Moderator Moderator
    Last edited by 5k bike 50cent legs; 1 Week Ago at 08:31 PM.

Not helpful.
    Thanks for posting those links.

Donations of toiletries and underwear are being accepted at the Chico Elks Lodge, 1705 Manzanita Avenue, and at Cathy's Sew and Vac, 2418 Cohasset Road in Chico.

Shasta Regional Medical Center in Redding is taking donations today (Fri) until around 3 p.m., when they plan to take them down to Butte County. They need blankets, pillows, warm clothing, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels, wash cloths, socks, underwear, brushes, toothpaste, toothbrushes, air mattresses and gift cards for food. The hospital is at 1100 Butte Street downtown.

Their list of items needed includes: Clothing, bedding, toiletries, water bottles, batteries, feminine hygiene products, toilet paper, non-perishable food and first-aid items.

Used and new bedding is being accepted at the Dorothy Johnson Center, 775 East 16th St. in Chico, where some families of children with special needs are staying.
    Pedro GTP Relief, a nonprofit started after the Carr fire, has a 10,000-square-foot building at 1322 Butte St. in Redding that has supplies for victims, including clothing, toiletries, water, canned food, non-perishables, furniture and bedding.

The Hope Center in Oroville (1950 Kitrick Ave Ste. A) is taking donations for the Camp Fire. Hours: 8-5 Friday and Saturday, 9- 5 Sunday. They need warm clothes, shoes, socks, coats (primarily for elderly residents).

Volunteer. An Emergency Volunteer Center is open at Caring Choices (1398 Ridgewood in Chico). People interested in volunteering can go there or call 530-899-3873.

I'm thinking about loading my car up with stuff to take up there. I even have a big plastic doghouse that I'm sure someone could use. I might even offer my services to drive people around- I'm sure there are many people who need to get to appointments, and just to go shopping. I'm not working, so I don't have much $$ to donate, but I do have time to give!

Pedro GTP Relief | Helping the citizens of Redding get through tough times.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

moreon
    This is awesome.

Not helpful.
    The local CBS station has a great page with a plethora of good links: https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/help-2/
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the link. I'm going to fill up one of our cars with stuff on the list and drop it off at Davis firefighters Wednesday. My wife is in the promotional products business so she can get things like shirts and backpacks really cheaply. We are going to see if we can get some items shipped directly to Davis in time for their Wednesday evening deadline.

Not helpful.
    Backpacks are good!

I've got a fellow swinging by Wed to pick my stuff up. He said they really need winter jackets and rolling suitcases. And toiletries.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am probably going to make a Costco run to pick up a bunch of stuff on the list. Lisa can get backpacks for $6 plus shipping (from Reno) so we are going to get a bunch, plus some long sleeve shirts..We'll see what else. If we had more time we'd get more organized, but will do what we can by the Wednesday deadline for UC Davis firefighters.

Mostly what people need is money...we're doing that as well.

I volunteer at the Sac NWR complex in the central valley up near Willows. I was there this weekend and met a really nice man who took his niece and nephew to the refuge to look at the birds. They were from Paradise, really nice kids. They lost everything. This is so sad.

Not helpful.
    A few days ago, I put an ad on the local CL, trying to find anyone who was headed up towards the Butte County way, so I could send along some things I had set aside. Yesterday, I got a response from a Sac guy who was down in Ventura, picking up things along his way back to take up to victims of the Camp Fire.

So he'll be cruising by Stockton tomorrow, and we'll rendez-voo and I'll hand off the stuff I have. I picked this stuff up at the 99-cent store and Harbor Freight this morning (except for the shovels, which I cleaned up- no idea why I have 4 alike shovels), along with a big doghouse Endo doesn't use.

I hope this guy is on the up 'n' up. He sounded fine on the phone, but... I'll get his license plate, just in case.

Camp Fire Evacuation Relief Fund-camp-fire-swag-1.jpg

Camp Fire Evacuation Relief Fund-camp-fire-swag-2.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Much positive rep for this.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    ^^ Much positive rep for this.
    Should I have gotten more deodorant?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Should I have gotten more deodorant?

Maybe a few more fanny packs, I mean hip packs....I mean enduro bro packs....

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Maybe a few more fanny packs, I mean hip packs....I mean enduro bro packs....
    Awesome Straps, fo sho.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    A few days ago, I put an ad on the local CL, trying to find anyone who was headed up towards the Butte County way, so I could send along some things I had set aside. Yesterday, I got a response from a Sac guy who was down in Ventura, picking up things along his way back to take up to victims of the Camp Fire.

So he'll be cruising by Stockton tomorrow, and we'll rendez-voo and I'll hand off the stuff I have. I picked this stuff up at the 99-cent store and Harbor Freight this morning (except for the shovels, which I cleaned up- no idea why I have 4 alike shovels), along with a big doghouse Endo doesn't use.

I hope this guy is on the up 'n' up. He sounded fine on the phone, but... I'll get his license plate, just in case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camp Fire swag 1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	1224709

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camp Fire swag 2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	1224710
    I met up with Wes today at a Love's in Lodi. He pulled up in a Ford Econoline hightop stuffed full of goodies for the displaced. We managed to fit in the stuff I brought, plus the doghouse and several styrofoam icechests. He had one more stop in Sac, and by then, his van would have been full to the brim. Good on you, Wes, for all the driving you did to pick up all that stuff. Your karma is well-assured.