Boggs Trail Closures- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Boggs Trail Closures

Just as heads up. Went to Boggs today and they have shut down a few trails for logging. Not sure how long, but it looked like Game trail was shut down as Hoberg's Loop and a few on the backside. The guy I talked to said Game was pretty much trashed from the logging and will need some work. Hopefully someone will have better info than me. Still plenty of singletrack anyway.

my body breaks the falls
    Yep - the signs weren't very useful either in that the ones on Hobergs weren't at the trailhead. I decided to ride through in spite of the signs since they were a bit ambiguous, stating that the "area" was closed which seemed to indicate areas off the trail. I didn't see anything to warrant a trail closure, but I imagine that when they're logging it's a different scene.
    Also note that the bottom of Jethro's at the fire road intersect has been pummeled into dust and is unrideable in either direction.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member

Lift ticket

If there wasn't a way to make a profit from Boggs, it would probably be sold for development. I could be wrong, but I think Boggs is a Demo Forrest. Logging is the price to pay for free trails. Perhaps a Boggs local can clarify?
    I like to bike.

my body breaks the falls
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfaxian
    I think Boggs is a Demo Forrest. Logging is the price to pay for free trails. Perhaps a Boggs local can clarify?
    Oh it's definitely a demo forest. I wasn't complaining about that. Heck, I'm even a member of the Friends of Boggs Forest and I drop cash in the donation tube every time I'm there. That place is awesome even with a few trails being closed.

I mean... how terrible. Stay away. Nothing good to ride there.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

Pirate!!!

Twindaddy

Do you live in Cobb? I think I've seen you in boggs, my buddy and I usual ride pretty early in the morning but I'm sure we've crossed paths there before.

my body breaks the falls
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb
    Do you live in Cobb?
    Nope. I live here in the Bay Area, but have a house in Kelseyville that we typically visit twice a month or so. I'm usually there in the mornings with a dalmatian following close behind. This weekend we were out a little later than usual, starting around noon both days.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I wouldn't consider the logging a "price to pay". I think it's awesome that we have these lumber farms where kick ass trails can be built for bikes and I think it's awesome that I can go down to the hardware store and buy all the lumber my heart desires!

I like mtn biking, too
    Aw bummer about Game, actually. That was one of my favorite trails. Sounds like it will never be the same!
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic
    Aw bummer about Game, actually. That was one of my favorite trails. Sounds like it will never be the same!
    Maybe not the same but with some loving trail work she could be sweet again.

If any of the local peeps feel like posting trail work days myself and probably a few other would be happy to show up. I know they have some days up there but they I never see them posted here.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Kowalski
    Maybe not the same but with some loving trail work she could be sweet again.

If any of the local peeps feel like posting trail work days myself and probably a few other would be happy to show up. I know they have some days up there but they I never see them posted here.
    Yeah, I'm gonna be a part-time local soon. I will definitely have to sign up for trail work, once my house work is done! Usually the Friends of Boggs organizes trail work, and their website also has info on the logging:

http://boggsmountain.org/
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

Pirate!!!
    once the logging is finished us locals will set something up. some of our best trails are still open. Boggs is so RAD!!

mtbr member
    Make sure to post up and let us non-locals know about upcoming work days
    Boggs is singletrack heaven and well worth the drive to work on some trails.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsquared28
    Make sure to post up and let us non-locals know about upcoming work days
    Boggs is singletrack heaven and well worth the drive to work on some trails.
    sounds good, we love the help!

Members who have read this thread: 0