Captain One Lung Administrator

Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.

The fundraiser put on by MTB Experience and Freedom Riders aimed to generate donations for Camp Fire victims who have lost bikes and gear. Remaining funds are to be given to the Aaron Rodgers NorCal Fire Recovery Fund. See below.

Roseville Cyclery, The Hub, Victory Velo, Folsom Lake SRA, Dirt Trail Riders, Dialed Health, B1ker, MTBing Adventures, BKXC, Ride Bikes, Eat Tacos (Dave), FATRAC, Pure Mountain Mojo and a host of other riders and community trail folks showed up to donate, show support and ride. We had well over 100 people show up throughout the day.

Some photos borrowed from Freedom Riders/Bixxel Media.
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-cuhnvv6.jpg

We had over 100 people pre-registered and another 25+ register and donate at the event.
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-s7wqcmt.jpg

Dirt Trail Riders drove up from the Bay Area to drop off 6 kids bikes to give to kids who lost their bikes in the fire. What an awesome group!
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-bryu7mi.jpg

Derek Teel from Dialed Health and Heath from the Hub led the "advanced" group ride. I heard Derek hit a road gap and took a branch to the dome but landed clean and kept riding. Dude is savage. Paige Ramsey led the 2nd group and Tricia DeJersey and Aaron LeSieur led 2 kid's groups.

Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-o3vpbtn.jpg

Lil Jayden impressed the crowds by sending it as usual.
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-kv39x8u.jpg

Taco Dave rode despite his not fully healed hand. Hucks to flat don't promote healing, Dave.

After the first 2 group rides there was food to be eaten! I got up at 3am to start cooking potato leek soup. There was also chili provided by Victory Velo, Hot Dogs and cookies by Roseville Cyclery, Donuts by Freedom Riders, sliders, salad, soup, and snacks provided by MTBEXP. People seemed well fed although the hot dogs went FAST!
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-o615amg.jpg

Soup's on! all 32 quarts worth. lol
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-3elgxyd.jpg

After lunch some folks went out for another ride while others hung out and BS'd, drank beer, signed stuff for kids and handed out stickers. Riley picked up a sweet "Will Send for Tacos" sticker and I scored a new "Full Send Alliance" tshirt. *note* all stickers, swag, or cards were laid out on tables or had to be asked for. No one ran around "marketing".
    Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-tiydnil.jpg

The weather held out for the entire event and the trail conditions were perfect as were to people. It was such an awesome experience. To see so many people donate and come together for a good cause without selling, showcasing or otherwise marketing their company or whatever. It was all about the riders and the community. We need more of this. In total we raised over $4,000 not including the 6 bikes and there are other industry donations in the works. I didn't bank on the bikes so figuring out how to get the home was interesting. I love trucks. lol

Camp Fire Fundraiser at Granite Beach was a success.-zemoizg.jpg

From MTBEXP.

All proceeds from this fundraiser will be used to replace MTB bikes/gear for victims who have reached out directly to MTB Experience. All remaining funds will be donated to the Aaron Rodgers Norcal Fire Recovery Fund. This fund is being used for:
    Kids Programs (in school, after school, extracurricular)
    Youth and High School Sports
    Housing (temporary structures for displaced Paradise residents as they rebuild)
    For more information please visit the North Valley Community Foundation website at https://www.nvcf.org/aaronrodgersfund/.

mtbr member
    Never saw any social media or advertising for this. Would have been fun to join. Nice work everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    Never saw any social media or advertising for this. Would have been fun to join. Nice work everyone.
    I hear ya. I refrain from posting anything that even remotely smacks of advertising on this forum due to past "freak outs". So we posted it up on Instagram and Facebook mainly and the YouTubers also posted on their Patreon accounts. I had hoped a member here would have picked it up and posted it. Would have been cool to have you out there.

Somehow missed Robert's video on the fundraiser and his new rig. Thanks again, Rob. You're a class act buddy.