Boggs- Mtbr.com

Thread: Boggs

mtbr member

Boggs

Anybody heard anything about a cyclocross race at Boggs this weekend, 4/28/2006? Someone said they saw a flier at the kiosk... dang it. Am trying to determine if this is a big event, big enough to cause us to reconsider our plans to ride there this Saturday. Called a LBS and they hadn't heard about it and said even if there was race it would be small enough to avoid...
    Thanks....

MTBr ReMember

Come on up...

...There is a BillyCross(crosscountry) race Saturday and a large NorCal H.S. league championship race on Sunday.

I will be at the campground and can mark up a map for you with trails that won't be part of the course.

Look for the big blue Suburban license # NCALMTB
    Tim

mtbr member

Race info

Uncle, thanks for that info. 'Preciate it.
    Is the course for Saturday's race publicly available? We'd like to know what we're up against and pick our rides for the weekend before we get there.
    Thanks.

MTBr ReMember

Here is an old map...

Quote Originally Posted by psmithm
    Uncle, thanks for that info. 'Preciate it.
    Is the course for Saturday's race publicly available? We'd like to know what we're up against and pick our rides for the weekend before we get there.
    Thanks.
    ...The course is basically the same.
    I haven't updated it with the new trails from our new map.

We will be going over Hardtail to the upper part of Shaker.
    The rest of the course is the same as the map.

So Road 210, Hardtail, Shaker, R 520 to Macs, Upper Macs, Hobergs loop, Karen's, Scout, Berry's, Crew, R 400 to Bear Bones, down R 600 to Gails, Gails back to the camp ground,

These will be closed from Noon to around 4pm Saturday, and again 10am till around 3pm on Sunday.

The area down Jethro's, Grizzely's, Game, Bigs Springs, John's, Highpoint, Boggs Peak (new), Creek will still be available.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's about showing up.

What are the conditions?

Is it muddy? Is there standing water? What type of tire do you like up there?

MTBr ReMember

???...

Is it muddy?
    There is some mud...you will find it on Road 400 and 600 and a little just after the start on 210... we will avoid the lake on 210 up by Mac's.

Is there standing water?
    The water just sort of lays there...Standing?

What type of tire do you like up there?
    Where ever I am, I like 2.5 WeirWolfs with about 25 PSI and lots of Cactus Spooge...I plan on getting a 2.55 when I wear these out...especially if they are heavier!

But racers probably like 1.95s with about 60 PSI and no suspension...
    The clay base will be way tacky, so just caution the riders that if they stray out of the line there is pine needle mush waiting on either side...

Run what ya' Brung...
    Tim( one bike, one set of tires....Ride it All !!!)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey Tim,

I saw you as a newby at Boggs Memorial weekend 2011 - thanks for taking me in. You, Dennis/Shar and Finch Plat are great folks. Riding the Boggs 8 hr race in 2 weeks, maybe see you and big blue (your Suburban) again.

Lanny

Members who have read this thread: 0