Feeling a little taller

BTCEB / Save Mount Diablo Rides!

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay
    presents on behalf of
    Save Mount Diablo
    Spring on the Mountain 2006

March 25, Saturday 10:00 A.M.
    Mount Diablo Summit from Mitchell Canyon
    Leader Steve Biggs, 925-202-9133, (EBrider). Meet at Mount Diablo State Park - Mitchell Canyon Staging Area, south end of Mitchell Canyon Rd., Clayton.
    We will ride to the summit via Mitchell Canyon / Deer Flat and return via Prospectors Gap. This is a strenuous ride with great views! Rain on day of cancels. 15 miles 4000 feet.

April 9, Sunday 9:00 A.M.
    Morgan Territory from Finley Road
    Leader Mike McCormack, 925-942-3653. Meet at Morgan Territory Regional Preserve - Finley Road. From 680 take Sycamore Valley Road or Crow Canyon Road to the intersection of Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara, Head east on Camino Tassajara about 3 miles, make left on Finley Road. Limited unorganized roadside parking one-half mile before the large white gate. From 580 take the Santa Rita / Tassajara Rd exit, head north on Tassajara Rd approx 7 miles, make Rt turn on Finley Road.
    A complete tour of Morgan Territory. We will ride Highland Ridge to Marsh Peak, the highest point in Morgan Territory. This is a strenuous ride with multiple turn around points. Up to 23 miles 4000 feet gain. Rain cancels.

April 15, Saturday 10:00 A.M.
    Mount Diablo State Park, Rock City
    Leader Chris Towles, 510-229-0023. Meet at Monte Vista High School parking lot 3 miles east of 680 on Stone Valley Road.
    The group will ride to Rock City through historic Diablo and return via scenic Wall Point. For intermediate riders. Rain cancels

May 6, Saturday 9:00 A.M.
    Black Diamond Mines
    Leader Eric Muhler, 510-520-0423. Meet at Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve - Black Diamond Way/Clayton Road., just east of downtown Clayton.
    We will do a North/South tour of Black Diamond Mines, stopping at Contra Loma Reservoir for lunch and return via a loop. Advanced, strenuous ride.
    23+ miles, 4000 ft gain. Rain cancels.

May 13, Saturday 8:30 A.M.
    Mount Diablo State Park, Oyster Point
    Leader Nick Maufe, 925-719-2504. Meet at Morgan Territory Regional Preserve - Finley Road. From 680 take Sycamore Valley Road or Crow Canyon Road to the intersection of Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara, Head east on Camino Tassajara about 3 miles, make left on Finley Road. Limited unorganized roadside parking one-half mile before the large white gate. From 580 take the Santa Rita / Tassajara Rd exit, head north on Tassajara Rd approx 7 miles, make Rt turn on Finley Road.
    A tour of the more remote Oyster Point, south-east section of Mount Diablo State Park. A strenuous ride of approximately 16 miles and 3000' gain. Rain cancels.

May 21, Sunday, 9:30 A.M.
    Brushy Peak
    Leader Chris Towles, 510-229-0023. Meet at Brushy Peak Regional Preserve - Staging Area - from I-580 in Livermore, exit north at Vasco Road, turn right onto Northfront Road, then left on Laughlin Road, to the staging area at the end.
    This is a mountain biking tour of newly opened Brushy Peak. This is an exploratory ride, for all levels who want to visit Brushy Peak. Rain cancels.

June 4, Sunday 10:00 A.M.
    Shell Ridge and Diablo Foothills
    Leader Mike McCormack, 925-942-3653. Meet at Shell Ridge Open Space - Indian Valley School, end of Marshall
    Drive in Walnut Creek.
    We will ride the Briones to Mount Diablo Trail to the China Wall Formation for lunch and an unobstructed view of Mount Diablo.
    Beginner / Intermediate. Rain Cancels.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    presents on behalf of
    Save Mount Diablo
    Spring on the Mountain 2006

March 25, Saturday 10:00 A.M.
    Mount Diablo Summit from Mitchell Canyon
    Leader Steve Biggs, 925-202-9133, (EBrider). Meet at Mount Diablo State Park - Mitchell Canyon Staging Area, south end of Mitchell Canyon Rd., Clayton.
    We will ride to the summit via Mitchell Canyon / Deer Flat and return via Prospectors Gap. This is a strenuous ride with great views! Rain on day of cancels. 15 miles 4000 feet.

April 9, Sunday 9:00 A.M.
    Morgan Territory from Finley Road
    Leader Mike McCormack, 925-942-3653. Meet at Morgan Territory Regional Preserve - Finley Road. From 680 take Sycamore Valley Road or Crow Canyon Road to the intersection of Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara, Head east on Camino Tassajara about 3 miles, make left on Finley Road. Limited unorganized roadside parking one-half mile before the large white gate. From 580 take the Santa Rita / Tassajara Rd exit, head north on Tassajara Rd approx 7 miles, make Rt turn on Finley Road.
    A complete tour of Morgan Territory. We will ride Highland Ridge to Marsh Peak, the highest point in Morgan Territory. This is a strenuous ride with multiple turn around points. Up to 23 miles 4000 feet gain. Rain cancels.

Leader Chris Towles, 510-229-0023. Meet at Monte Vista High School parking lot 3 miles east of 680 on Stone Valley Road.
    The group will ride to Rock City through historic Diablo and return via scenic Wall Point. For intermediate riders. Rain cancels

May 6, Saturday 9:00 A.M.
    Black Diamond Mines
    Leader Eric Muhler, 510-520-0423. Meet at Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve - Black Diamond Way/Clayton Road., just east of downtown Clayton.
    We will do a North/South tour of Black Diamond Mines, stopping at Contra Loma Reservoir for lunch and return via a loop. Advanced, strenuous ride.
    23+ miles, 4000 ft gain. Rain cancels.

May 13, Saturday 8:30 A.M.
    Leader Nick Maufe, 925-719-2504. Meet at Morgan Territory Regional Preserve - Finley Road. From 680 take Sycamore Valley Road or Crow Canyon Road to the intersection of Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara, Head east on Camino Tassajara about 3 miles, make left on Finley Road. Limited unorganized roadside parking one-half mile before the large white gate. From 580 take the Santa Rita / Tassajara Rd exit, head north on Tassajara Rd approx 7 miles, make Rt turn on Finley Road.
    A tour of the more remote Oyster Point, south-east section of Mount Diablo State Park. A strenuous ride of approximately 16 miles and 3000' gain. Rain cancels.

May 21, Sunday, 9:30 A.M.
    Brushy Peak
    Leader Chris Towles, 510-229-0023. Meet at Brushy Peak Regional Preserve - Staging Area - from I-580 in Livermore, exit north at Vasco Road, turn right onto Northfront Road, then left on Laughlin Road, to the staging area at the end.
    This is a mountain biking tour of newly opened Brushy Peak. This is an exploratory ride, for all levels who want to visit Brushy Peak. Rain cancels.

June 4, Sunday 10:00 A.M.
    Shell Ridge and Diablo Foothills
    Leader Mike McCormack, 925-942-3653. Meet at Shell Ridge Open Space - Indian Valley School, end of Marshall
    Drive in Walnut Creek.
    We will ride the Briones to Mount Diablo Trail to the China Wall Formation for lunch and an unobstructed view of Mount Diablo.
    Beginner / Intermediate. Rain Cancels.
    Excellent! I am doing four of these rides. Quick question. Since this is a Save Mount Diablo ride will there be a place to donate $$ at the beginning of every ride? If not how does one go about giving a few bucks?

I didn't see it posted anywhere, but I'll assume that you don't need to be a member of BTCEB to join these rides? Which of course brings me to my next question. If one isn't a member of BTCEB could him/her join at one of these rides? I am going to try to bring four other riders, three of whom live in the East Bay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    Excellent! I am doing four of these rides. Quick question. Since this is a Save Mount Diablo ride will there be a place to donate $$ at the beginning of every ride? If not how does one go about giving a few bucks?

I didn't see it posted anywhere, but I'll assume that you don't need to be a member of BTCEB to join these rides? Which of course brings me to my next question. If one isn't a member of BTCEB could him/her join at one of these rides? I am going to try to bring four other riders, three of whom live in the East Bay.
    Everyone is welcome. For information on donating/joining Save Mt. Diablo, check the website: http://www.savemountdiablo.org/

VTT
    mtbr member

Hi Larry,
    If you join for $ 50 you get a nice pair of socks.... Tried mine on Tuesday and they make me go faster

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    Hi Larry,
    If you join for $ 50 you get a nice pair of socks.... Tried mine on Tuesday and they make me go faster
    That's if you join BTCEB, not Save Mount Diablo.

mtbr member
    Hi Larry,
    Well you just made me change it. I printed the form from their website today, now I need to re-write the check for another $25.00. If the socks don't work - you owe me $25.00 dollars!

EBrider - thanks for that Save Mt.Diablo link! Enjoy your ride tomorrow. Naw; I am not bitter!!!

mtbr member
    bump....Getting close to this ride. Looking forward to it!
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

mtbr member

That reminds me

Don't forget $3 for parking, or you can park down the street off Mitchell Canyon, or another close by park entrance if you know the area.

Feeling a little taller
    Heads up! First SMD ride is only a couple of weekends away.

mtbr member
    Dan-do you have a count on how many people are showing?

(my excuse to bump the thread)

-Joe Louis

mtbr member

Lets see some RSVPs

RSVP here, or by PM, email, phone if you prefer.

Feeling a little taller

I'm going to RSVP as a no-show. I've got to play Stepford Husband on Saturday.

mtbr member
    WHAT - you're not going? Bummer, but I understand.. Any day now; eh?

I am in!

-Joe Louis

VTT
    mtbr member
    I had to cancel my trip to Europe... so count me in Steve !

mtbr member
    Oh oh, Your'e gonna watch this movie? Donna Mills, Cindy Williams?
    "How far would she go to to create the "perfect" mate?"

I'm going to RSVP as a no-show. I've got to play Stepford Husband on Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by imjps
    Oh oh, Your'e gonna watch this movie? Donna Mills, Cindy Williams?
    "How far would she go to to create the "perfect" mate?"
    Thank G-d NO! I'm reenacting the broadway musical version instead!

mtbr member

See everyone Saturday

Looks good for Saturday. Rain is in the forecast for Friday, clearing at night. The Mt. Diablo route holds up very well in the rain. We may cut back over to Mitchell Canyon on Meridian Ridge rather than going down Donner Canyon if we get a lot of rain. Other than that, everything, including the single track up top should be in good shape.

mtbr member
    Sounds good... I'm in. See you Saturday morning. I've never ridden up Diablo before, so I'm looking forward to it.

VTT
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Looks good for Saturday. Rain is in the forecast for Friday, clearing at night. The Mt. Diablo route holds up very well in the rain. We may cut back over to Mitchell Canyon on Meridian Ridge rather than going down Donner Canyon if we get a lot of rain. Other than that, everything, including the single track up top should be in good shape.

Did anyone else sign on for this ride, other than Larry, Dave and myself ?
    Early yesterday morning I went up Mitchell Canyon and down Donner. It was my first ride in 3 weeks and it felt really good to be back on the trails. I parked at the Mountaire gate and had five pounds of mud on the bike by the time I got to M.C. The fire road was dry. The bottom of Donner, going back to the car, was very muddy, so cutting to M.C. could be a good idea.
    See you tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Did anyone else sign on for this ride, other than Larry, Dave and myself ?
    Early yesterday morning I went up Mitchell Canyon and down Donner. It was my first ride in 3 weeks and it felt really good to be back on the trails. I parked at the Mountaire gate and had five pounds of mud on the bike by the time I got to M.C. The fire road was dry. The bottom of Donner, going back to the car, was very muddy, so cutting to M.C. could be a good idea.
    See you tomorrow.
    That's all I have so far. Last time we did this for the BTCEB I got a number of email RSVPs the night before. I assume people may be waiting to see what the weather will be like since it says on there that rain cancels. Last weather report I saw said only scattered showers for tomorrow, in which case I would still like to ride since the conditions should still be fairly good with the relative lack of rain over the past week.

mtbr member
    That's all I have so far. Last time we did this for the BTCEB I got a number of email RSVPs the night before. I assume people may be waiting to see what the weather will be like since it says on there that rain cancels. Last weather report I saw said only scattered showers for tomorrow, in which case I would still like to ride since the conditions should still be fairly good with the relative lack of rain over the past week.
    I hope there are a few non-mtbr members that plan to attend, but who knows.(?)

When ibisGuy and I rode MC two weeks ago the first 100 yards was a bit nasty, but after that it is nice. It's going to be a great day for a ride tomorrow - looking forward to it!

VTT
    mtbr member
    I hope there are a few non-mtbr members that plan to attend, but who knows.(?)

When ibisGuy and I rode MC two weeks ago the first 100 yards was a bit nasty, but after that it is nice. It's going to be a great day for a ride tomorrow - looking forward to it!

Same thing yesterday, very muddy for 100 yards and completly dry afterwards. Steve, rain or shine I'll be there at 10:00 am.

mtbr member

Bring some protection!

"Area Forecast For: East Bay Interior
    Issued: March 25, 2006 03:10:16 PST

Today: Widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce small hail. Highs in the lower 50s to mid 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph"

See you in a bit!

mtbr member

Safe riding?

"Area Forecast For: East Bay Interior
    Issued: March 25, 2006 03:10:16 PST

Today: Widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce small hail. Highs in the lower 50s to mid 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph"

See you in a bit!
    Just saw the sun here. Should be interesting.

VTT
    mtbr member
    Just saw the sun here.
    Me too !... between two huge black clouds

mtbr member
    Me too !... between two huge black clouds
    Ha! Here too, and it's really windy. Can't imagine what it's going to be like at the top.....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Beautiful day for a ride, eh?

mtbr member
    Ha! Here too, and it's really windy. Can't imagine what it's going to be like at the top.....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Beautiful day for a ride, eh?
    Current conditions on the top o' the mountain are 37 degrees with wind from 16 to 45 mph.

mtbr member

A few photos..

I didn't take any pictures after Deer Flat which was a bummer because we had some nice obsticles to get'on over!

It looked more impressive in person!

Another view

Before I catch flack about Demo Mode, Topofusion isn't fully supported with my Edge 205 still testing.

EBrider where's the 'Lake Crossing' photos? "It's not too deep come on over" DUDE-it's up to my shins!!!

Great Day of riding! Thanks for leading EBrider!

mtbr member
    Great ride, and with the exception of a few puddles, the trails were in great shape considering the amount of rain we had.

1 & 2 LJ0913 crossing a large puddle (that wasn't too deep)
    3 Proof we made it to the top

Feeling a little taller
    Here we go again - SOD and I will be there weather permitting. RSVP up!

banned
    What's the dealy-yo?

What trails, how long, what time and who's bringing what beer?!?!

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    What's the dealy-yo?

What trails, how long, what time and who's bringing what beer?!?!
    Probably like 12-15 miles tops so if you want to bring your shuttle buddies, they might be able to hang on this one. I'm bringing some beer and I'm willing to share.

Just remember - rain cancels.

mtbr member
    Probably like 12-15 miles tops so if you want to bring your shuttle buddies, they might be able to hang on this one. I'm bringing some beer and I'm willing to share.

Just to confirm it's California, not Washington??

I am in! See you Saturday!

-Joe Louis

banned

Where the heck is Monte Vista?

Any chance we can put together a split off group to ride all the way up? It's only another 5 miles or so...

Biggs? Dan'ger? Becky? Who else?

BTW - I'm riding, even if it is raining... let me know if yer down!

mtbr member

Any chance we can put together a split off group to ride all the way up? It's only another 5 miles or so...

Take 680 South to Stone Valley Road East, follow Stone Valley Road East for about 4 miles, Monte Vista is on your right side. Can't miss it.

I am up for a summit ride...

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller

Google Map

I'm in if Son of Dan'ger is in. Not sure if he'll be able to keep pace with the climbing. For that matter, with all the rain and lack of training, I'm not sure if I can either.

mtbr member

Depends on a few things, but mostly whether or not I have a bike.

If the ride doesn't work out, I will definitely still be drinking beer.

enter and win

I'm totally down.

Had a nice roady ride this eve with a phat rainbow on either side of Diablo with the sunset behind me. Anyone else see that? It was spectacular! Anyway, if I eat right and feel OK then the summit might feasibly be in my Saturday future

Hmmmm... That high school is only like 8 miles from WC BART...
    I am a definate possibly maybe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    Hmmmm... That high school is only like 8 miles from WC BART...
    I am a definate possibly maybe.
    It's an easy ride, it will take you about 25 minutes from WC Bart. Don't go on the Iron Horse Trail stick to Danville Blvd bike lane!

-Joe Louis

It's an easy ride, it will take you about 25 minutes from WC Bart. Don't go on the Iron Horse Trail stick to Danville Blvd bike lane!
    Only 25mins??? That's great, I was going to give myself an hour (enough time to get lost and find my way back). Thanks for the Danvill BLVD tip. I would have definately found myself on the bke path.

mtbr member
    Check PM! If you want to meet in front of BofA office I am on a blue Rocky Mountain HT.....Or just look for the ONLY MTB'er on Danville Blvd!

LMK if you're up for meeting. My cell is 415-341-4500

Only 25mins??? That's great, I was going to give myself an hour (enough time to get lost and find my way back). Thanks for the Danvill BLVD tip. I would have definately found myself on the bke path.

-Joe Louis

Just Ride!!!!!
    I was thinking about riding Mitchell Canyon Loop this Saturday but maybe I should just join you guys since you guys know your way around Mt D. This will be my first time riding Mt. D in 6 years of Mt biking. Are you guys still gonna meet at the HS @ 10am?
    • File Type: jpg md.jpg (103.8 KB, 234 views)

Feeling a little taller
    We'll be starting at 10, so be a little earlier than that. Also, RSVP with the number or email address from above.

Just Ride!!!!!
    We'll be starting at 10, so be a little earlier than that. Also, RSVP with the number or email address from above.
    Gotcha, thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mecam
    I was thinking about riding Mitchell Canyon Loop this Saturday but maybe I should just join you guys since you guys know your way around Mt D. This will be my first time riding Mt. D in 6 years of Mt biking. Are you guys still gonna meet at the HS @ 10am?
    I do that ride like every week so you can join me sometime if you want someone to show you around. I should be there Saturday.

Just Ride!!!!!
    I do that ride like every week so you can join me sometime if you want someone to show you around. I should be there Saturday.
    Sounds good man. Thanks.

mtbr member

See everyone Saturday

I will be there, but not sure if I will do the whole ride or not. Trying out the new ride, so I'll see how it goes.

mtbr member
    IF the Sheriff let's me out of the house, I might be there.

jps

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Okay, I'm bailing on Coe tomorrow and joining you guys instead. I'll see you at Monte Vista a bit before 10am.

Velocipus: I'm going to pedal there from my house. Gimme a call if you want to join up. (I'll take BART back.)
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    Okay, I'm bailing on Coe tomorrow and joining you guys instead. I'll see you at Monte Vista a bit before 10am.

Velocipus: I'm going to pedal there from my house. Gimme a call if you want to join up. (I'll take BART back.)
    Plim-you're an animal! I look forward to seeing you, and your brightness in the morning!

Have a safe ride here.

-Joe Louis

enter and win

Just got back from our pre ride...

It was awesome!!!!! Can't wait to show you all tomorrow! This ride is gonna rock your little world

Quote Originally Posted by Plim

Shite! I always see these things late... are you still up? what time are you headin' out?

Larry,.. There is a chance I will head out with Plim..... I will give you a head's up if I do.

Mar 2006

Ride is on - trail is lookin' good

Thanks to Dan-the-man "Dan'ger" for posting this ride! Like Becky said, the trail is in great shape considering all the rain we received. We had a good after-work ride this evening. There's a handful of parts that are wet n' wild, but other than that a fun ride. See you at 10am

Mar 2006

Yep- I'm up. . . 10 am dog!

Shite! I always see these things late... are you still up? what time are you headin' out?

10 am, dog. . . Monte Vista High School on Stone Valley Road. Take Stone Valley Road exit, EAST, off of 680. . . .go a few miles, high school parking lot on your right. . . if you hit the mountain, you've gone too far.

Chris-Man

mtbr member
    Larry,.. There is a chance I will head out with Plim..... I will give you a head's up if I do.
    Dennis-no worries. If you want to confirm you can post here. I'll be checking this board until 8:30 or so then I'll be swappin' out the slicks for the fatties!

See you in a bit!

-Joe Louis

Dennis-no worries. If you want to confirm you can post here. I'll be checking this board until 8:30 or so then I'll be swappin' out the slicks for the fatties!

See you in a bit!
    See you at BofA..........

mtbr member
    See you at BofA..........
    I'll be there!

-Joe Louis

mtbr member

Good time

Thanks for leading Chris. Glad the rain didn't get too bad and force me to turn around. I did get my new bike a little dirty though:

Before
    Last edited by EBrider; 04-15-2006 at 03:22 PM.

mtbr member
    After:

mtbr member
    NICE! Man your new ride sure is puuuuuurty!

-Joe Louis

banned
    So how was the ride?

Jon, Jim and I summited. It was freekin cold!

Went up to the junction - up summit trail and then up the road - stopped at the top long enough to add a couple layers - and turned around.

My hands were frozen - could barely feel the bars and levers.

back down the way we came - secret trail over to Wall Point and followed yer tracks back to the cars.

Got back around 2.

Good day - I think Jim got some pics - we never really stopped long enough to take many - had to keep moving to keep warm!

mtbr member
    It was freekin cold!
    A big part of why I didn't go to the top. Didn't have any more clothes with me and I froze my a$$ off up there a few weeks ago.

We had a good ride, hung out at rock city for a bit and back down Wall Pt.

Feeling a little taller
    Next SMD/BTCEB ride is on May 6! Time to put it on your calendars!

mtbr member
    Next SMD/BTCEB ride is on May 6! Time to put it on your calendars!
    ....AND it's the Black Diamond Mines rides which I've yet to explore.......AND that's my wifes birthday weekend! I think she'll understand? Yea no! I'll be at the following one Oyster Point which I haven't done yet either. Looking forward to that tour.

-Joe Louis

mtbr member
    "May 6, Saturday 9:00 A.M.
    Black Diamond Mines
    23+ miles, 4000 ft gain. Rain cancels."

Looks like I might be in after all. Does anyone know the street address? My searches are bringing up "5175 Somersville Road
    Antioch, CA 94509" <-is this correct? Just seems too far away for "just east of downtown Clayton."

Thanks!

-Joe Louis

mtbr member
    "May 6, Saturday 9:00 A.M.
    Black Diamond Mines
    23+ miles, 4000 ft gain. Rain cancels."

Looks like I might be in after all. Does anyone know the street address? My searches are bringing up "5175 Somersville Road
    Antioch, CA 94509" <-is this correct? Just seems too far away for "just east of downtown Clayton."

Thanks!
    The ride is leaving from the Clayton entrance (from what I have read), wihc is located off Clayton Road. Probably about a mile past where you turn on Mitchell Canyon for the Mt. Diablo ride. There was a water main break there a few weeks ago, which destroyed Clayton Rd., so I would suggest making a left turn on Peacock Creek and park in the dirt lot on the right, then riding down the sidewalk to the entrance.

Unfortunately the park isn't in very good condition right now as it is a favorite for the local bovine, and combined with the rains, really tore up the ground. I may ride up later next week and see if they plowed it over yet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Black Diamond Conditions

I did a quick SS loop on the east side on Thurs. The section of Stewartville Trail between the backpack camp and the "Wall" are heavily damaged by the cows. About halfway through the same section, there is still the deep ditch cut across the trail where they are installing a drainage pipe. Halfway up the Wall, where Miners Trail breaks off, it is really wet and messy right now. I won't be back on the rigid SS until they plow the trail.

mtbr member
    The ride is leaving from the Clayton entrance (from what I have read), wihc is located off Clayton Road. Probably about a mile past where you turn on Mitchell Canyon for the Mt. Diablo ride. There was a water main break there a few weeks ago, which destroyed Clayton Rd., so I would suggest making a left turn on Peacock Creek and park in the dirt lot on the right, then riding down the sidewalk to the entrance.

Unfortunately the park isn't in very good condition right now as it is a favorite for the local bovine, and combined with the rains, really tore up the ground. I may ride up later next week and see if they plowed it over yet.
    EBrider-thanks! This is what I was afraid of. When ibisGuy and I did the Morgan Territory loop he pointed out a staging area to the left of us. Since the post said "Clayton" I was wondering if that's it.

Thanks for the parking tip!

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller

Monseur Pete just let me know that the parking lot proposed to be the meeting area may be inaccessible due to a broken water main and street repair on Clayton Rd. He mentioned a library on Clayton Rd. nearby as a better place to park.

VTT
    mtbr member
    Monseur Pete just let me know that the parking lot proposed to be the meeting area may be inaccessible due to a broken water main and street repair on Clayton Rd. He mentioned a library on Clayton Rd. nearby as a better place to park.
    The parking lot at the trailhead is inaccessible due to a closed lane. I used the parking lot mentioned by EBrider, off Peacock, last week on Thursday or Friday evening and it was opened. But if it is also closed, the one at the library is a good idea.... I thought I will never see the day when I agree with Monsieur Pete

Feeling a little taller
    The parking lot at the trailhead is inaccessible due to a closed lane. I used the parking lot mentioned by EBrider, off Peacock, last week on Thursday or Friday evening and it was opened. But if it is also closed, the one at the library is a good idea.... I thought I will never see the day when I agree with Monsieur Pete
    I often find myself agreeing with the content of what he says - sometimes, it's just in the way he says it that sets people off.

Anyway, here's a map that shows where the library is for those who don't know.

VTT
    mtbr member
    Dan, Congratulations to you and your wife for the new baby. Many happy years to all of you.

mtbr member

One more potential land mine

I often find myself agreeing with the content of what he says - sometimes, it's just in the way he says it that sets people off.

Anyway, here's a map that shows where the library is for those who don't know.
    It is the art & wine festival, more like the beer and craft festival, in Clayton this weekend. The ride will begin well before festivities start, but there may be some parking lots off limits to people that only want to park there for the day.

I suggest the Peacock Creek lot, followed by beers at Pete's house. We can all catch up on who is the most misinformed poster on the board.

Feeling a little taller
    In case no-one notced, this thread became very large. I started a new one: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=189450

banned
    "May 13, Saturday 8:30 A.M.
    A tour of the more remote Oyster Point, south-east section of Mount Diablo State Park. A strenuous ride of approximately 16 miles and 3000' gain. Rain cancels."

For those as navigationally challenged as yours truly - Nick was nice enough to distill the directions down to something more manageable for me:

Sycamore vly exit - go east on sycamore vly road- several miles

Left on Finley 1.5 miles

Pull out on right.

8:30 am ride time.

Feeling a little taller
    "May 13, Saturday 8:30 A.M.
    A tour of the more remote Oyster Point, south-east section of Mount Diablo State Park. A strenuous ride of approximately 16 miles and 3000' gain. Rain cancels."

For those as navigationally challenged as yours truly - Nick was nice enough to distill the directions down to something more manageable for me:

Sycamore vly exit - go east on sycamore vly road- several miles

Left on Finley 1.5 miles

Pull out on right.

8:30 am ride time.
    Last year, ebrider, wg, ratherberiding and I met up with Mike McCormack to do a ride starting from the same spot. We met up with some non-MTBR (say it ain't so!) BTCEB riders and then only completed half the ride due to time constraints.

I really want to complete the ride this time.

I wonder if we're riding to the top of Marsh Peak?

But now, I'm going to Bo's!

Oct 2004
    Last year, ebrider, wg, ratherberiding and I met up with Mike McCormack to do a ride starting from the same spot. We met up with some non-MTBR (say it ain't so!) BTCEB riders and then only completed half the ride due to time constraints.

I really want to complete the ride this time.

I wonder if we're riding to the top of Marsh Peak?
    I'll be stuck at work tomorrow so enjoy! I rode Oyster Point back in November and had a blast. I'm bummed I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0