Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Caspar Classic 2015 - Mendocino Coast

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RooHarris 
#1 · (Edited)
The Caspar Classic is one of the best little big races in Northern California. In its second decade, the Classic has always been fun and supportive to Mountain bike racing. Come join us September 6th Labor Day weekend for a great day out of the heat and into the coastal coolness. Entry fee is $25 includes racing and cookout afterwards. Fun kids course as well.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Text

Join us for another of California's classic traditions. If Ibis could start here in 1981, the Caspar Classic will continue the tradition of biking on the Mendocino Coast...!

See less See more
#2 ·
Roo,

You probably need to post a link to a page with some race details??

Maybe some sample gpx's of the area?

I was just up there. This should be a fantastic course to test all skills. The town of Mendocino and Fort Bragg have something for everyone, so it's a good destination event.

The area food and wine is worth the trip.

#4 ·
I will be there if possible.

Does the course really go uphill on Ride-Thru-Tree and Gunslinger, then downhill through Sh!thole on that terrible fire road? Ugh?

I've always wondered how this race is done on EZN with that big downed tree/moto blocker at the start of the descent. Then I saw the video of JK Weed just boosting it. Oh.

#5 ·
I will be there if possible.

Does the course really go uphill on Ride-Thru-Tree and Gunslinger, then downhill through Sh!thole on that terrible fire road? Ugh?

I've always wondered how this race is done on EZN with that big downed tree/moto blocker at the start of the descent. Then I saw the video of JK Weed just boosting it. Oh.
I think Stan will set up EZN (Caspar Crossing North) like we did the WWA CA Enduro. Pull back the top tree and bridge the bottom so riders don't have to dismount.

#8 · (Edited)
Arrows are correct.

The race starts 1/4 mile down Rd 600. Go up Rd 600, turn right into the woods on Parallel tr. Get on TV tr turn right on Lighten Up! Cross Rd 500 to JackaRoo Tr. get on Rd 500 again go 100 yards turn right on Rd 520. Go up Eucalyptus tr to cut off to Ride Thru Tree on left. Ride up to Rd 500 turn left on Gunslinger. At intersection of Beer Joint go straight to Jim's tr. Down Jim's to **** Hole Up to the Maze and go straight through over to Wuss Hill (Rd 511). Top of Wuss go left on Rd 510 left again after 200 yards into the woods on motorcycle trail. This is Stan's Playground. Comes out on Rd 510 cross to rolling single track trail. Go right up hill on Rd 512. Ride up to Rd 500. Take hump on right over to Beer Joint (stop for a refreshment?) down to 3 Post. Scream down to **** Hole and go left up SH. Go right onto TV tr. Go left at Lighten Up! to Rd 500 cross over to EZN and down. Right on Rd 600 and to finish. Now you know the route.

#11 ·
I'm sure it will be a fun course. I was just surprised by the layout. I've never ridden DOWN any of those nice wide single tracks.

It's been a couple of years since I've been able to make it, but The Caspar Classic has always been a great event. Hopefully I'll be racing it this year.

#12 ·
I think you'll enjoy it. You'll also be surprised with Ride Thru Tree and how much was thinned out in the last harvest. More sun light for one. Being a working demo-forest, the harvesters put the trail back into amazing condition. The new course is about a mile and quarter longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.