BTCEB Rides!- Mtbr.com

Thread: BTCEB Rides!

Feeling a little taller

BTCEB Rides!

TUES MAY 3rd
    Ride Rating: Variable (intermediate)
    WEEKLY TUESDAY RIDE AT BRIONES
    BRIONES MAFIA EAST SIDE RIDE - 10 to 25 miles w/ 1500' to 3000' of climbing Meet at 6:15 p.m. in the Alhambra Creek Staging Area off of Reliez Valley Road near Martinez. We leave by 6:30 p.m. to ride. Join a bunch of Goodfellas (and bellas) for one of many spectacular loops (based on the skill levels of attending riders) in this enormous East Bay Regional Park. Full of vistas, with views of Mt. Diablo, the Delta and the Bay, we are occasionally treated to spectacular sunsets. Advanced riders may receive a workout of good grunt climbs and stunning descents while beginner riders can get in a good work-out ride. It's a no drop ride with plenty of stops so no matter your skill level, we'd love to have you join us! The ride may vary from week to week and based upon the desire of those who show. Lights are currently required for this ride but this will change shortly! Please RSVP if you plan to show up, else ride may change w/o notice.

WED MAY 4th
    Ride Rating: T3/S6/O6 (intermediate)
    WEEKLY WEDNESDAY RIDE AT LAKE CHABOT
    13 to 20 mi w/1,500' to 2,000' of climbing. Meet at 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot across from the public safety offices at Lake Chabot in Castro Valley (up the long driveway to the right of the main marina entrance - 17930 Lake Chabot Road). We usually leave by 6.40 p.m. to ride. Join us for a casual, no drop ride as we explore the trails around Lake Chabot most every Wednesday evening. The ride may vary from week to week and based upon the desire of those who show. Lights are currently required for this ride but this will change shortly! Please RSVP if you plan to show up, else ride may change w/o notice.

MON MAY 9th
    Ride Rating: T3/S5/O5 (intermediate/recovery)
    WEEKLY MONDAY RECOVERY
    8 to 14 mi w/800' to 1,500' of climbing. Meet at 6:00 p.m. in the parking lot across from the public safety offices at Lake Chabot in Castro Valley (up the long driveway to the right of the main marina entrance - 17930 Lake Chabot Road). We leave promptly by 6.15 p.m. to ride. Join us for a stretch after a long weekend of racing and riding with a spin around Lake Chabot most every Monday evening! It's a no drop ride and we'd love to have you join us! The ride may vary from week to week and based upon the desire of those who show. Lights are currently required for this ride but this will change shortly! Please RSVP if you plan to show up, else ride may change w/o notice.

The BADD Ride lives again! June 18th, mark it on your calendars now. You have plenty of of notice! Check this out this ride, I've done it twice now and love it. A bit painful too sometimes. With great views, sweet descents, and lots of gut busting climbs it tours several East Bay parks. Definitely for advanced riders only.

SAT JUN 18th
    Ride Rating: Very Advanced!
    BRIONES TO ANTIOCH DIRT DEATH (BADD) RIDE
    56 mi w/8,000' of climbing. Saturday June 18, 2005. Ride starts at 8am (to avoid heat the ride starts early) at Lafayette BART. Finish time maybe between 3pm to 6pm.
    This is the 10th annual BADD ride, sponsored by the Bicycle Trail Council of the East Bay (BTCEB). It is a *point to point*, one way, off-road bike ride, of East Bay Parks, and will start at Lafayette BART, and end at Pittsburgh BART. It will include: Briones Park, Acalanes Ridge Open Space, Canal Trail, Shell Ridge Open Space, Mt. Diablo State Park, Black Diamond Mines Regional Park, Contra Loma Regional Park, and finally, Delta De Anza Bike Trail. The ride is about 56 miles long, with 39 miles of dirt fire road, 10 miles of paved bike trails, and 7 miles of pavement. There is about 8,000' of climbing.
    Transportation Information: This is a one-way ride. One option is to drive or ride to Lafayette BART and take train back to start (this is what the leader is doing).
    Riders: This ride is rated *very advanced* and is only for fit, independent riders, who regularly ride long off-road rides. In order to enjoy this ride you should have completed a very hilly off-road ride of 35 miles or more, sometime in the past month. Riders should consult a road map, prior to ride, for possible bailout points to various BART stations or pavement options.
    Pace: Moderate pace with frequent short re-groupings. Slower riders, and faster riders off the front, must be prepared to complete ride independently. This means be self sufficient with route finding and bike repairs. This is an advanced ride and leaders will not be responsible for everyone completing the ride with the group. It is the responsibility of all riders to have the appropriate maps and be prepared to find your own way.
    The best map for this route is probably the Krebs Cycle Products map called:
    Mount Diablo and East Bay Hills Mountain Biking Map. Another pretty good map is the East Bay Bicycle CoalitionĀ¹s map called: Contra Costa County, Map 2, East of the Hills. Not sure if they are still in print. Other maps available from AAA (Contra Costa/Alameda) or individual maps from the East Bay Regional Park Service.
    Water/Food: There are several places to get water, however everyone should have at least 2 large water bottles or a camelback. Lunch maybe at Wildcat Group Camp at the top of BBQ Terrace on Mt. Diablo. There will also be a food/drink stop at the Clayton Market. Riders should bring a minimum of 4 power-food items and also bring a lunch. Be prepared for a 9-hour ride.
    Things to Bring: Map(s), repair tools, money, food.

For more information or ride contact names and numbers, PM me.
    Dan
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member

Whew !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger

SAT JUN 18th
    Ride Rating: Very Advanced!
    BRIONES TO ANTIOCH DIRT DEATH (BADD) RIDE
    56 mi w/8,000' of climbing. Saturday June 18, 2005.
    [/size][/size][/size]
    There's going to be some tired fathers getting their fair share of pampering the next day after that ride!!

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by imjps
    There's going to be some tired fathers getting their fair share of pampering the next day after that ride!!
    While it's a ways off, I'm thinking of doing it. I need some self-inflicted abuse every now and again.

Feeling a little taller
    Take note - the standard Briones night ride has now been incorporated into a BTCEB ride.

I've already gotten a couple of non-MTBR RSVPs.

I'll be there a little early tonight as I'm actually "hosting" this one instead of just riding with my Goodfellas.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    dan will this ride ever be a 'late afternoon' ride which is finished before lights are needed--or should i just show up and peel off before the boogeyman comes out at dusk?

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    dan will this ride ever be a 'late afternoon' ride which is finished before lights are needed--or should i just show up and peel off before the boogeyman comes out at dusk?
    There will be some people that will be leaving before dark and have no lights. I will plot a return route for them separate from me. Feel free to join us till the boogeyman come.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

Oooooooooh!

While it's a ways off, I'm thinking of doing it. I need some self-inflicted abuse every now and again.
    I'm in
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    I'm in
    I really don't like suffering that much. My hat's off to those who are willing to endure that much pain.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member

Might as well try it

Most of the later bail out points are near my house, so we can always peel off for some beer and I'll get whoever needs it back home somewhat safely. Of course it the rain ever stops I could be in good enough condition to complete it.

Feeling a little taller
    Tonight's route was very short - I rode to and from home to add a few miles:

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hey dan it looks like you lost 8 feet in there somewhere...bring it back!!

mtbr member
    Good stuff!!!

Thanks for posting this over here Dan!

I'll see you at the BADD Ride (3rd time for me).