I usually do is this:

Start at parking lot at intersection of Hwy 9 and 35. Ride up the hill and down the singletrack (I dont know the name of that portion of trail). Cross Hwy 35 onto the fireroad. Ride for awhile to Grizzly Flats and play around there awhile.

Are those trails open?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    I'm not the expert with the trail names, but I think thats the Peters Creek Loop that you are referring to. Long Ridge is part of that fire road that ends, and you turn right onto the single track, then connects that back to skyline.

Grizzly Flat is back on the other side (east side) of skyline which then will drop you down to upper stevens canyon.

Members who have read this thread: 0