China camp secret trail???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

China camp secret trail???

I will be riding China Camp tomorrow and was wondering if the "secret Trail / Dream catcher trail" is still in existence at the top of the mountain?

The one I am referring to will, usually, dump you out on San Pedro rd near the 7-11.

Any thoughts or advice would be great, thanks Cedric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick
    I will be riding China Camp tomorrow and was wondering if the "secret Trail / Dream catcher trail" is still in existence at the top of the mountain?

The one I am referring to will, usually, dump you out on San Pedro rd near the 7-11.

Any thoughts or advice would be great, thanks Cedric
    My thoughts are you should not ask on a public forum...my advice would be to look for yourself

Have fun!

ballbuster

don't ask.

Please don't go there.

First rule of Fight Club is....
    Last edited by pimpbot; 08-22-2010 at 07:51 PM.

mtbr member
    The ranger at the Kiosk should have good info and maps for you.
    Ibis Cycles
    www.ibiscycles.com

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Check here:
    http://www.google.com/search?f=q&hl=...15&sa=N&tab=lw

This may be the reason we do not talk, post maps and photos of illegal, super secret trails here.

fc

Casey
    I wasn't aware that bikes are not allowed on the backside of China Camp descending down towards Hwy 101. One of the CC trails actually leads to the backside trails. I haven't seen any indication of no bikes allowed on those trails, just other riders. They don't appear to be much of a "secret".

ballbuster

That side is all...

Quote Originally Posted by casey2020
    I wasn't aware that bikes are not allowed on the backside of China Camp descending down towards Hwy 101. One of the CC trails actually leads to the backside trails. I haven't seen any indication of no bikes allowed on those trails, just other riders. They don't appear to be much of a "secret".
    ... City of San Rafael. SRPD is in charge of enforcing laws on that side of the hill. How often do you see cops hitting the trail beat? Thing is, don't make problems for anybody, don't draw attention, and it won't be an issue. Basically, the trail signs were torn down, but that doesn't make the trails over there any more legal. You can legally ride the fireroads, but that is about it.

It is bad form to publish anything online about illegal activity. The anti-bike folks can easily pick it up with Google (as Francois demonstrated earlier) and use it as ammunition against us cyclists when we try to get legit trails opened. Best not to go there.

Uncle

+1

Quote Originally Posted by peletonnissen
    The ranger at the Kiosk should have good info and maps for you.
    What he said.

Casey
    pimpbot, Thanks for the heads-up and the advice. I wasn't aware of the situation there.

Like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    ... City of San Rafael. SRPD is in charge of enforcing laws on that side of the hill. How often do you see cops hitting the trail beat? Thing is, don't make problems for anybody, don't draw attention, and it won't be an issue. Basically, the trail signs were torn down, but that doesn't make the trails over there any more legal. You can legally ride the fireroads, but that is about it.

It is bad form to publish anything online about illegal activity. The anti-bike folks can easily pick it up with Google (as Francois demonstrated earlier) and use it as ammunition against us cyclists when we try to get legit trails opened. Best not to go there.
    It's not all the City of San Rafael - some portions are owned by Marin County Open Space, Dominican University, and (I think) the JCC. MCOSD does indeed enforce its rules on the portions of the mountain it owns. Mike's Bikes in San Rafael carries a map that shows who owns what.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt56
    Are you a whiny Marin liberal, or a hand-wringing Berkeley liberal?

commie
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot

This kind of paranoid hand wringing continues to amuse me. The fact that it's typically unsubstantiated rumor at best, and downright fabrication at worst, is just icing on the cake.

p.s. Please inform Francois that it's bad form to repeatedly discuss Bacon, et al in his SDF threads.

Thanks.

commie
    Quote Originally Posted by casey2020
    pimpbot, Thanks for the heads-up and the advice. I wasn't aware of the situation there.
    As long as you pick the right time, and day, you can ride JCC, Hitler, Howell, 7-11, etc. at will without worrying about a ticket.

They are much more fun and challenging than the 6' wide "singletrack" in CC.

mtbr member
    come on dude, now everybody knows! way to go! hahaha

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    *FWIW I've been issued a citation for using two of those said three trails when making an emergency exit since it was quicker and safer to be picked up at Dominican for a trip to the E.R.

The officer was sitting right at the pipe fence. The fact the citation was later dismissed based on "..Immediate and Necessary Action" notwithstanding, you might not have an excuse other than "It looked cool."

Be smart, don't do it, and if you choose freely to do so, don't talk about it. We're not your parents, be safe and have a good time.

mtbr member
    Can someone give me details on how to get to New Paradigm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    This kind of paranoid hand wringing continues to amuse me. The fact that it's typically unsubstantiated rumor at best, and downright fabrication at worst, ...

What is paranoid about recognizing that people can and do use search engines to find info?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    p.s. Please inform Francois that it's bad form to repeatedly discuss Bacon.
    Is there ever a bad time for bacon? Bacon is the wonder food.

Sir, are you, or have you ever been a vegatarian? Veggie, pinko, bastard!

-j

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean
    Is there ever a bad time for bacon? Bacon is the wonder food.

Sir, are you, or have you ever been a vegatarian? Veggie, pinko, bastard!

-j
    I think we're all down with talking about bacon, especially when Megan is the one cooking it.

Members who have read this thread: 1