china camp ride ?- Mtbr.com
    ventanakaz

china camp ride ?

so i'm thinking of riding china camp this weekend sat or sun at 10 AM is it muddy ? i haven't ridden cross country in some years and will be riding my 40 lb ventana freeride with downhill tires and flat pedals bike. a few of the guys that i used to ride xc with are doing a 40 mile headlands to mount tam. ride on sunday, no way i can do that. Oh yah and i'm outa shape and will be making some stops, i would like to do the front loop and maybe the back too. i also don't mind riding with beginners, now all i have to be is encouraged to actually ride there this weekend...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Front side is almost completely dry. There are still a couple of very short mud sections/puddles here and there that have not dried out yet, but overall the trails are good! Backside is completely dry. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

rode the Better Side yesterday

The trails have been getting a lot of love, and are in prime condition.

Q2 - Q4 trails are especially good.

Watch out for the ticks!
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I am new to tick country. How do I "watch out for ticks"? Is there a technique? Between the ticks and the poison oak I tend to ride scared a lot!
    "It's just that nobody likes Cornfish." francois

mtbr member
    Just stop every now and again and give yourself a look over and one good check before you drive away. If you are paying attention you can just flick em off before they embed at all (it takes a while for them to get in there).

Check behind ears, in leg hair, etc. Don't worry about it too much.
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by cornfish
    I am new to tick country. How do I "watch out for ticks"? Is there a technique? Between the ticks and the poison oak I tend to ride scared a lot!
    If you do find a tick on you...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    So what happens if they embed "a bit"? This happended to me on Saturday when I rode the better side.

I was in a hurry after the ride and didn't check myself before I drove off. By the time I got home I felt some pain in the area around my knee, checked it out and it was a big tivk half way under my skin. Plucked it out and took a shower immediately there after.

I should've taken a picture of it...

Anyways, any possible future complications?

ventanakaz
    should i change the title to (tick tack poison O) or (tick tack holy crap he sunk his head into my crack)...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    I got nabbed by a tick about a month ago at China camp. Last year I found one on me, but it didn't dig it yet. I've been riding at China camp for about 7 years now, and only had problems the last two.

Threading freely...
    There can be serious complications once the tick has embedded if there is Lyme Disease here. It's very serious, comes from deer ticks, and I know several people who got it on the East Coast. That disease, especially if misdiagnosed, can steal years of your life. If you notice any inflammation or red circle near the spot, go to a doctor for a round of antibiotics. If it's been embedded more than half an hour, I'd be worried.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic
    There can be serious complications once the tick has embedded if there is Lyme Disease here. It's very serious, comes from deer ticks, and I know several people who got it on the East Coast. That disease, especially if misdiagnosed, can steal years of your life. If you notice any inflammation or red circle near the spot, go to a doctor for a round of antibiotics. If it's been embedded more than half an hour, I'd be worried.
    It was probably embedded for a few hours. No rash or red circle, but there was a 1/4" red spot for about a one week or so. I got a blood test, but still waiting for the results.

ventanakaz
    tick on my balls. what to do?

mtbr member
    Suck out the poison?

ventanakaz
    so that's what you do is suck it out ?

ventanakaz

10:00 am

will be riding china camp sunday at 10:00 am tomorrow. six guys and one gal will be riding, Your welcome to ride with us, guy or gal, beginner or what ever. no one lefted behind, you can ride with the faster guys or u can ride with the slower guy ME. will be making stops on the uphill and the downhill for the last person, I'll be on avery dark gray ventana La bruja with downhill tires and flat pedals...ralph

mtbr member
    I'd love to meet you guys but I won't be able to make it. =(

Have fun all!

Members who have read this thread: 0